It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma deputy who killed unarmed man thought he was firing Taser, authorities say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

From what I understand, police officers that are involved in a suddenly dangerous situation fall back on their training. They know exactly what and where every single piece of equipment is on their utility belt. (Sounds like Batman!) They are expected to be able to pick out anything on that belt in the dark when general mayhem is erupting all around them.
Sounds to me like it is easier to become a reserve officer at that department than it is for a seventy three year old senior to get a drivers license renewed.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot
There was only one shot not 2 or 8 from what I've seen or read. One shot and him the officer saying I shot him I thought it was my taser something along those lines anyhow..

Edit to add this
Yes one shot just prior to it some cop calls taser taser then one shot and the shooter says I shot him sorry sets his gun down on the ground.
Black man freaks out due to being shot and cops fight him still handcuff and the Black guy says I'm losing my breath they still cuff him.
edit on 4/14/2015 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Wow now that's sad to hear if true. Lets see then wealthy certainly equals no jail time in prison. Perhaps condo but not prison.
Hope there is a punishment that fits at that anyhow just shouldn't be able to walk that's for sure.
That police excuse will be the death of any justice perhaps. Kind of like that bumper sticker sh** Happens

I do honestly feel for both parties here. It was a horrible mistake and I'm torn on just how sever the punishment should be. It should be very harsh if that info you brought has truth to it at all though.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
geez, they let a 73 year old barney fife of mayberry, carry a loaded weapon?....and what about after he was shot?....the one officer kept his knee on the guys head, and him and the others, wouldn't even give the guy some room to breathe or try and help him while he was bleeding out.....they simply wanted him to die right there. police can't execute everyone that commits a crime

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Worse yet... One cop is heard on the audio saying "F--k your breathing" when the man was dying.
Despicable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join