It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this make sense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Good ol' Mr. Bush, now when there is a terrorist attack, the government will shut down all GPS' (Global Positioning Systems). You honestly think that it will do anything? It doesnt make sense to me.

I mean if I was a terrorist, I would know where locations are, I wouldn't be relying on GPS. All you have to do is aim for the tallest building
I dont know, I just think it has become retarded to say the least.

It is just stupid. whats the point of turning off all GPS when there is a terrorist attack? I mean, terrorists attack....then your GPS shuts down. THE ATTACK ALREADY TOOK PLACE, Why would GPS matter. I don't know, just doesn't make sense.

Oh wait...i know why it would be a good idea...after the attack, the government doesn't want you to find quick routes out of the situation. ("onstar"[I dispise onstar, nothing like tracking.])

Supposedly it is to make it impossible for terrorists to use GPS technology, because the attacks I have seen have been planted explosives or suicide, you really need GPS for that. Retarded.

Does it make sense to anyone else?

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

[Edit: Added the URL]

[edit on 20-12-2004 by _BLiND_]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Any shutdown of the network inside the United States would come under only the most remarkable circumstances, said a Bush administration official who spoke to a small group of reporters at the White House on condition of anonymity.

[...]

The president also instructed the Defense Department to develop plans to disable, in certain areas, an enemy's access to the U.S. navigational satellites and to similar systems operated by others. The European Union is developing a $4.8 billion program, called Galileo.

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

I think this answers your question adequately.

[edit on 04/12/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That kind of begs the question, does ANYTHING Bush says/does make sense?

My head asplode.

join