It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Adopted A Siamese Cat!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hehe ... true some can be very stubborn .. always had natural affinity with cats and didnt have problem with any of them tearing things up .. had one loved sitting on top of refrigerator and hitting unsuspecting people with a paw as they walked by .. and another that loved vegetables but wouldnt eat fish unless it was cooked .. theyre fun to have around and good company ..

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You'll never be without conversation with a Siamese, they love to chatter. Beautiful

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Congratulations on your beautiful boy!

originally posted by: TatTvamAsi
I've got a solid black half Siamese, he's just a bit over one year old.

We had one of those for 20 years! They're very unique cats!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

What a beauty! I lost my beloved female blue point a few years ago, she died of old age and she and I were the best of friends. Now, I like all types of animals, but Siamese cats have a special spot in my heart.
edit on 14-4-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

Here's a pic of her:

She is what is known as a Snowshoe (1/2 short hair - 1/2 Siamese).
edit on 14-4-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good luck with the new kitty--I'm so glad you were able to give him a home and it sounds like he will be well cared for. He's a gorgeous cat. My best friend's family had a Siamese for many years and she was a fun and talkative kitty!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My cats LOVE this scracher. It's called "Pulp Friction". The company isn't currently making them, but I ordered a bunch from Mendards. I've given a few out to friends with older indoor cats, and they all love the dang thing! I even wrote to the company and asked them to start making them again lol! Order a few and you will not be disappointed, then write the company (SmartyKat) and beg them to begin production again!

Congrats on that beautiful kitty!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Expat888

Some cats are pretty stubborn and a spray bottle of water and even a can shook with change in it wouldn't stop them. I don't know what my new cat's habits will be, so not sure where he might claw something up yet.

Another tactic you can take is to change the texture of the places he likes to scratch. Cats don't like wadded up aluminum foil for example. Take a nice, crinkled piece and paper over whatever he's scratching that he shouldn't be. The feel of the foil underneath his claws ought to help dissuade him, especially if he sees his scratching post nearby. You might also have to try several different types of scratching toys to find one he really likes.

I've had some cats who loved the cardboard ones and hated the other types while some cats would only go for the carpeted ones while still others wanted to scratch while stretching prone and others liked to stretch up ...

Just experiment for a good long while before you give up and go for the declaw at his age.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TatTvamAsi

Your cat sounds awesome! I wish you well with the new baby when it arrives and hope Kitty isn't too jealous.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Cats always crack me up when they swat at people. I don't know why but it makes me laugh, even if someone's cat is doing it to me. LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
You'll never be without conversation with a Siamese, they love to chatter. Beautiful

I had a Himalayan who was quite the talker. I Love that!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks! He really is a beauty! I have had so many breeds over the years and loved them all, but this is my first Siamese.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

OMG, what a gorgeous kitty! Beautiful background in the pick! Hope you have that framed somewhere, it's awesome!!!!
It's always gut wrenching to lose a pet, but it helps knowing they were old and lived a good and long life.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mavra81

Thank you! He really is a cool cat!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Thanks! I've seen a number of different types of scratching thingies for cats. I still don't know where he is sharpening those claws. Once I get to know his habits, I can put something in that room where he tends to scratch most.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Great advice! I will indeed try different things.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I just wanted to say your cat is so cute, my moms friend use to have two siamese cats, they look so cool.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join