It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Adopted A Siamese Cat!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My husband knows someone that had to give away a 7 year old Siamese cat because they had a baby and the cat was jealous as hell and lashing out. They have two other kids but the cat probably grew up with those. I feel like a Mother with a brand new baby and just love my new kitty! They named it Ralph/Ralphie, but that will be changing real soon! I always re-named my adopted cats and they don't care and take to their new names quickly. Been calling him kitty and pretty boy all night. LOL Not sure what I will eventually name him.

I am just so happy he is taking so well to his new environment. He already lets me pick him up and is rubbing up against my leg. What a majestic creature! I hate these pics as they do not do him any justice at all. In one it looks like he has short legs, but he has nice long legs. In one, he looks kind of chunky but is sleek. In another, he looks like he has no tail and he has a nice long tail. Can't see how cool his pointy face is and the pretty blue eyes. Oh I love this beautiful cat!

My last cat that passed away was a Persian with a squished in face and this one has a long pointy face. He has long legs and is sleek while the other had short legs and was a ball of fur. LOL

This will only be my second cat with all claws still attatched. The only other one I had that wasn't a kitten, ruined my window screens, rugs, curtains, furniture. I was kind of leery, but they assured us he wasn't destructive. OMG, please be good kitty! We got a nice scratching post with a seat on top for him, but so far he could care less. LOL

edit on 13-4-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Had one years ago named Sasha. Beautiful, graceful creature, greatly missed. I am envious.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Congrats on your new family member!! Very svelte and healthy looking kitty. I hope you don't have to have the class removed on this one. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Congrats and I hope everything works out.

Siamese are interesting breeds. With newborns they generally either don't like them at all or become so possessive and protective of them that they don't let many people near them.

I had a Siamese when I was a little kid and she was the protective type and a real good hunter. Every other day would bring me something.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

They are indeed graceful and beautiful. I'm sure you miss Sasha very much. I have lost many beloved cats through the years and still miss them. Each cat has a unique personality.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I don't want to declaw the cat, but if it becomes too destructive, I might first try those plastic claw cap thingies they sell. I would be afraid it might bite me though trying to get the damned things on.
I mean, we just met. LOL If I had it since it was a kitten I could hold it and get away with that. We'll just hope for the best for now.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This one will be an indoor cat so at least it won't be leaving me feathered and furry presents at my feet. LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I own a Red or Flame Point Siamese. They are beautiful creatures and have a great personality. Their eyes will have a whole conversation with you before they even open their mouths. While this isn't a picture of my own cat, he looks exactly like him. His name is willow. He even has a few freckles on his nose like this one. They're practically twins. Good luck with your new friend!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What a majestic creature!
The most intelligent cat I ever lived with was a solid black half Siamese. He had the body shape and the voice and he had a riotous sense of humor.
Your fellow will bring you much joy.
You might try moving the scratching post/seat around a bit. They can be a bit particular about that. When we got ours one of those floor-to-ceiling "tree" thingies it took over a year and moving it from room to room until we finally got it right. Quite by accident I shoved it over near a window while cleaning and when I turned to put it back there was a cat on it. I left it and it became a regular hang-out spot.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Beautiful siamese cat .. make sure he got couple nice high up places to lurk in and a nice sunny windowsill to sit in and watch birds ..

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Ultralight

I don't want to declaw the cat, but if it becomes too destructive, I might first try those plastic claw cap thingies they sell. I would be afraid it might bite me though trying to get the damned things on.
I mean, we just met. LOL If I had it since it was a kitten I could hold it and get away with that. We'll just hope for the best for now.

Better way than declawing .. and much more humane .. get spraybottle or squirtgun if he start clawing something he shouldnt give him a squirt .. make sure he know where his scratching post is .. never have declawed any of the cats Ive had over the years..
edit on 14/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I like the way you're telling it, Night Star, completely overlooking exactly who it is that's really going to become the slave to the master, lol. (How blind to the truth we human cat owners are.)

However congratulations on your new addition. May you enjoy each other for a long time.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

When I adopted my cat Benjamin he was 7 years old...now he is 12...and he is the best cat I've ever had. I think it is wonderful that you have adopted yours...not everyone wants a senior cat...I'm glad you do.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Wow a flame point! Are they rare? Oh I love the name Willow! That is one gorgeous cat you have there!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Thank you, that's good advice about moving the scratch post/seat thing! I have a couple places in mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Beautiful siamese cat .. make sure he got couple nice high up places to lurk in and a nice sunny windowsill to sit in and watch birds ..

There are plenty of places he can jump up on and he has windows. Hmmm....there is a bird feeder at one window.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Some cats are pretty stubborn and a spray bottle of water and even a can shook with change in it wouldn't stop them. I don't know what my new cat's habits will be, so not sure where he might claw something up yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Thank you! I'm hoping to enjoy his company for a long time to come!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

This new cat is the oldest one I ever adopted or rescued. I was very concerned about the cost and if we would have to move, there are so many places that won't allow pets etc. As for his age, I'll be 57 in 4 days and I'm not young either. LOL The beautiful cat needed a home and I missed having a cat soooooo much. I was sick of worrying about everything all the time. He helps my anxiety and depression and makes me happy and he seems quite happy and content. We will take one day at a time and enjoy our new lives together, however long or short that may be.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
What a majestic creature!
The most intelligent cat I ever lived with was a solid black half Siamese. He had the body shape and the voice and he had a riotous sense of humor.
Your fellow will bring you much joy.
You might try moving the scratching post/seat around a bit. They can be a bit particular about that. When we got ours one of those floor-to-ceiling "tree" thingies it took over a year and moving it from room to room until we finally got it right. Quite by accident I shoved it over near a window while cleaning and when I turned to put it back there was a cat on it. I left it and it became a regular hang-out spot.

I've got a solid black half Siamese, he's just a bit over one year old. What a character he is, never had a cat like this before. Social as a dog, likes to hang out close-by where ever you are. Also, likes to follow you like a dog when taking long walks in the neighborhood. He also likes going around balancing on your shoulder, just extend an arm, call his name and he will run up your arm onto the shoulder. And the mewing that comes out of this bugger, so loud compared to the other three cats I have. Actually, it does not do justice to say he mews, it's more like crying out.

Some say cats aren't very sociable, well, this one is. The amount of attention this guy needs when you come home from work, you just can't ignore him, again, reminds me of a dog. He also likes to push his head vigorously against your head if you are lying down or sitting on a sofa where he can level with your head.

The guy is an excellent hunter, no flies in the house, I can tell you. Jumps over a meter high into the air from a standstill and whacks the flies to the floor with one paw and gobbles them up before they recover from the impact.

Smart as well, he learned to open doors by jumping onto the door handle. Normally we do not keep doors locked during the night, but now we have to or he will open the door when it is freezing outside.

There must be some kind of difference also in the skeletal of muscle structure since he isn't that large compared to the other cats I have, but he must weigh at least the double. This guy is all muscle and really heavy. Never had such a heavy cat before compared to its size.

Lets see what happens, we are getting a baby soon. We've been wondering will the dude get protective or jealous... See, he likes to sleep in the bed between me and wife.

Great company! Highly recommended.
edit on 14-4-2015 by TatTvamAsi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join