It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous human invisability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I was having a surf as you do, and the internet version of the Library fairy, took over and helped a bit. I came across a few reports of people who just seemed to become invisible, an author who was looking into this phenomenon seemed to get a lot of replies from rational people, who found themselves in this state of affairs. Their were a few reports of how people could actually become invisible at will, and according to Medieval practices it involved imagining a cloud enveloping you. This cloud or fog, appears to figure in cases where people have just disappeared. I wonder if the best camouflage for survival, is the ability to disappear, calling in a blue cloud of electrons or something like that, which in our present material way of thinking seems to be impossible, but in the past was ordinary fair, like a cheat code , if reality is a simulation. rapunz1.dot5hosting.com... Then this which gives a few interesting views on cases where people have disappeared out of the time line, quantum thinking gets interesting , especially if reality is a simulation. missionquest.fpb.yuku.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I was somehow able to become invisible as a kid growing up with 6 sisters...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've never heard of this, thanks for posting it up. I wonder if it was a type of time slip or phase shift of some sort? Anyway, interesting subject. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The Philadelphia Experiment - Invisibility and teleportation!
Worth a read I would have thought!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The secret of invisibility is as simple as not being seen.

You can walk through a crowd, in plain sight, and not be seen. If you have the right frame of mind and don't make yourself noticed, even barking dogs won't "see" you. No need for camo, but your clothing can help in not getting you noticed, and therefore not seen. Some people go so unnoticed they could jump up and down, hands waving, etc. and no one would see them.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If one were to wager a guess, it would seem as if these people simply did not garner any notice to themselves -- as opposed to actually becoming invisible. Kind of like a face disappearing into the crowd, just not standing out.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust
I think I would tend to agree with you. All the accounts are personal first hand accounts. Now if they could supply a witness to vouch for their invisibility, like asking someone close if they could see them and if not would prove their invisibility claim.
This reminds me of all these people claiming to be 150 or so years old. They ALL live in remote places that have never had birth records or any written evidence of their passing years yet rely on hearsay from their relatives and friends "oh yes so and so is been around for over a hundred years" and the popular media picks it up and believes it.
If it were a spontaneous affect only happening to random people once then it would be very hard to prove. Yet the examples that are given are happening to a single person multiple times. That lowers the odds dramatically to prove the phenomena. But it hasn't been proved, has it?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
From day to day experiences, occasionally someone has said I was invisible.There may be some esoteric techniques for that, I can imagine martial arts would be the place to look.

Those times others haven't noticed me, even when I've been beside them, it went both ways.What I mean is that the common denominator of these experiences was my intense internal focus.I remember usually being lost in thought, or reviewing an epiphany of some kind.I was usually motionless, though it has happened while walking too.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Perhaps the guys who robbed the elite's security safety boxes in Hatton Garden last Easter might know something about this.

I did read that the Ascended masters or masters high up in Madame Blavatsky's writings were able to become invisible / or just appear when they wished. I would be interested to know if there is anything about this in the Eastern Religions. I seem to remember Christ made himself invisible when he had to avoid the Temple's security police who had the power to stone offenders they caught.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seanridesajones
I've never heard of this, thanks for posting it up. I wonder if it was a type of time slip or phase shift of some sort? Anyway, interesting subject. Cheers.

That's what i was thinking, some sort of phase shift or perhaps some sort of telepathy that suggests to all around you that you cant be see. Remember the real Indian rope trick, when it was filmed nothing happened but everyone swore to the fact that body parts fell to the ground . In hypnotic experiments, when the suggestion was made that a certain person would become invisible, the subject would have to see the person to delete him from the present memory. Which all Or could their be some thing in the environment that suggests on a subconscious level that someone or something will be deleted from perception? no actual hypnotism involved. The cloud might just be a thought vehicle, to enable it. So it might be telepathic suggestion , or even a real time shift, but I guess it is in the end that which is perceived.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seanridesajones

That's what i was thinking, some sort of phase shift or perhaps some sort of telepathy that suggests to all around you that you cant be see. Remember the real Indian rope trick, when it was filmed nothing happened but everyone swore to the fact that body parts fell to the ground .

In hypnotic experiments, when the suggestion was made that a certain person would become invisible, the subject would have to see the person to delete him from the present memory. Or could their be some thing in the environment that suggests on a subconscious level that someone or something will be deleted from perception? no actual hypnotism involved. The cloud might just be a thought vehicle, to enable it. So it might be a subconscious telepathic suggestion , or even a real time shift, but I guess it is in the end that which is perceived, or not as the case may be.
edit on 14-4-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i know of a pagan fellow that can "shield" himself its insane.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

You can walk through a crowd, in plain sight, and not be seen. If you have the right frame of mind and don't make yourself noticed, even barking dogs won't "see" you. No need for camo, but your clothing can help in not getting you noticed, and therefore not seen. Some people go so unnoticed they could jump up and down, hands waving, etc. and no one would see them.

^^ This.

I have the ability to go unnoticed in a line up or crowd. I don't know if it its a survival mechanism or what, but I just mentally imagine not being seen. I've gotten out of dozens of hairy situations when others around me were picked or noticed, and I just seemed to not "be there".

Its not that I go "invisible" -- rather people just don't seem to perceive me. Their eyes see me, but they don't really register that I'm standing there. I think to these people, I'm just part of the background or something.

The Native Americans would say this is in part due to my fox medicine

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Their is definitely something to this , you can even think "get it wrong" when some one is giving you change. Most of the time they get it wrong . Or forget to bill an item.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

^^ This.

I have the ability to go unnoticed in a line up or crowd. I don't know if it its a survival mechanism or what, but I just mentally imagine not being seen. I've gotten out of dozens of hairy situations when others around me were picked or noticed, and I just seemed to not "be there".

Its not that I go "invisible" -- rather people just don't seem to perceive me. Their eyes see me, but they don't really register that I'm standing there. I think to these people, I'm just part of the background or something.

The Native Americans would say this is in part due to my fox medicine

I forgot to mention, that one day I was playing the slots without much success, and thought I'd try and imagine that I was sucking "luck" from the people around me. More as an experiment to see if the luck would change, I stood behind a Samoan women, she literally turned to me and said your "taking my luck" So a complete stranger had an inclination of my experiment, I just walked away dumfounded, and left her to it. The luck didn't change, but why would a woman just say that to me, at that time, unless she had some inclination of what I was up too. In fact she had second guessed my intention, and put me in my place.

top topics

join