It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we collectively may not discover life in the universe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: JadeStar

There are definitely places in the world with no cell phone coverage. I'm not going to google all that for you, again. Why the need to communicate? It's a spy mission isn't? The communication could be picked up? Why have craft that you're familiar with? It is a secret mission isn't it?

Why the need to communicate...You will need to have the ability to control what your craft is doing, and to know "what" it's environment is like in as close to "real time" as possible...hence, communication. Most of that will be encrypted stuff that only has meaning in the context of that unique system...so it could be considered secure. But, it will be received here on Earth, well one side of that anyway...the "out bound" signal will be sufficiently directional that reception on Earth will be rare.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

We have Nasa taking care of all the readings, measurements, discoveries, for the science books. A secret space mission, IMO, wouldn't be going to study what our probes, satellites, and rovers are already studying.

They're either taking test drives of super advanced space craft, or there are hidden bases in our solar system they are traveling to. If you don't think either of those are happening, then UFO's are not terrestrial. Unless you think every UFO sighting is explained natural phenomenon or soon to be released advanced military air craft.... In addition, if you think it's mostly soon to be released military air craft, then there is no super advance spaced craft yet, maybe just able to enter low earth orbit momentarily? That's it. If that is the case then we have a lot of hallucinations of air craft traveling at extremely high out of this world speeds!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The Brookings report that NASA still goes by isn't a secret and it is pretty much exactly what your comments are also saying. They will not tell the public for fear of society breaking down.

I think the Brookings report is ridiculous in what it is warning NASA and government about, but they are still going by this today. They already know ET life exists and do not want the public to know in any official capacity.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

There are two categories of data I have; that which I can prove, or show good evidence, and there is what "I know", which tpically can't be proven...You've read what I can "prove"....

So...the latter...

That was done a while back, and most of this is based on "remote viewing". Anyway, the Terrestrial carrier in the video isn't the original "view", I had issues with that original view because it was way too similar to a ship in a popular sify show...so I rejected it at first.

I can point you at some scientific papers that talk about the technology...

It should also be understood that this machine would either be built in space...a rather long way from Earth, or it was launched from Earth, and immediately made for the moon. This is because, IF it was in Earth proximity, it would almost certainly be seen, and, eventually it couldn't be passed off as "space junk".

There is currently very little to support the hypothesis that such a thing might exist.

Oh, and the "space planes" can pass for a current "drone"...

edit on 24-4-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Bad editor...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The Brookings report that NASA still goes by isn't a secret and it is pretty much exactly what your comments are also saying. They will not tell the public for fear of society breaking down.

I think the Brookings report is ridiculous in what it is warning NASA and government about, but they are still going by this today. They already know ET life exists and do not want the public to know in any official capacity.

smh. The Brookings Report was a think tank "what if" report. NASA never adopted it.

Do you realize there have been several others like it since then which basically say "Tell the world"?

Do you know that NASA actually has signed off on one of them which is international in nature?

Perhaps stop listening to Richard Hoaxland.

edit on 24-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Great posts by all, and thanks for chomping on the subject. To me, it is focusing on the mindset of the PTB that really call the shots on big things that can cause havoc in the infrastructure that is in place on this planet. I see in power like that, the built-in veto that they certainly must have when a big clawed cat tears it's way out of the bag.

I think the evidence of that is all around us, and the aftermath is always some conundrum where our logic says "How can that be?" ,"Who could make such a decision?" and "Why weren't we told about that?" It follows that this subject would be no exception, as troubling as that is.

In retrospect, the discovery of life off this planet may happen in a way that cannot be sequestered. Something dramatic. Something so profound, that those that would not like the populace to know it would be over-run like the guards in a sports arena trying to prevent the crowd from running on the field to hug the winners of a world series.

I hope this is the way that it will happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

smh. The Brookings Report was a think tank "what if" report. NASA never adopted it.

Do you realize there have been several others like it since then which basically say "Tell the world"?

Do you know that NASA actually has signed off on one of them which is international in nature?

Perhaps stop listening to Richard Hoaxland.

Who is Richard Hoaxland? To try and paint everything going on with that brush is immensely naive at best.

The things the Brookings report said is exactly what NASA and all main stream affiliated academia and government bodies are all doing to this very day. It doesn't matter if they did or didn't officially adopt their recommendations, but their actions to this day are totally inline with the Brookings report's basic tenet. Maybe that is just a coincidence? It actually doesn't matter either way.

It is still happening in that very way, and I have heard many people acknowledge this, some are MUFON officials, some are friends of mine in the FAA. This doesn't mean that people are always talking about the Brookings report, but what is being talked about is the patterns of denials and obscuring of discoveries which mirrors the basic tenet of these old studies, and recommendations to officialdom, and such that were made decades ago before all the heavy hitting counter intelligence efforts began to increase.

(Before all that, pilots used to actually report UFO sightings and no one made a big deal about it.) Pilots didn't always fear for their jobs back then because there didn't exist these policies of denial and ridicule like today. It was starting, but not like now.

When there is actual cover up and the official effort to change or manipulate public opinion in any situation, no matter where it is, they create noticeable PATTERNS of very specific things being promoted academically, officially, etc. Everyone mirrors the other, and they all say things that basically supports what someone else said in similar public discussions about life existing elsewhere. They even parrot verbatim what someone else said a week before on some talk show for example.

They even use the same popular "skeptic" and the same "believer" in many forums who both stay within a certain "boundary" which reinforces the views that are socially accepted by all and forgotten about even sooner. (And by design)

You sure are going along with this same parade yourself. Just as if it doesn't exist. You probably don't even know it, or you refuse to acknowledge it like some many others because it would be embarrassing to do so.

It doesn't even matter what the truth is, or why these things are being done to know that these policies are happening. For whatever reasons they are happening are also irrelevant if you only want to stand back and look, and see that they are being done. When lies or misinformation agendas are being carried out by governments they always show patterns. Patterns that have have everyone who is in the game and "playing along" all do likewise things, and it is those things which stand out and expose that something anomalous is taking place.

It really doesn't matter why, if all you want to do is see it and understand it.

I know there are hundreds if not thousands of other members here that know exactly what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I stopped reading after the word irregardless.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The things the Brookings report said is exactly what NASA and all main stream affiliated academia and government bodies are all doing to this very day.

Do yourself a favor. Watch the video below and ask yourself if the Brookings Report were real why they would do this:

And this one as well...

Funny NASA would host several forums on what they're doing to search for life in the universe if what you said were in anyway true.

Oh and....

Also...

In an email published by The Virtually Strange Network, "Brookings Report Re-examined," Keith Woodard writes that the Brookings Report "did raise the possibility of withholding information, but took no position on its advisability. 'Questions one might wish to answer by such studies,' intoned the report, 'would include: how might such information, under what circumstances, be presented to or withheld from the public for what ends? What might be the role of the discovering scientists and other decision makers regarding release of the fact of discovery?' Those two sentences comprise the report's entire commentary on the subject of covering up the truth.

In other words the Brookings Report was no different than subsequent reports. It was never something which became policy. It was a think-tank report speculative in nature which had a section which dealt with what some thought the societal effects in the 1960s would be in reaction to a discovery of extra terrestrial life.

AGAIN. THERE HAVE BEEN OTHER STUDIES/REPORTS SINCE THE 1960s ON THE SAME SUBJECT.

The 1999 “Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence" actually is newer and carries about as much weight but it doesn't have the kind of language that can be misinterpreted by conspiracy theorists.

So... why are we still talking about a report from the 1960s again? Why aren't we talking about the 1999 report? Have you EVER even read the Brookings report in its entirety? I have. It has nothing to do with recommending a cover up.

Who is Richard Hoaxland?

PS: Most of the hysteria about the Brookings Report came from a guy named Richard Hoagland. I suggest you research him. He is anything but credible and tends to exaggerate and hoax.
edit on 26-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

It doesn't matter what the brooking's report does, says, or is. As I said in my last post, main stream payees of government affiliated or funded bodies, just so happen to mirror those report's finding and conclusions. They still follow certain patterns, and those patterns are what I have seen and mentioned so many times now. I only mentioned that report earlier to emphasize how our country suppresses things about discoveries made, and plays down new discoveries that hint at things being found that threaten that status-quo of academia and current science. Not everything is suppressed, but the things that are stick out like a sore thumb and are easy to see unless you have an influence not to look.

There is a lot of "influence" not to look too successfully and that is what is happening.

It doesn't appear that my point is getting through to you, and this is attempt number ... hmm, I've lost count.

I'll take a look at your link later after some sleep.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join