It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin’s Missile Could Make U.S. Attacks on Iran Nearly Impossible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Willtell

" Putin’s Missile Could Make U.S. Attacks on Iran Nearly Impossible "

Really ? The U.S. could Still Bomb the Living Crap out of the Former Soviet Union even with their Latest State of the Art Air Defenses and Putin knows that quite Well . As for Iran , Any Defenses it can Muster would be compromised in a Heartbeat . Sounds like just another B.S. Propaganda piece to me there..............

So why haven't you done it yet?

Well Gee cause a unprovoked attack on Iran would not be seen in a good light most likely

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Why do you think something can't be done because it hasn't been done. There's no reason to do it, that's why.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Putin’s Missile Could Make U.S. Attacks on Iran Nearly Impossible "

Really ? The U.S. could Still Bomb the Living Crap out of the Former Soviet Union even with their Latest State of the Art Air Defenses and Putin knows that quite Well . As for Iran , Any Defenses it can Muster would be compromised in a Heartbeat . Sounds like just another B.S. Propaganda piece to me there..............

Well Gee cause a unprovoked attack on Iran would not be seen in a good light most likely

But but.. Iran is EVIL!!! I read it non stop in the news!

But but... McCain! Clinton!

But but... 1 year from the bomb!!!!

But but... pre-emptive DEFENCE doctrine.

!!!

edit on 15-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

But Putin may be throwing a wrench in Obama’s plan for Iran Rapprochement with this just to poke Obama in the eye, probably over the US’ NATO grabbing countries surrounding Russia and of course the Ukraine crises, and of course the sanctions on Russia by the US and the West

Putin is frustrated because a rapprochement between the United States and Iran will make his re-expansion into Central Asia more difficult. He is hoping that by dangling anti-missile missiles in front of Iran, the hardliners will oppose the detente, leaving Iran without a partner as it helps Kazakhstan defend itself against the Russian troops Putin will have to send in to defend ethnic Russians after the spate of terrorist bombings of Orthodox Churches scheduled for this summer.
edit on 15-4-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: junglimogli

The S-300 isn't nearly as effective as it's being reported. It's definitely an improvement, but it's certainly not going to cause heavy losses against a strike package. The fifth generation and upgraded fourth generation equipment will go in first, and it's not nearly as effective against those as the S-400 or S-500 would be.

The latest S-300 system is actually one of the most modern systems and is really effective.

Antey-2500 missile system

The Antey-2500 system is a modernization of S-300 long-range surface-to-air missile systems. The system is designed to attack aircraft, aeroballistic and cruise missiles, and other air targets at a distance of 250 kilometers and height of up to 25 kilometers. The system was first purchased by Venezuela. Russian arms producer Almaz-Antey announced delivery of the system to Egypt last year, but this information was not confirmed. Reports say that Russia offered to supply Antey-2500 to Iran instead of S-300, the delivery of which failed due to UN sanctions.

Source

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If it is ineffective, how come Israel is up in arms over it.

Seems to be very effective and it hasn't been delivered never mind made operation yet!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Seems to be very effective and it hasn't been delivered never mind made operation yet!

Their pilots are spoiled brats is why. they hate flying below 100 ft. the engagement zone of a S-300 is 83 ft and up. ground skimming missiles are its weakness. Also in a jamming environment the engagement range drops to half of what it is normally for 4th gen fighters. the F-35 remedies this with its introduction and its ability to carry the new AARM missiles to kill them with its superior engagement range due to the ability to strike before detection.they can get to within 40 miles of a S-300 unit safely and launch that missile and turn away.(In a JAMMING environment specifically)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Their pilots are spoiled brats is why. they hate flying below 100 ft. the engagement zone of a S-300 is 83 ft and up. ground skimming missiles are its weakness. Also in a jamming environment the engagement range drops to half of what it is normally for 4th gen fighters. the F-35 remedies this with its introduction and its ability to carry the new AARM missiles to kill them with its superior engagement range due to the ability to strike before detection.they can get to within 40 miles of a S-300 unit safely and launch that missile and turn away.(In a JAMMING environment specifically)

Seems everyone here wants to play the one on one scenario it wont be that way. Even s400 would be firing at wrong targets and revealing their position. If they come into an area to take out air defenses it would be a coordinated effort including these.

And you guys forgot to include these as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am sure more than one Missile is fired at an incoming target, they won't have to face just one missile, but a swarm of them.

Good luck with that

I would rather turn back or eject

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am sure more than one Missile is fired at an incoming target, they won't have to face just one missile, but a swarm of them.

Good luck with that

One missile??? it would be a huge exchange there would be missiles all over the place. part of overwhelming the air defence watch the videos. And i guess you could never be a pilot they wouldnt turn back or eject.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Good luck with that

One missile??? it would be a huge exchange there would be missiles all over the place. part of overwhelming the air defence watch the videos. And i guess you could never be a pilot they wouldnt turn back or eject.

This is how well trained pilots handle airdefense.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It would clear out another obstruction for ISIS to exploit,as well as a revolt in Iran itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

For what purpose?
WE aren't a "Might makes Right" Eastern mentality.
As individuals we don't even WANT to fight these wars, LEADERS do these things not the people.
We answer your questions on what we know we can do NOT saying we should ,YOU take that idea and project it on us.
We will hit them when a percieved line has been crosssed and there is little on earth to stop us from doing so.
Our military ALREADY HAS stopped attacks on Iran by dismissing the feaseabiliy of the plans presented.
NOW they are being altered with more compliant cadre for more adventurism to occur,more remote vehicular egagements that can be hidden.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Good luck with that

Those are old Iraqi Sams, not S300s

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Good luck with that

Iraq has the best Russia had to offer fully integrated air defense system. could argue best in Europe and middle east definately the largest. They even had the Russians bragging saying that it was impossible for US forces to gain air superiority in Iraq. Really sounds familiar to me. They thought the gainful aka sa-6 was going to destroy coalition forces. At least they hoped so since this was the platform for the Buk. Over 2200 aircraft involved Know how many were shot down by air defence systems 24. Do you know what the biggest problem they had?? It was the Soviet command and control systems. They set there defense up by Soviet standards very rigid and lack of local control Because of How Russia integrates there radar systems. This soviet Doctrine continues today in Russia. I guess old habits are hard to break. Also easy to figure out where they would be just like Russia they prioritized the same way giving are support to cav units. Had to protect those tanks didn't count on apache gun ships though. They easily flew under the radar popes up and boom. Than there were the cruise missiles it was so easy to see where they were stationed by watching troop deployments. Again using Russian doctrine we saw this in Ukraine. When BUKS followed there armor that's why the mistake was made shooting down the air liner.

Russia isn't ready for a shock and aww campaign requires to much communications for them to keep up and there ground forecs are cumbersome. The Soviet officers were no help to Iraq. World war 2 style fighting is gone look at NATO games move fast strike hard move again.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

We captured a guy in Desert Storm who wouldn't speak to ANYONE who had blonde hair and blue eyes.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We captured a guy in Desert Storm who wouldn't speak to ANYONE who had blonde hair and blue eyes.

Yeah there was Russians helping saddam when we emptied out the republican guard in bagdad we had about 50 spc ops captured. They looked a little shocked at the time thought they were safe coordinating behind the scenes, Didnt realize we had been watching them for weeks prior to the invasion so they werent hard to find.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Sometimes i dont get these threads . I thought Iran and the US were buddies now . Enemy of my enemy kind of thing , oh and the nukes also .
edit on 16-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I find it funny how ALL the predictions before hand were so bad but once we were done our success defied them all .I wonder if BULLCAT would tell us how Russia took Desert Storm?
I bet the answer would include second rate power or some BS lowering of what was actually taken down.
4 th largest army on the planet ,bombed to soften them up ,destroyed in 3 days.

edit on 16-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good luck with that

Iraq has the best Russia had to offer fully integrated air defense system. could argue best in Europe and middle east definately the largest. They even had the Russians bragging saying that it was impossible for US forces to gain air superiority in Iraq. Really sounds familiar to me. They thought the gainful aka sa-6 was going to destroy coalition forces. At least they hoped so since this was the platform for the Buk. Over 2200 aircraft involved Know how many were shot down by air defence systems 24. Do you know what the biggest problem they had?? It was the Soviet command and control systems. They set there defense up by Soviet standards very rigid and lack of local control Because of How Russia integrates there radar systems. This soviet Doctrine continues today in Russia. I guess old habits are hard to break. Also easy to figure out where they would be just like Russia they prioritized the same way giving are support to cav units. Had to protect those tanks didn't count on apache gun ships though. They easily flew under the radar popes up and boom. Than there were the cruise missiles it was so easy to see where they were stationed by watching troop deployments. Again using Russian doctrine we saw this in Ukraine. When BUKS followed there armor that's why the mistake was made shooting down the air liner.

Russia isn't ready for a shock and aww campaign requires to much communications for them to keep up and there ground forecs are cumbersome. The Soviet officers were no help to Iraq. World war 2 style fighting is gone look at NATO games move fast strike hard move again.

Are the American people ready for yet another 10 year shock and awe campaign?

Perhaps a draft will wake you all up.

Let's see how patriotic you really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join