It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia lifts ban on delivering missile-defence system to Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

Do you even understand how passive radar works? Obviously not. There's an active component that if is destroyed eliminates your previous passive radar. Whether it's television antennas, or cell towers, NOE missile strikes against them will eliminate a passive system.

Apparently you think that passiveradar has completely revolutionized warfare and renders every Western system obsolete and useless. You're in for a shock if a fight breaks out. How exactly is your passive radar system going to revolutionize fighting over the Pacific? Or if the fight is over Europe?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You just gave out a interesting peice of information. EM decoys are easy and cheap to produce. WHat happens when you flood a battle space with so much EM it confuses the seekers of said missiles? And really there is no need to actually risk pilots with masses of Drones equipped with AARM missiles and EM decoys that is until the SAMs are destroyed or expended.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

then you show your ignorance.
the "active component" of new systems is all and any background em.
ie the active component is not/does not have to be part of the system.
they then use the differential components from multiple stations to construct a 3d view of air disturbance in the airspace.

edit on 16-4-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Both s-300 and 400 have a height detection weakness.the f-35 is said to be a s-300 killer by its manufacturer.

Likewise, Almaz-Antey (Russian missile manufacturer) claimed its BUK-M2E can bring down a F-22.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: coolieno99

does it use ir for last mile?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That part I wouldn't know, but it is known that the F-22 (or any stealth aircraft) is stealth only at a certain frequency range. My guess is the BUK radar probably shift to lower frequency range to detect stealth targets, and if the target gets close enough, than it shift to a higher frequency to track the target. But anyway, the BUK-M2E is offered for the export market, and the only way to find out how good it is, it's put into actual combat against the F-22.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

just the conversation so far has demonstrated a lack of understanding on how the missiles and planes get into an intercept position in the first place.

we've not even touched on the equally hard task of getting a missile to actually hit the target in the face of high maneuverability and counter measures.

and the s300 and s400 seem to offer something special in ignoring countermeasures and direct jamming.

best description I've found so far.
www.intelcenter.altervista.org...

still seems to be missing some key components.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The BUk has a even worse height requirement to engage a target than the 300 and 400. WHat mr roboto is failing to understand is that the systems are vulnerable to simple measures. theres a weapons system now that puts out radar signatures of US aircraft that will be sent in with JSOWS and AARMs. the decoys are able to be deployed 250 miles away for the longest range ones. wild weasels will meet up with them to destroy sams at their leisure afterwards

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

www.ausairpower.net...

targetting RCS of 0.02 square metres in the 1970s at 0m
50 years of development
and

In the sixteen years since LEMZ first released the basic technical brochure for the 76N6E/5N66 Clam Shell series radar, no declassified technical manuals or other materials have become available.

F22 easy target, even if it was just the passive part of the system. since flying at 25m in a hostile environment is how you crash your plane into a tree.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Go read what I said. EM sources can be destroyed. And there is nothing or there that can create such s perfect picture as you claim.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Because they tested it against an F-22 in full up stealth mode right? Manufacturers claim a lot of things.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Keep believing that. God I love how people on an Internet message board are so much smarter than the people that develop weapons systems and have access to classified systems you can't even dream of. But you keep right on drinking the kool aid, and telling yourself how much more you know than they do.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mSparks43

www.ausairpower.net...

50 years of development
and

In the sixteen years since LEMZ first released the basic technical brochure for the 76N6E/5N66 Clam Shell series radar, no declassified technical manuals or other materials have become available.

F22 easy target, even if it was just the passive part of the system. since flying at 25m in a hostile environment is how you crash your plane into a tree.

First this is about IRAN and not RUSSIA. the land is different around those areas that we would target. 25 meters in russia? yeah i agree. the same in IRAN? not so much

Second You keep ignoring the fact that APACHES can fly below the SAMS engagement height and so can ground skimmer missiles. Oh and they are getting a upgrade to their rocket pods. each one will be laser guided soon.

Third. Saturating the airspace with decoys with the same signatures of our stealth aircraft will open the sams up to the new AARM missiles without risking any aircraft except drones. if i remeber the new avenger drone can carry missles and internal bomb bay

Fourth. Ignoring people who have more knowledge(verified intelligence) like Zaphod is really ignorant to do.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

www.ausairpower.net...

50 years of development
and

First this is about IRAN and not RUSSIA. the land is different around those areas that we would target. 25 meters in russia? yeah i agree. the same in IRAN? not so much

Second You keep ignoring the fact that APACHES can fly below the SAMS engagement height and so can ground skimmer missiles. Oh and they are getting a upgrade to their rocket pods. each one will be laser guided soon.

Third. Saturating the airspace with decoys with the same signatures of our stealth aircraft will open the sams up to the new AARM missiles without risking any aircraft except drones. if i remeber the new avenger drone can carry missles and internal bomb bay

Fourth. Ignoring people who have more knowledge(verified intelligence) like Zaphod is really ignorant to do.

well.
if you can teleport decoys behind enemy lines moving at several times the speed of sound. then what's the need for stealth in the first place?

but I'm inclined to believe that the us doesn't have teleportation perfected yet.
and drones wouldn't make it more than a few miles behind enemy lines.
even the new bae one.

second
you can only fly apache if you have air superiority.
I. e. no chance of enemy aircraft in the vacinity.

and thirdly.
if he really is as knowledgeable as you seem to think. I doubt he needs you defending him. and he is probably doing his best to find what little info there is on the awesomeness that is Russian passive radar systems.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

well.
if you can teleport decoys behind enemy lines moving at several times the speed of sound. then what's the need for stealth in the first place?

but I'm inclined to believe that the us doesn't have teleportation perfected yet.
and drones wouldn't make it more than a few miles behind enemy lines.
even the new bae one.

second
you can only fly apache if you have air superiority.
I. e. no chance of enemy aircraft in the vacinity.

WHERE DID I MENTION TELEPORTATION? And really you work from the OUTSIDE IN. The enemy lines change constatly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

GO HERE AND WATCH THE VIDEO

Then tell me if that looks like teleportation.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

oh you not teleporting in them in?

how did they get there then?

and why do you keep on with the 25m thing.
you've already been shown this isn't true for the system as a whole. just maybe one part of one of the components, in the 70s.

just watched the first of those videos.
few comments.
unrealistic. active radar only used on targets identified as a threat, and they'll be at least one clamshell per high value site. doesn't help locate all the passive components. which are what you need to find to deactivate the system.

interesting idea. but I don't see them replicating the air disturbance or IR signature of the real thing. so will be easily identified.

still going to need more than 400 combined units for anything to return home. not sure those decoys will make that acceptable.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You apparently didnt get the ability to seek NON ACTIVE RADAR then. GO look up the newest Anti radiation missiles in the US inventory.

And how do missiles and weapons normally get there? Are you intentionally being this dense? THE MISSILE wont engage a TARGET that is BELOW ITS ENGAGEMENT ZONE OF 25 m Its too big to travel along the ground. And this is recent information not from the 70s.We have extended range Stand off weapons that can seek and destroy the targets and intelligently avoid radar detection. within 250 nm too. Its not fiction. the S-300 is a lame duck.

edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: forgot something

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am beyond ecstatic that you will never be planning any western military actions.

The chances of an S-300 being deployed statically, and alone, are about as likely as us every deploying a single Patriot in a field and saying we are defended.

Just by limiting ingress points, and forcing aggressors to employ terrain masking, makes Iran's defense system more effective.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

no different than seeking a non active tank.

you put some feet on the ground and they light it up with a laser designator.

still means they have to find it. stay with it. and not get arrested in the meantime.

they tried that a few times with the hypersonic anti ship missiles they have pointing into the gulf. and everyone of them was arrested. (crude jumped up about $10 on that day. making me a small fortune)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The original BUK can only engage targets up to 46,000 ft. But the BUK-M2E can engage targets up to 82,000 ft. Just as there are active and passive deception decoys for attacking aircrafts, there are active and passive deception decoys for SAMs. F-105 "Wild Weasels" have been shot down in the 1970's Vietnam War.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join