It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia lifts ban on delivering missile-defence system to Iran

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

originally posted by: dragonridr

a reply to: yuppa

well within range of HARM/aarm missiles or JASM-em 250 nm range.

Jassm is subsonic, will be taken out easily by the point defense goodies.

HARM is Mach 2, will pose danger as it is also cheap at $250k each. saturation strikes can be possible. items like Tor can handle missiles upto mach 2 speed. Tor-M2 increases range of engagement also.

Georgia had the tor systems and we'll we see how effective that wad against the Russian. They weren't even a factor against Russian air power in the war. So you think they are going to magically make a difrence now??

Quit posting false information man, like you usuually do.

Georgia has Buk system and Russians was bad enough to not been able to jam it and thus lost a Tu-22 as a result. No Tors were present in that war.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?? so i guess you know more than the Russian defense ministry?? Heres a report on Georgia watch the Press conference and tell me that Georgia didnt have the Tor system. Trust me when i say i always check information i post maybe you should start doing the same. Now if you go to the 19 min mark you will see in the press conference he does indeed confirm Georgia had the TOR system. And as i said proved to be ineffective unless it was the Tor that shot down the plane. But even then one aircraft isnt a success for the Tor is it?

One more thing why hasnt the Russian defense ministry hired you? Aparently your sources are much better than theirs lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Flooding the entire area you are attacking will cause confusion in the SAM crews trying to decide whats a target and whats a drone or missile. Sure they can track alot of targets but can only prosecute as many as they have in the tubes. Then WHOOPS RELOAD TIME. Aircraft will not just go blindly into this situation. what happens when they are reloading and in comes a HAARM?

In the SAMs crew world what you have mentioned is probably the basics of the training simulation. Also, SAM sites are protected by several point defense systems also and everything is integrated.

It would be a different match up when Iran is facing the attack from USAF. They cannot layer their defenses and due to arms embargo would be fielding several old deals also. But training wise, Iranians are much superior and hands on than what Iraqis turned out to be in both the gulf wars.

If 1991, the stupid Iraqis allowed the French to visit their air defense system HQs and they planted a virus which basically blinded them to the incoming attacks in various areas. Same thing happened to Syrians in 2007 vrs Israel but only this time virus was planted from the air assets and not humans visiting the site.

Arab and Islamic leaders are fanatic idiots and hurt their own people and invite attacks.

Wow your just full of misinformation arent you? Well no there was no virus planted in the Iraqi air defense. You fell for an april fools joke on infowars that was taken seriously by many conspiracy sites. They asserted the National Security Agency had developed the computer virus to disable Iraqi air defense computers by eating windows -- "gobbling them at the edges..." The virus, called AF/91, was smuggled into Iraq through Jordan, hidden in a chip in a printer -- the latter being a distinguishing feature of many subsequent appearances of the hoax.

www.theregister.co.uk...

Ill say it again you may think on ATS you dont have to check your facts before speaking but realize there are others here who know far more than you about military tech. Since ive proven you wrong again might i suggest take the time to research before you speak!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Oh no no no they di dnot bring it down in ONE PEICE they RE ASSEMBLED IT AFTER IT CRASHED THOUGH. I saw the pictures it broke into 3 peices. They then stuck it on a flatbed,and then helicoptered the biggest peice away to their airbase.

Look at the video of the captured drone when its in the hangar at the airbase. Notice anything? a slight DISCOLORATION? that is where it was repaired at. They didnt land the damn thing so much as it crashed after being GPS jammed. The vid of it landing at a airbase was a FRENCH DRONE they had video of landing. Looks the except the nose has a boom on it. That drone wasnt really secret and was off the shelf parts we later find out with a rcs coating paintjob and shape.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Since they did it because a tinpot got too big for his britches and threatened the oil, you would not say SQUAT,it's more a matter of how BAD you judge people and armed forces than anything else.
I can't get a good read from the people of Ukraine because of the US media but YOU are not paying attention, apparently WE ALREADY have boots on the ground, AS WE speak . They are just telling the world we are going to put them there.
WHAT will YOU do about that.
YOU had "ADVISORS" alllllll over the world ,NOW we are doing the same..are YOU gonna shoot at them , WE DIDN'T, we observed and gathered intel,let's see how bright you people are.
edit on 20-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

keep your bitch suggestions up your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

keep your bitch suggestions up your own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate being proved your a fool and aparently dont take it well i guess.If you don't want to look like a fool try researching instead of calling people liers. It just makes anything you have to say ignored because people can tell you just make stuff up and try to change the subject.

You want to claim advanced military knowledge and you get your information off Russian blogs. See Russians didn't understand the virus was an April fools joke. And like you took it to be the truth because it backs up your misguided beliefs on US military prowess.

Russian air defense is not invincible the weopons they have may be good but even Russians have defeated the Tor launchers. As far as s 400 the US military all ready has plans on how to deal with them. The only way to gain air superiority is aircraft any air defense system is a last ditch effort.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well as far as militarily, Israel could take care of Iran without the US.

Israel doesn't stand a chance against Iran by itself and the military leaders in Israel has said as much.

As this shows Iran is ranked 5th in the ME, while Israel is ranked 1st.

With as much money and arms America gives Israel it better be first.

When it comes down to it Israel finds a way to win.

Yes and the best way to win is to get someone else to do the fighting for you. Just like they did with America invading Iraq for them seeing how Saddam was such a threat to Israel.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well as far as militarily, Israel could take care of Iran without the US.

Israel doesn't stand a chance against Iran by itself and the military leaders in Israel has said as much.

As this shows Iran is ranked 5th in the ME, while Israel is ranked 1st.

With as much money and arms America gives Israel it better be first.

When it comes down to it Israel finds a way to win.

Yes and the best way to win is to get someone else to do the fighting for you. Just like they did with America invading Iraq for them seeing how Saddam was such a threat to Israel.

I'd say it's the Arabs that will try to get the Israelis to help. Saudi Arabia thinks Iran is evil. In fact said so on several occasions.They are a bit fanatical in their hatred of Iran. They are currently coordinating the Arab league to fight Iran but I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for Israel to help. Your right Israel can't win a war with Iran as long as they have to protect themselves in the middle east but they don't have to. They could use there air power to cripple Iran and let the Saudis do the rest.

I think we're going to see some strange things happen in the middle east since the US started it isolationist policies. Saudis know there is no way to get Obama to attack like they did with Bush. So we're going to see saudis get directly involved this is very unusual.Saudi Arabia's decision to take action against the Houthi rebels on March 25 marked a turning point in the Arab League. They are for the first time uniting not just economically but militarily to remove what they deem as threats to arabs.

I'm not sure yet if this is religous or if they really do consider Iran evil. Either way wouldn't want to be Iran with the entire middle east coming after you. Here's an interesting article which claims it isn't religous in nature. But as I said not so sure on this yet.
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Saudis don't give a flying fook about Iran or isreal. tptb there are more interested in trying to stop their own population sticking their heads on spikes.

iraq was invaded the second time for the same reason they went into libya and want to go onto Iran.

they are kicking out the seven sisters and signing massive oil deals with China and russia.
edit on 21-4-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Flooding the entire area you are attacking will cause confusion in the SAM crews trying to decide whats a target and whats a drone or missile. Sure they can track alot of targets but can only prosecute as many as they have in the tubes. Then WHOOPS RELOAD TIME. Aircraft will not just go blindly into this situation. what happens when they are reloading and in comes a HAARM?

In the SAMs crew world what you have mentioned is probably the basics of the training simulation. Also, SAM sites are protected by several point defense systems also and everything is integrated.

It would be a different match up when Iran is facing the attack from USAF. They cannot layer their defenses and due to arms embargo would be fielding several old deals also. But training wise, Iranians are much superior and hands on than what Iraqis turned out to be in both the gulf wars.

If 1991, the stupid Iraqis allowed the French to visit their air defense system HQs and they planted a virus which basically blinded them to the incoming attacks in various areas. Same thing happened to Syrians in 2007 vrs Israel but only this time virus was planted from the air assets and not humans visiting the site.

Arab and Islamic leaders are fanatic idiots and hurt their own people and invite attacks.

Wow your just full of misinformation arent you? Well no there was no virus planted in the Iraqi air defense. You fell for an april fools joke on infowars that was taken seriously by many conspiracy sites. They asserted the National Security Agency had developed the computer virus to disable Iraqi air defense computers by eating windows -- "gobbling them at the edges..." The virus, called AF/91, was smuggled into Iraq through Jordan, hidden in a chip in a printer -- the latter being a distinguishing feature of many subsequent appearances of the hoax.

www.theregister.co.uk...

Ill say it again you may think on ATS you dont have to check your facts before speaking but realize there are others here who know far more than you about military tech. Since ive proven you wrong again might i suggest take the time to research before you speak!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait.
what.

are you saying stuxnet was an April fools joke?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

Did STUXNET come OUT ON APRIL 1?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

kinda my point.
draganridr seems to be saying these things were an April fools and not real.

why?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The ONLY SR-71 that ever went down was in Vietnam....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Guffaw. What leader and when was that said? Link please...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mSparks43

kinda my point.

why?

Mostly because you should go back an read a person who I won't name said that Iraqs air defense was corrupted by a computer virus. Said that wad the only reason they were able to take out their air defense. Than he showed a fake article about the AF/91 virus. Not realizing the name told you you it was a joke. The article was funny the computer virus attacked windows by eating the edges. Thus widows unsupported falls and cracks.

If you are going to enter a conversation may be advantageous to read what's been discussed.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Um no. One A-12 IIRC suffered minor shrapnel damage, but several of both the A-12s and SR-71s were lost to accidents. No SR-71 or A-12 was ever shot down.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The SR-71 was admitted to before it ever flew. It was known about from the 1960s. No SR-71 or A-12 ever flew over Russia, or Russian territory. None were ever shot down, and only one A-12 suffered minor shrapnel damage.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

kinda my point.

why?

Mostly because you should go back an read a person who I won't name said that Iraqs air defense was corrupted by a computer virus. Said that wad the only reason they were able to take out their air defense. Than he showed a fake article about the AF/91 virus. Not realizing the name told you you it was a joke. The article was funny the computer virus attacked windows by eating the edges. Thus widows unsupported falls and cracks.

If you are going to enter a conversation may be advantageous to read what's been discussed.

then you are going to need more than hearsay to assert this isn't true.

a disinformation article in the register just isn't going to do anything for anyone other than demonstrate you can't see disinformation when it's staring you in the face.

particularly when your own article says:
Duffy maintained he had "no doubt" that U.S. intelligence agents had carried out the Gulf War virus attack, but admitted similarities to the Infoworld joke were "obviously troubling."

and still not sure why you think stuxnet and its earlier versions were funny.
edit on 22-4-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

kinda my point.

why?

then you are going to need more than hearsay to assert this isn't true.

a disinformation article in the register just isn't going to do anything for anyone other than demonstrate you can't see disinformation when it's staring you in the face.

particularly when your own article says:
Duffy maintained he had "no doubt" that U.S. intelligence agents had carried out the Gulf War virus attack, but admitted similarities to the Infoworld joke were "obviously troubling."

A news agency fell for an April foils joke and didn't want to admit it real shocker there huh?? Air defence systems in Iraq were not hooked up to a central computer you couldn't put a virus on an air defense system unless you had access to it. And I'm pretty sure Iraq didn't let anyone just walk up to their Sam sights.

You'll believe anything won't you as long as you think it proves your point??

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

so you are saying stuxnet was an April fools joke?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join