It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator Marco Rubio Announces Candidacy for President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rubio is running a proxy campaign for Jeb.. He has zero chance, but will get Jeb some votes he would not have gotten in the end.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Rubio has a major advantage over Bush. He has a different last name.

Hillary Clinton will not be the nominee.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
He's probably running for 2024. This election cycle is to introduce him to America and booster his name recognition, he may run in 2020 yet when the Democrats win in '16 he may just pass on that and wait for 2024. Jeb wouldn't pick him if he's the nominee, both because of disloyalty (for running against him) and he's already got the Hispanic base covered.

Your spot on. I don't expect that Jeb Bush will face any serious opposition in the primary's. The likes of Rubio and Paul are looking to boost there national profile. They will be aiming to run in 2016 or 2020. It will be the same on the other side of the fence , Hillary will sail to her party's nomination.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Thank you (in more ways than one). Another poster mentioned that Rubio is running for Bush. Nah, Rubio will take votes away from Bush the longer he stays around in the primaries, they are going after the same voters. What's going to happen if Rubio sticks around to the Florida primary??? That could be a donnybrook, with a long-shot of Paul somehow winning at the wire by running between them and knocking both jockeys off the horse. Rubio being in the race makes it more interesting, it scratches his ego (I personally use a transplanted gibbon arm to pat myself on the back), and gives Cuban-America voters a reason to cheer and/or hang his photo on a wall.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join