It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No-Knead Bread vs traditional/kneaded. How are they different?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatcutecat
No-Knead Bread vs traditional/kneaded. How are they different?

My no-knead recipe is a higher hydration one that allows the dough to hydrate and proof overnight, slowly in the fridge.

I also place a cast iron skillet in the oven when pre-heating and then add water to it so it steams when I place the dough in there to begin baking.

I find that no-knead bread has a much crispier crust.

edit on 3-5-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have tried a couple times using a machine to make my bread before I learned how to make it by hand. For some reason it never turned out in the machine but comes out perfectly every time by hand. I don't know if anyone else does this (more than likely it's widely known) but putting a pot of boiled water in the oven with the bread 5 minutes after the first rise starts, helps a lot with the rising.

It has been 3 years since buying a loaf and now i don't think I could bring myself to eat the store bought bread anymore.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thedemonsinside
I have tried a couple times using a machine to make my bread before I learned how to make it by hand. For some reason it never turned out in the machine but comes out perfectly every time by hand. I don't know if anyone else does this (more than likely it's widely known) but putting a pot of boiled water in the oven with the bread 5 minutes after the first rise starts, helps a lot with the rising.

It has been 3 years since buying a loaf and now i don't think I could bring myself to eat the store bought bread anymore.

I do not use a bread machine but we treated ourselves to a kitchen aid with dough hook and it never fails!

I do not put a cup of water in but use a cast iron pan in the base of the oven and realy preheat the oven and then either spray or splash water in when putting the loaf in.

The steam helps to create a steam enviroment and also creates a better crust. this is how many commercial bakeries do it although on an industrial/ mechanised scale.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's available worldwide but theres a sho on bbc iplayer about commercial bread making in the UK if anyones interested.

HOW OUR FOOD IS MADE IPLAYER

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'll have to try it that way next time

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: and14263

I have started using organic spelt flour from my local hippy shop.

Would this work for you and?

Bang on pal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join