It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS war against stupid.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't agree. I think you can be biased in your judgment of stupid.

But if something is truly stupid it knows no bounds.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
" I used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day until I lost one of my lungs ... now I have cut my smoking in half"
.... Cheech and Chong

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Oh I would agree with you, but I was addressing Charlie's point.

But there are lots of times when you see things from the bonified 7th Level of Stupid.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This certainly falls under the seventh level of stupid.

In an interesting twist to a well know female teacher sex scandal story: Erica Ann Ginnetti, 35, only received a sentence of 30 days from a Pennsylvania judge, even though it was obvious from court testimony that she was the aggressor in the case. His rationale? After Ginnetti sent the teen a video of her undressing in a "sexually suggestive manner" the judge couldn't see how, ". . . young man would not jump on that candy?"

While possibly true, that is a stupid thing to say when you run for a elected office.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In all actuality....

" poverty is just a state of mind " Gandhi

Is brilliant. Because its true. Yet....

" The thing about smart people is they sound like crazy people to dumb people" Stephen Hawkins

Is not only correct....it can be applied to the first example as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think the Gandhi quote is ludicrously stupid. Poverty goes hand-in-hand with hunger, destitute and death. In no way in my opinion is it a state of mind.

My problem with the Stevens Hawkins quote is just that it's........... degrading, demeaning , prejudiced, opinionated, overbearing, supercilious , blanket accusation. And any smart person would not represent himself in a position like that. AKA STUPID!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes and no on Gandi.

Some of what you and I might consider the poorest people in the world wouldn't necessarily see themselves that way, and there are plenty of people in this country who are classified as living in poverty who have amenities that those poor people in other countries can only dream of. And yet, the poor of those other countries might count themselves satisfied, even content with their way of life while our poor think they are downright impoverished because they've been told that life is unfair because others have more.

But if you get down to simply not having the essentials of life, then OK it looks stupid.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Funny clips... I can't understand how some people can be soooooo stupid.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

** SNIP**

Ha ha ha. Verrrrry funny. Just because I have intensely held beliefs doesn't make me stupid. Liking the Cubs makes me stupid...
edit on 4/13/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Removed off topic post quoted

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

from the perspective of Ghandi and his belief system....poverty is all in what you want. And "wants" are what create misery.

RE: Hawking....true genius tends to look crazy. It isn't atypical that the great minds among humanity have some pathological connection with abstract. I could dig it up a bit later, but there is an article i recently read discussing the hand in hand nature of borderline insanity and mental greatness.

If you understand where these two gentlemen were coming from in their statements....they start to make sense on a "deeper truth" scale.
edit on 4/13/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I can understand what you're saying, but poverty in America is only poverty By america's standards.

True poverty is when your cow dies and your children starve to death, and that is in fact happening in parts of the world as we speak.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yeah I've got a feeling i've seen that link repeatedly on this site. I'll pass on opening it, because when a joke is repeated continually it's pretty stupid.

edit on 13-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Is it a joke or is it an experiment in stupidity?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We have a difference of opinion, what you're speaking of is the philosophical view.

To me, philosophy speaks in such recondite terms, that it really has no value in current real world events ?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

Oh my God you actually fell for that. Lol

That's pretty...,,...,. never mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Is it a joke or is it an experiment in stupidity?

You catch on fast grasshopper.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
"I can see Russia from my backyard".
........... guess who.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I also have this card that supposedly tells how to keep an idiot busy for hours. Anyone wanna help me out here...? Been at it 2 days.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well while we are on the subject of stupid.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join