It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
How do you expect someone to convert to Christianity when it means accepting that all their deceased family members have gone to hell?

I actually dont believe in hell anyway and think it is a apostate catholic teaching.

Sheol just means death. No eternal damnation.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

I'll have to meditate on those a bit before replying.

Just curious what is your personal belief?

Sorry if you said already. As much as I would like to read the whole thread, 4 kids, more than a full time job, and many other commitments don't allow for it all the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Removed post.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I created this account specifically for you, because you sounded truly sincere. You have a simple but legit question, yet I can see the many rabbit holes this thread can take depending on each person's stance in Christianity. I have no intention of coming here to debate/argue about the different dogmas. My intent is only to share with what I have come to peace with, and hopefully, it will lead you to your own answers: -

1) "Christians" is a blanket term - many Christians don't agree with one another when it comes to dogma. However, most Protestants can agree with the basic tenets on what defines one as a Christian. Anything beyond that, one will have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

2) Which leads us to - not all Christians believe in Hell. Most Jews, whom Jesus was one himself, do not believe in Hell, at least not the Hell that (most) Christians believed in.

3) God is written in the Bible as the Father of Compassion. If you feel compassionate about somebody, He probably does. Jesus' own actions and sayings were against the generally-accepted dogmas of his time, and truly demonstrated that he is the Father of Compassion. Matthew 25:34-46 that you quoted is a further illustration of this. If you think through the scripture, who was his intended audience? Who addressed Christ as "Lord?" - definitely not the non-Christians. What was his intended message here?

4) Let's tie all these back to your question - How do we "convert" someone to Christianity? The answer lies exactly in Matt 25:34-46 that you have quoted. In John 13:34-35, Christ himself said, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

There is not such thing as hell, it was created by churchianity to control the masses and make the creator appear as a friggin psycho.

The creator is a CREATOR, not the destroyer, there is no hell, the person who makes puppies and kittens, is not the same as the religious baloney character that has been made up to take your money etc.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join