It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How do you expect someone to convert to Christianity when it means accepting that all their deceased family members have gone to hell?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I asked the basic question that heaven wouldn't be heaven if I knew my Mother or Cat had gone to hell I was told that god wipes the memory of them from you.
Please correct me If I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How do you know they went to hell??? 😒😒

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I can only tell you I am a Christian. I cannot prove it.

link   
If my Dog isn't there.

It simply would not be my Heaven.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It's said that God removes all sadness and all tears from his followers upon entry to heaven. That would mean that a Christian recognizes each individual's responsibility for their own eternal choice.

That's leaves the question though, how does someone accept something when it means their family members are in hell.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Christianity doesnt mean you automatically go to hell when you die. I would ask first what makes you believe all the families souls would have went to hell ?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

One doesn't know. However, when you think of a family that has no exposure to the tenants of Christianity, how would they react?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Me also.
I believe in some odd type of heaven but not hell because of these types of questions.
Heaven=God
Hell=from Man.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69 And it would certainly be nice if all the captives did not have to be slaves. Second line- Authored by Kenneth Scott Hatfield

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

I'm not assuming that you're Christian or now, but I am asking you to place yourself in the shoes of an individual who's family has never had any exposure to Christianity or whom have always dismissed it.

How do you expect an individual who've always dismissed Christianity, to convert knowing that it would mean that your family members have gone to hell?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If heaven is real it has to be personal heavens hasn't it?.
Do we lose the feeling of self when in heaven? are we still individuals? do I have to be happy all the time becuase I like to be grumpy a little in the mornings.
Dunno but one thing for sure...we will all find out either way.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Does heaven/hell really exist? If i believed in heaven/hell i dont think i would care where my family members were i would try to go to heaven. but thats if you believe in Heaven/Hell i guess

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As I understand it, originally the only requirement of Christianity was to accept Jesus as your personal saviour, and everything else is added dogma by institutions with various secular agendas. I am not saying I am in agreement with any of this but I suspect the original message was purposefully obfuscated long ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well they would stand in front of the Judge and answer his questions. Ill be honest the knowledge is out there I feel as if you say hey GOD I didn't know it'd be something that's inexcusable I mean now a days at least.. reply to: EternalSolace

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: atslagsifnotmember

To follow the Christian belief, one has to recognize that the only way to eternal salvation is accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior from eternal damnation.

When you look at what the Christians believe hell actually is, it leads me to wonder how Christians expect this from the non believing.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The bottom line is that it is a personal choice if they chose not to believe GOD would judge accordingly a reply to: EternalSolace

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Yes, each is responsible for their own actions. That doesn't really address the issue at hand. How does a Christian convert, when it means that those they've held dearest have not accepted.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886 ATS. The tinfoilhat site where GOD and the DEVIL met. And fell in LOVE.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: here4this

I'm not assuming that you're Christian or now, but I am asking you to place yourself in the shoes of an individual who's family has never had any exposure to Christianity or whom have always dismissed it.

How do you expect an individual who've always dismissed Christianity, to convert knowing that it would mean that your family members have gone to hell?

As far as the person that has never had exposure to Christianity : there are various passages in the Bible that take this into account. (I cant recall the exact passages now , will try later for you ) Basically , they state if you have never heard the word and have lived a good life then that will not be held against you .
And I am not a Christian, but well versed in most religions both past and present.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join