It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Man’s Floor is Covered in Bread, The Reason Why Will Inspire You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
His apartment floor is covered with bread. When I saw why, my heart smiled. Allan Law’s doctors tell him to stop. He’s putting his health at major risk, getting so little sleep, and exposing himself to the bitter cold every night. However, he won’t listen to them. Allan Law is fiercely committed to serving Minneapolis’ homeless population, delivering hundreds of sandwiches and basic necessities from the back of his minivan on a nightly basis. What a tremendous example he sets for all of us on the importance of taking care of one another. This man doesn’t just preach; he practices too.

If you look at Allan Law’s floor on any given night you will most likely find it covered in bread. Law isn’t a bread enthusiast, he is an amazing man who feeds the homeless. (video below)

In one year alone he delivered over 500,000 sandwiches to those who needed them most.

Law is a former Minneapolis teacher, now retired, he has spent the last 14 years of his life driving the streets in his mini van with sandwiches stacked to the top.

He spends his days collecting sandwiches and supplies from volunteers through his organization, Minneapolis Recreation Development, Inc. Starting at 9pm most nights, Law drives around with the phrase “Love One Another” on the side of his van. He doesn’t stop handing out food and supplies until around 10am.

link
edit on 4/13/2015 by N3k9Ni because: formatting

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Imagine our world if everyone did 1/100th of what this guys does. I'm guilty of it myself. It's people like him that are the best reminders of what we should aspire to be.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

I love stories like this. They remind me that I could be doing much more than I do now.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What a dude.

What riles me though it should be governments doing this helping the ones who need help the most.
They have the money and resources to feed these people and If not I would pay a penny per pound extra in tax to do so....I would put 5p more in for the NHS.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

There's a special place in heaven for this guy.
The multi-millionaires and billionaires should learn a thing or two from this guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The government (US) does, in a way, provide food to those in need through the Food Stamp program. Unfortunately, when it comes to spending cuts, food allotments to those in need are one of the first things on the chopping block.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You're right. If you make over a million dollars a year, you should be required to donate at least 1% to a charity group.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Law isn’t a bread enthusiast

sorry too hear that, they have some excellent songs

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A truly loving and compassionate man! It breaks my heart that there are so many homeless people. It angers me that there are places where they won't allow us to feed the homeless.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Allen Law is a legend....an inspiring man with a heart of gold....people like this restore my faith in humanity .....thx for sharing...

new topics

top topics

join