It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK one of world's least religious countries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Haha, with the skeletons in my closet I'd be crucified by the press!
I did think of standing for my local council a couple of years ago as I did love public service in my previous career life, but nah (without breaching ATS T & C's) I'd have to start obeying a lot of laws that I currently ignore right now so campaigning citizen is the role I think suits me best.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hmmmm, you mean Christianity is dying while, Islam, black migrants' churches to grow in UK, study shows

Tuesday, February 10 2015

Read more: www.ecumenicalnews.com...
www.firstdigitalghana.com...

Praying Against Witchcraft in the UK

Good luck

Looks like you guys are headed back into the dark ages.
edit on 013030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 013030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Hahahahahaha!! I like you even more now

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

But we're not.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hahaha you are joking aren't you?!
That's as funny as the folk who claim 'Sharia Patrols' are running streets in the UK.
I'm no fan of the EDF, BNP, or white supremacists of who I know a few, but I can tell you for a fact such folk will never allow that and there will be violence on the streets if Muslims or African migrants really tried it on a scale larger than a few crazies in the odd community.
Don't believe some of the silly tabloid things publish. Muslims make up less than 5% of our population and are vastly outnumbered.
If they ever become a major problem then there are many criminal groups who will stamp quickly on them and win the battle, never mind the police, although they will probably defend free speech and the hatred spouted by rabid Muslims.
No matter, claims of a Muslim uprising or any control over non-Muslims in the UK are frankly ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Some yanks are just completely out of touch of anything outside their borders. Combine that with their obsession of a piece of cloth with stars and stripes on and their fallacious media, that's what you get. Most ridiculous post I've read so far.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777
I actually feel sorry for the few Muslims who live in my area, and especially the Muslim tourists who bring money in, they stand out like a sore thumb and sometimes get abuse because of it. It's not their fault they are brainwashed from birth.
I've actually defended a couple of women with covered faces over the years who were being taunted and called "Terrorist" by some uneducated local youths. Last time I thought I was gonna get a kicking as I was well outnumbered but a few other decent passing blokes backed me up and they dispersed.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People might be less religious here, but i wouldn't say there are many nice people either. One good thing, one bad thing. I'd rather be in a country where most people are friendly to be honest, too bad there's not many of them about.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Welsh Jester

Must live down south.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
No the 'Welsh Jester' username suggests #ty estate up the valley's to me more than 'down South' as every community I know down 'South West' are friendly and well chilled out.
South Wales Police (Heddlu de Cymru) are scary stormtroopers who Devon and Cornwall police sometimes contract to carry out violence expected raids when they need to. I'm not surprised Welsh Jester is not satisfied with his/her lot if he/she lives in that area.
I would never move back to South Wales. I notice the higher levels of moody as # blokes walking around when I return to visit my relatives. # that off I say when I don't need to.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The poll may be accurate but fortunately I meet decent people everyday that embody similar morals to those found in religious texts, much more important to me than whether you've joined a club or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

People who wrote religious texts wanted the same things we all do, nobody killing or stealing from us etc...
No religion invented morality.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
That's as funny as the folk who claim 'Sharia Patrols' are running streets in the UK.
I'm no fan of the EDF, BNP, or white supremacists of who I know a few, but I can tell you for a fact such folk will never allow that and there will be violence on the streets if Muslims or African migrants really tried it on a scale larger than a few crazies in the odd community.
Don't believe some of the silly tabloid things publish. Muslims make up less than 5% of our population and are vastly outnumbered.
If they ever become a major problem then there are many criminal groups who will stamp quickly on them and win the battle, never mind the police, although they will probably defend free speech and the hatred spouted by rabid Muslims.
No matter, claims of a Muslim uprising or any control over non-Muslims in the UK are frankly ridiculous.

^THIS^

There would be full on race wars before anyone implemented sharia law in the UK. There is an extreme far right movement in the UK. It would never happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless

^THIS^

There would be full on race wars before anyone implemented sharia law in the UK. There is an extreme far right movement in the UK. It would never happen.

Things are changed by small steps, so small that they dont seem important and if someone does notice they are branded as a nut or racist. Europe will be taken over by small steps and by the time we have noticed all these small steps and what they add up to we will be crushed under the steps.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02
I do not agree at all. Such an opinion is defeatist and frankly ridiculous in my opinion.
It will take a while for the 5% of the UK population who are Muslim to crush us under the steps lol, and you are also ignoring the fact that most Muslims are normal decent people who want safe lives just like non-Muslims.
Regarding Europe, the UK may not even be part of the EU in the not too distant future as more people are calling for us to have a trading relationship instead of political union.

Unashamed scaremongering, perhaps have a cup of tea and stop your needless worrying...do you perhaps read the Daily Mail to reach your conclusions?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I do not agree at all. Such an opinion is defeatist and frankly ridiculous in my opinion.
It will take a while for the 5% of the UK population who are Muslim to crush us under the steps lol, and you are also ignoring the fact that most Muslims are normal decent people who want safe lives just like non-Muslims.
Regarding Europe, the UK may not even be part of the EU in the not too distant future as more people are calling for us to have a trading relationship instead of political union.

Unashamed scaremongering, perhaps have a cup of tea and stop your needless worrying...do you perhaps read the Daily Mail to reach your conclusions?

I find it wonderful that we can disagree, sad that you had to add the last sentence, but i fully respect you reply

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No offence intended but I am genuinely disappointed for you (or anyone) who holds such a pessimistic doom laden view about the future of the UK. It is total conjecture about unknown future events based on, from what I can see, nothing more than tabloid scaremongering.
If Muslim numbers get to 30-40% of the UK population and there are 'sharia patrols' in multiple no-go Islamic ghetto zones with frequent attacks on non-Muslims then yep, I'd be concerned, but we are nowhere near that.
You really think the organised Muslim haters would let that slide? I don't. The EDL, BNP, and every other racist group be all over it if we were remotely close to such a situation.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If you read what I said i said Europe not the UK. I have no fear of Islam but I do fear very much the people who are distroying Islam for there own use and that puts every one in danger. Am I a Muslim no, I dont believe in religion but one thing I have learnt over the years is that God does not live in a building, God does not live in a book, God live in the person and if you want to see what sort of God they believe in look at the deeds of the person. It is sad that the news is filled with only bad things about Islam I have seen many good wonderful Muslims as i have seen many wonderful people from many other religions. As I said if you want to see the God some one believes in look at there deeds not at the name of there religion
edit on 18-4-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
God live in the person and if you want to see what sort of God they belive in look at the deeds of the person
I don't believe in any gods or that any gods live in me. I do believe that the average Muslim just wants a decent safe life like the rest of us, and as we non-Muslims have our own nutjobs doing harm to others, so does the Islamic community.

Oh, and the UK is the focus in this thread, you responded initially to a post which was focussing solely on Muslims in the UK, then brought Europe up. That's fine, but I'm not interested in a debate about Europe because I couldn't really give a toss to what happens in the rest of the EU, I want the UK out of it, and will be voting with that mindset in the General election, and/or any referendum we may get..

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
God live in the person and if you want to see what sort of God they belive in look at the deeds of the person
I don't believe in any gods or that any gods live in me. I do believe that the average Muslim just wants a decent safe life like the rest of us, and as we non-Muslims have our own nutjobs doing harm to others, so does the Islamic community.

Oh, and the UK is the focus in this thread, you responded initially to a post which was focussing solely on Muslims in the UK, then brought Europe up. That's fine, but I'm not interested in a debate about Europe because I couldn't really give a toss to what happens in the rest of the EU, I want the UK out of it, and will be voting with that mindset in the General election, and/or any referendum we may get..

I have talked to many people from the UK, and they have been surprised to find out that many laws your government say come from the EU and the impression there hands are ties is just not true. TPTB in the UK are just using the EU and blaming it for for many things they have invented them self's, for example saying they can not return criminals to there country because of EU human rights is not true the real reason is that the country will not accept the law breakers back. You are a victim of your own TPTB not the EU. As far as the corrupt version of Islam that is running wild in Europe, one can not talk about its affects in England without taking into account all of Europe.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join