It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK one of world's least religious countries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

For some being religious affects every part of their life every day, for others it barely affects.

Ever heard of:

Non Observant Jews
Ultra Orthodox Jews
Fundamental Christians
Non Practicing Catholics
Moderate Muslims
Extremist Muslims

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DAZ21
What do you expect, when we see what religion brings the world to?

I say good riddance!

We see the wack jobs in US congress and its easy to see why we want none of that

But yet the British people were more than happy to let Tony Blair rant on about God and go invade Iraq in the name of Christianity, just like your American counter parts............... Just saying

No, we really didn't.
He didn't rant on about it either, he was very careful to keep his religious beliefs out of his public image, just as all our politicians tend to do. British politicians, whatever party, are nothing like American politicians who stand on podiums and rant about their belief in God to an equally ignorant audience.

Well why did the British government even go along with it then? If it wasn't about religion, I'm kinda confused.

Us Aussies had no choice, we don't even have any nuclear weapons. We need the Americans to be looking out for us, it's not like the pomes are gonna look after us if it all hit's the fan one day.

Yeah I know, I'm being a smart arse now. Just a little harmless Aussie humor, is all.

edit on 13-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I say good riddance!

We see the wack jobs in US congress and its easy to see why we want none of that

But yet the British people were more than happy to let Tony Blair rant on about God and go invade Iraq in the name of Christianity, just like your American counter parts............... Just saying

No, we really didn't.
He didn't rant on about it either, he was very careful to keep his religious beliefs out of his public image, just as all our politicians tend to do. British politicians, whatever party, are nothing like American politicians who stand on podiums and rant about their belief in God to an equally ignorant audience.

Well why did the British government even go along with it then? If it wasn't about religion, I'm kinda confused.

Why do you think?

Cause the US government were pulling our governments strings like a puppet.

Bush and Cheny and fiends wanted to make some money, they offered Tony and his bandits a piece of the pie and so the UK was dragged into the war.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Good, though further analysis might reveal that those that are religious might be more religious than average, for example the UK has spawned more than it's share of religious terrorists.

They don't have a Creation 'museum' or Creationist 'scientists'.......

I think that if anyone tried to get funding for the creationist museum over here they'd get a very odd look, followed by people edging away. When I heard about Ham and his 'museum' my initial reaction was to think that someone was pulling my leg. I dare not ever visit the place, I'd be too busy laughing and exclaiming 'Seriously?' as I point at the many, many mistakes.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It wasn't 'sold' to the UK population on a particularly religious angle, if at all. Most people think the words uttered by politicians is hot air of the salesman sort and as such ignore it as they all know they will do whatever it is they chose to whether people agree or not.

The satire of the day was Blair as Bush's lapdog.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I say good riddance!

No, we really didn't.

Us Aussies had no choice, we don't even have any nuclear weapons. We need the Americans to be looking out for us, it's not like the pomes are gonna look after us if it all hit's the fan one day.

Yeah I know, I'm being a smart arse now. Just a little harmless Aussie humor, is all.

Because Blair believed Bush when he said that the US had a plan. He didn't - just a lot of wishful thinking that was ludicrously wrong. Every British government since the Suez Crisis has tried to stick close to the USA. You have no idea how hard it was for Wilson to refuse to send British troops to Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It's nice to see the UK filled with so much hate. So evolved.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I have heard of them, but if one believes in God, another can only believe in God to the same extent. You can't believe 50%, it's all or nothing.

I think fanaticism, would be the extent a person follows their beliefs, so can a person be more religious? I don't think so, but can a person be more fanatical with their religion? Yes.

edit on 13-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Hate?

Just pointing out half your congress are Fing nuts!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hate?

Are you even aware of the history of the UK?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It wasn't 'sold' to the UK population on a particularly religious angle, if at all. Most people think the words uttered by politicians is hot air of the salesman sort and as such ignore it as they all know they will do whatever it is they chose to whether people agree or not.

The satire of the day was Blair as Bush's lapdog.

I dunno if it was sold at all.

Just a BS claim Iraq could land WMD on us in 45 mins we all thought was bollocks and a case of we are going to war whether you bloody well want to or not! USA USA USA! *kisses noises between Blair and BUSH*
edit on 13-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Hate?

Yes.

But are you not aware half your politicians that sit on capital hill are a mix of corrupt and nutz?

Ted Cruz, Palin and McCain are a good start for examples of #ing nuts.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Being religious is more than believing in 'god'.

Religious practices are the core strategy of most of them and some conform and some do not, preferring identifying to their religion of choice but not adhering to it's practices.

Religious is not an either you are or aren't thing, seriously, it isn't you are in it 100% or out, people's minds don't work like that. Hence all the variation of practicing, non practicing, lapsed, orthodox, non observant etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Exactly, hence I said '' if at all'' as IMO it wasn't 'sold' it was imposed upon, regardless of opinion, there was no vote when there should have been, as for everything that matters. Democracy à la governments is scarcely a democracy at all.
edit on 13-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Hate?

Yes.

But are you not aware half your politicians that sit on capital hill are a mix of corrupt and nutz?

Ted Cruz, Palin and McCain are a good start for examples of #ing nuts.

Does the word Colonies mean anything to you?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Hate?

Most importantly why do you care about the US so much? All I ever see you talking about is the US.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Yes If you ask really nice we may allow you to become one again....
On second thought no...we will not.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Back to the OP yup we are just more "evolved than some"...see what I did?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Yes If you ask really nice we may allow you to become one again....
On second thought no...we will not.

Don't worry NO ONE wants to be part of your country anymore, why do you think the colonies were happy to leave.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hate?

Most importantly why do you care about the US so much? All I ever see you talking about is the US.

1)Because US heavily influences UK foreign policy

2) Because ATS has a heavy US membership and as such most topics are on the USA

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join