It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIGHT & DARK, share your subjective perception for a Alien/Dimensional Visitor to understand.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

So, then Light would be giving and reflecting, while darkness would be absorbing. Light would still be Positive and darkness negative.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

But...what exactly is darkness?

How do you quantify and explain the dichotomy of 'light' and 'dark' to an ET / ID species, that doesn't have eyes and has never experienced either of them?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I would tell them that Light is warm and darkness is cold. Even blind people can feel sunlight (even if they can't see it), and according to studies, warmness is associated with warm feelings and cold with loneliness.

warm beverages inspires warm feelings

There is the connection between Light and Love, again.
edit on 15-4-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Ahh...nice try, but it's not that simple though is it?

Our hypothetical ET species (a species without sight) could then touch some cool water, feel the coolness and conclude that we imagine cool water is evil..or dark. Then they would probably similarly conclude that a lava flow is love and light and we could be in a very sticky situation if the ET decided to take away our access to cool water (as they are saving us from evil) and create lava flows because we love them so much!

Or stuff like that...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

No, no. Cold water/drinks are not necessarily "evil", nor are lavas necessarily "good". The key word is "inspire". Warmth inspires warm feelings.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I would tell them that Light is warm and darkness is cold. Even blind people can feel sunlight (even if they can't see it), and according to studies, warmness is associated with warm feelings and cold with loneliness.

warm beverages inspires warm feelings

There is the connection between Light and Love, again.

Yes Light is Warm Darkness cold.

As I already explained Light can be seen as a subset effect of the Fire principal in Hermetics. It's Warmth, Expansion.

The basic
qualities of the fiery principle are heat and expansion. In the beginning of all things created
therefore must have been fire and light, and in the Bible we read: “Fiat Lux” – There shall be
light. The origin of the light, of course, is to be sought in the fire. Each element and therefore
that of fire, too, has two polarities, i.e., the active and the passive one, which means positive
(+) and negative (-). Plus will always signify the constructive, the creative, the productive
sources whereas minus stands for all that is destructive or dissecting. There are always two
basic qualities, which must be clearly distinguished in each element. Religions have always
imputed the good to the active and the evil to the passive side. But fundamentally spoken,
there are no such things as good or bad

Darkness, would be a subset of the Water Principal. It's Cold, Contraction.

These basic qualities are coldness and shrinkage. The point in question are also two
poles, the active one being constructive, life-giving, nourishing and protective, whereas the
negative pole, similar to the one of fire, is destructive, dissecting, fermenting, and dividing

It's the play of expansion and contraction.. It's the Cycles.. That bring information. Not the Light by itself.

It's only people thinking Death is evil that think darkness is bad. It's the Circle of Life. Without death you can not Live.

A battery has 2 poles on it. One Positive, one Negative. One that gives, and one that receives. Without which there is no Flow of electrons.. There is no movement, there is no Energy... This creates a Circle, a Cycle, a Circuit..

Source for above content

As far as your statement that Love is Light.. It's not.. Love is the connection.. Without someone receiving Love (negative, dark), no Love will be felt. We are Transceivers. We need Dark to take in, and Light to Give.

Funny thing in the universe.. I think it has a sense of Irony..
Too much light and the universe flies apart, killing us in cold darkness.
Too much Dark and the universe collapses, killing us in Fiery brightness.

edit on 15-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Too much Light or Darkness is a human-based idea. To a human, a star or even a flame is "too much Light/Heat", to a human a black-hole is "too much darkness", but not for a light being or shadow person. Balance between light/dark and pain/joy is only in this realm, for now, as death tries to destroy all and Life tries to increase and heal. This "cycle" of Life and death is represented by ourobus - the serpent eating itself by eating its own tail. Self destruction is natural to death but not Life. Hopefully, Life will win, even if it doesn't, I believe we all have an eternal part of us called "Spirit". The spiritual mission is to bring the dead back to Life, to Light up the darkness.

The abyss is emptiness and darkness and The Quantum Entanglement/Quantum Field/Field of pure energy/Whatever you want to call it is Light, but it still exists. The abyss is associated with darkness and water in the ancient stories. In the Bible, it's the imprisonment of negative entities and also called "the outer darkness". There have been near death experiences where people who were negative said they ended up in the void...

People who have near death experiences and seen a realm of paradise all say it was loving and Warmth and Light was there.

Fire is destruction even though it represents expansion/increase? Water is creative even though it represents contraction/less/shrinkage and darkness/void/emptiness/nothingness?

By the way, what you called "water element", I would probably call ice. Ice is motionless, cold, and contracting - water moves and flows. The Norse believed that there were two worlds, ice and fire which came together to make a world with water, so maybe Light/dark is more like Fire/ice rather than Fire/water.

Maybe as the warmth/light slowly increases humanity will slowly evolve/adapt. Humanity survived the ice age.

As for giving and receiving, even if no one received the Love it would still be felt by you. As you give it, you feel it. Even if you receive someone's love, you can still give at the same time through appreciation.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

DarkNess is the lifegiver the mother of the world. There was darkness then there was life. Void first expansion second. First there just was darkNess then the ALL seperated light from dark and created polarity. You have to understand life is nothing but a paradox. Out of darkness light arose. Out of death life arises. That is q reason I know we are infinite beings. Why many religions seek death such as Buddhism,Christianity etc to be born again because only in death can life arise as only in darkness light arises

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

That's the logic of the world, though.

Remember, Jesus said even sickness can be healed and the dead brought back to Life. The Kingdom come on Earth as it is in Heaven. Life Everlasting and Peace. The world one with God and knowing God. Jesus said that Faith is very important and it is Faith that lets miracles happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
you can't argue with someone who takes a written religous script to seriously because they always think they are right and if they think you are wrong it's because in their oppinion you would be ignorant, corrupted and filled with Satan.

or something or other.

I honestly don't care, The universe does not catter to such individuals. You can pray to light and Jesus but you'll die and end up in the embrace of Darkness just the same as the opposite spectrum where you are born from the dark womb of your mother and blinded by the light, where you cannot see for several weeks.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

As for giving and receiving, even if no one received the Love it would still be felt by you. As you give it, you feel it. Even if you receive someone's love, you can still give at the same time through appreciation.

I agree.

That's you being dark and light again though.. There is never one without the other. You feel it because you are dark.

I can conceive of no other way to create a universe, out of nothing, to be honest.

The interplay between all the cycles.. It breads intelligence, and energy in your spirit.. This does not go away. Information is conserved always...

So while scientists think "entropy always increases." I see the exact opposite. We are growing spirits, or organized energies.. The more you use it, the stronger it gets.. So in essence you can get something from nothing, it just takes some doing.

And this is one of the great beauties of the Universe.. To me anyway. God is a cool dude..

edit on 16-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Read psalms as well any Christian that argues darkness is evil is sadly mistaken Hashem/"god" repeatedly states his kingdom is in the black void Psalms 18:11

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I agree with this:

We are growing spirits, or organized energies.. The more you use it, the stronger it gets.. So in essence you can get something from nothing, it just takes some doing.

As for being darkness for feeling Love, I have to disagree with that. You can only give something if you have it. You feel it as you give it, you hold it as you give it.

Darkness would be the lack of Love, trying to absorb people's energy, manipate and control - greed.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Light & Dark? Sure, I'll play...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join