It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I mean some posters having graced our boards lately wanting to disrupt just about every UFO thread they participate in by saying how special they are because the are an expert at Alien contact because they saw an alien and in other threads say they are looking for truth yet refuse to post a thread about their experience because it would too long.

So if you're so upset and complaining about that poster, why do you want them to post a very long thread about their experiences??

I know you're not talking about me in this thread, I've never been in here till now.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: amazing
It

Many of those earthlike planets are hundreds of thousands if not millions, if not billiions of years older than earth.

That's the problem TIME & DISTANCE, I have no doubt life is out there somewhere, but as said before is it close enough and in the correct time period to visit us THAT is the problem.

We can look through a telescope and see planets and stars. it only takes us to set up and focus. that's about as fast as it takes them to point their guidance beam, and be here. We can not know others Technology and Mathematics. we are mere children with less than 100 years in the Air, and 40 years in space.

Our theories on time and space are Irrelevant

Actually...i think they come here riding on pink unicorns which poop sulfur and diamonds. Since we are making things up that we have no way of knowing , its just as believable as what you are saying. but i have a feeling that my point will be lost on you.

Everyone in time that said something was impossible came to find that later it was possible. With this being said

Cool, are we playing the "make up anything that sounds vaguely deep, even if its not true" game now?

It is true..Remember when the world was flat?
Remember when flight was impossible?
Remember when space flight was impossible?
Remember when TV ,Cell phones , computers..ETC were impossible?

Just because you may believe something isn't true or impossible, at some point you will be proven wrong.

I used to say that stuff too. then i wised up and took another look and found clarity

Um but no one seriously ever alleged those things were impossible. Difficult to achieve yes, but not impossible. If you're going to make that argument you better have some actual quotes from credible people to back it up.

Um but yes they did seriously allege those things were impossible, jade.

Somebody call for backup?

"Heavier than air flying machines are impossible."
-- Lord Kelvin

Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible.
— Simon Newcomb, Director, U.S. Naval Observatory, 1902

"This foolish idea of shooting at the moon is an example of the absurd
length to which vicious specialization will carry scientists. To escape
the Earth's gravitation a projectile needs a velocity of 7 miles per
second. The thermal energy at this speed is 15,180 calories [per gram].
Hence the proposition appears to be basically impossible"
-- A. W. Bickerton, 1926

"There is no hope for the fanciful idea of reaching the Moon because of
insurmountable barriers to escaping the Earth's gravity."
-- Forest Ray Moulton, astronomer, 1932

"Space travel is utter bilge."
-- Richard Woolley, Astronomer Royal, 1956

"Rail travel at high speed is not possible because passengers, unable to
breathe, would die of asphyxia."
-- Dr. Dionysus Lardner, 1793-1859

"What can be more palpably absurd than the prospect held out of
locomotives travelling twice the speed of stagecoaches?"
-- Quarterly Review, 1825

"I can accept the theory of relativity as little as I can accept the
existence of atoms and other such dogmas."
-- Ernst Mach (1838-1916)

"X-rays will prove to be a hoax."
-- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895

"A popular fantasy is to suppose that flying machines could
be used to drop dynamite on the enemy in time of war."
-- William H. Pickering, Director, Harvard College Observatory, 1908

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will be
obtainable."
-- Albert Einstein, 1932

"The energy produced by the breaking down of the atom is a very poor kind
of thing. Anyone who expects a source of power from the transformations
of these atoms is talking moonshine."
-- Ernest Rutherford, 1930

"I must confess that my imagination, in spite even of spurring, refuses to
see any sort of submarine doing anything but suffocating its crew and
foundering at sea."
-- H. G. Wells, 1901

"No one will ever be able to measure nerve impulse speed."
-- Johannes Muller, German Physiologist, 1846

You're welcome!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

And your words give a fabulous example of your own human arrogance assuming things you obviously know nothing about. I expect you will find out in quite an embarrassing way just how far your arrogance reaches.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I love the guys in here including the Op who are speaking with such authority. "Yes they exist", "they are better at hiding than us", "people are scared to admit they are around us", "You are absolutely right! its the fear factor", "they just need to point they beam at our planet and they are here..>"

Love it, its like a very sad comedy show.

Instead of providing a shred of decent proof you guys just adopt the authoritative position "We are right and everyone else is in denial! Or scared". Like bullies who think that being the loudest voice means they are right.

Love the fact that you guys have intimate knowledge of alien presence on earth but you pend all your time on a silly internet forum. Other people are making big waves in the world, getting known, making money, selling their stories/knowledge etc...
You guys who have apparentely had MANY (so many its like the weather!) encounters and all you do it argue with people on ATS.

Such amazing insight into something extraordinary but...no one knows who you are outside of ATS.

"Honey...why dont you find a way of making money from this amazing info you have!?"
"One second, i just to answer all these ATS posts"

Its not about money, its about sharing in the experience. As it is the Human Experience.
ATS may not be the best place to share it, but it Free...Lol

yes, im sure you would turn down the buckets of moeny you could make from your experiences if it was handed to you. How noble of you. LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think most people believe life exists elsewhere on other planets.

I just don't think they're residing on planets close to us. I used to believe they visited earth, now I don't. All the so called evidence that comes up always sucks. It's spoilt the fun of believing.

I think the interest is fading. It peaked in the late 90's. It's over as far as I'm concerned. I used to read lots of books about it and even joined ATS because of my interest. I think I've read enough about it on here to just discard my interest now.

I suppose it's possible something could come along and pique my interest but for now I'm not much of a believer. I will always believe intelligent life exists beyond our planet though.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I love the guys in here including the Op who are speaking with such authority. "Yes they exist", "they are better at hiding than us", "people are scared to admit they are around us", "You are absolutely right! its the fear factor", "they just need to point they beam at our planet and they are here..>"

Love it, its like a very sad comedy show.

Instead of providing a shred of decent proof you guys just adopt the authoritative position "We are right and everyone else is in denial! Or scared". Like bullies who think that being the loudest voice means they are right.

Love the fact that you guys have intimate knowledge of alien presence on earth but you pend all your time on a silly internet forum. Other people are making big waves in the world, getting known, making money, selling their stories/knowledge etc...
You guys who have apparentely had MANY (so many its like the weather!) encounters and all you do it argue with people on ATS.

Such amazing insight into something extraordinary but...no one knows who you are outside of ATS.

"Honey...why dont you find a way of making money from this amazing info you have!?"
"One second, i just to answer all these ATS posts"

Its not about money, its about sharing in the experience. As it is the Human Experience.
ATS may not be the best place to share it, but it Free...Lol

Yes, im sure you would turn down the buckets of moeny you could make from your experiences if it was handed to you. How noble of you. LOL

I'm not Travis Walton, Betty Hill or Bob Lazar. Although my experiences are quite Bizarre and over time. Others are probably better Candidates for profit?...But i will Share and Get the backs of my witnesses and others that are telling it like it is

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Do you really feel it was the UFO's that concerned her? Or maybe it was the fact that you were the one who could see them?

Peace
edit on 23-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Do you really feel it was the UFO's that concerned her? Or maybe it was the fact that you were the one who could see them?

Peace

Definitely the UFO...It was way closer than she realized

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Peace

Do you have any missing time experiences? Have you considered the possibility you've been abducted? Do you have a mental connection with these UFOs?

I am interested to hear more, if you want to share your experiences.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Peace

Do you have any missing time experiences? Have you considered the possibility you've been abducted? Do you have a mental connection with these UFOs?

I am interested to hear more, if you want to share your experiences.

From a very young child i had an inherent fear of some unknown thing, and as i was growing up i always had a feeling i was being watched. when i was around 8 years i found a blue dot on my left leg that if i touched it, i could feel something hard under the skin like a pencil lead or small bead, that i couldn't figure out how it got there. For years it was present, then one day i forgot about it and years later when i tried to find it, it was gone, like it was never there, along with the blue dot. Throughout my life ive been extremely aware of all that goes on around me, with an enhanced ESP ability. Sometime so extreme that i could sense the phone going to ring, who it was on the other end and what they were going to say...to other people. Many things happened in the ESP department over the years. Started seeing UFOS from around 10 years of age that i can remember, but that's because there were others with me when we shared that adventure. as time moved on and with many other witnesses, UFOs had been seen and experienced. There really is a possibility that i had been tampered with from birth by Aliens, but i believe pretty much all of us have...Some of us are more sensitive than others and are more aware they are around us..and sometimes they let us know

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join