It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Mysteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is an extension of my last post into this subject:

Do you ever wonder, or reflect, on how odd it is how surrounded we are by metaphors?

Just now I was reflecting on the earth, in space. Biolife on the earth, from which we arise. And with us, we feel "in the earth", as it were, the physicality of our body.

Yet we are as empty and above it as the earth is living and moving.

In case you didn't notice, our cognitive awareness = space, while our embodied experience = earth.

But then I thought....again, about fear - because I've been stressed, my body's all off, I haven't been working out - etc: clearly my serotonin, "my internal regulator juice" is down. So I'm feeling a little naked before my suffocating thoughts.

But love, again, I said to myself, although FEAR helps expose the true power of love, they aren't symmetrical. One really does favor - eventually, the overriding power of love.

And then I though, oooh, that's interesting: the heart is tilted to the left side. Screw the biological reason! Clearly, the heart, where we feel and experience = Love. And the left side of the body, as we know, feeds to the right part of our brain: the part of the brain which essentially processes non-linear dimensions of experience like emotion. But why the tilt? The imbalance? The asymmetry?

Why does life take the forms it takes - and why does it tease us with these profound associations: the heart on the left, ones fear of death, suffering, and the essential need to believe in the power of love?

These are profound associations that no one can take away from me. I truly do believe they intimate some deeper, non-linear, mystical, flow-like, a cosmic imprint that we can never 'know' or totally figure out, but to always, still, be amazed at how life often presents itself to us.

I mean, the reasons could be reduced to the biological: but they also, necessarily, feed upwards towards the existential.

The banal and the profound: harshness, carnivorous creatures, death, suffering, natural disasters. And yet amidst this melee is a bipedal ape like creature that can see such patterns wonder, curiously, asking "what is this world saying to me?"

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Actually... your main point about the heart being "tilted" to the left side and, as such, feeding the right side of our brains, is flawed.

Neurologically, yes, the right brain controls the left side and the left brain, the right side. The brain is also highly adaptable - at early stages especially - and regions not normally responsible for certain tasks can and do "take over" those roles from damaged portions.

However, the basic right/left brain control of the left/right side of the body doesn't hold with blood flow. The heart (whichever side it's on... or not on) doesn't send certain blood to one side of our brain or the other. It's a pump. Blood is circulated everywhere equally at the same rate depending on vessel size (and other variables such as blockages, damaged or severed vessels, etc).

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I admit to never thinking about how our heart is tipped to one side and I enjoyed your thoughts. I don't necessarily think its all about the brain either with its left and right side though and how that heart to brain functions. Our bodies are holistically working and the blood also IMHO carries our memories and a lot of other things.

Everything in the body seems to have exoteric and esoteric meaning behind how it functions so for me this discussion should throw up some very interesting reading hopefully. I had a number of polarity therapies which were amazing and showed that when (for some reason) part of my body was being manipulated my brain was releasing memories I had completely forgotten and was able to start the healing process on. Some of the polarity work was not for me, but I would recommend it to anyone who understands what being stuck is like. Great thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

and the blood also IMHO carries our memories and a lot of other things.
Hmm, I never heard that one, very interesting. How would you explain say, blood transfusions? Do you lose your memories once you've lost blood or gained alien memories from donor blood you've received? Also, could you give examples of the other "things" you've mentioned. I'm assuming your not talking about corpuscles, oxygen etc. Just asking. Thanks.
a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

However, the basic right/left brain control of the left/right side of the body doesn't hold with blood flow. The heart (whichever side it's on... or not on) doesn't send certain blood to one side of our brain or the other. It's a pump. Blood is circulated everywhere equally at the same rate depending on vessel size (and other variables such as blockages, damaged or severed vessels, etc).

Oh, of course. That's obviously a necessity for normal and healthy tissue function.

I'm just reflecting on some interesting metaphysical associations that, although there is absolutely no way to verify it, it can be thought about and fascinate you.

Depending, of course, on "what state you're in". Sometimes these sort of associations, if were feeling cynical or overly sure about what we know (and don't know!) were liable to dismiss or reject these sorts of thoughts as whimsical and desperate.

But, seeing I think positivism is fundamentally ignorant/arrogant, I think human beings - each one of us - should have the leeway to explore reality to get a sense of "what it means for us".

If you've read Yan Martells "Life of Pi", I'm sort of feeling a similarity here. Life, at root, despite all that science can explain about FUNCTION, can still not pronounce upon everything that there is, and can certainly not deprive a human imagination from wondering "what is the world saying?"

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm an extremely curious cat, the novelty to be found in life can be a great catalyst for personal growth.

I favour the position that life is meant to us lessons about love and all the forms it takes.I feel that's probably a never-ending story, that grows one closer to the divine.That journey can be described archetypically in various ways, The Fool's Journey in The Tarot or The Hero's Journey from the works of Joseph Campbell come to mind.

Learning to recognize the more sublime patterns that emerge around us, or the geometry life itself takes, is part of what gives one the sense of adventure to learn to practice leaving fear behind.It can provide strength when the rational mind fails and the odds appear to be stacked towards darkness.To focus on the now or the "present".

The relationship between form and function is fertile soil to reflect upon.I feel that form of meditation can only enrich us, to the degree we invest time.Depending on how intimate one's practice becomes, there is an opportunity to learn to read the forms through their appearance.

I have much work to do with this in the metaphysical sense but the root of that exploration stems from my trades experience. Idk, to put it in laymen's terms learning to recognize how pieces of a puzzle fit together through visualization.

I share a more fractal perspective of our universe.These kinds of associations you mention, in an existential sense reflect the spirit of the one who is, was, and ever will be.In other words, in worlds were change is the only constant, the artist behind the scenes reaches us through the energy or principles written into the fabric of life itself. Lol, my neoplatonism is showing!

top topics

join