It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childcare rebates could be denied to anti-vaccination parents under new Federal Government laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children will miss out on government benefits of up to $15,000 per child under a new measure announced by Prime Minister Tony Abbott.

Childcare rebates could be denied to anti-vaccination parents under new Federal Government laws

Sorry Mods if this has been posted, I did search for it.

This news really bothers me even tho I'm not a parent. I dont know whats next, the government mandating abortions? euthanasia? where does this end?.

Oh, and this is being supported by the opposition too, so I guess we have Big Pharma getting their way no matter what.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten said it was a sensible step.

"We believe fundamentally in the science of vaccinations and we fundamentally believe that policy should be made by the best evidence and the best science," he said.

Fascism creeps.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

well, must be the suck living in the Kingdom right now. I imagine it would suck to live in most Kingdoms anyways. Why do people even pretend that the royal family has no say in this?? I would venture to bet that the biggest shareholders of the largest Pharma companies on Earth are the Royals and the Richers of the Western world.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Man that is Totally F ked up!!! They are basically throwin money at parents so they will have their kids get stabbed by poisonous needles!! I'd say in some cases this could be construed as attempted Murder! Let's hope there are some smart lawyers out there to take these cases... What B. S. really...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
From a legal perspective I'm still trying to work it out (I'm no lawyer but I am enrolled in a Law School). The fact they are still allowing exclusions for religious reasons leads me to think investigating the equal opportunity/discrimination avenue. Other than that, off the top of my head UN international rights of the child??

I dont know, it was the second news story I read when I got up today and I still dont know if I am awake or still in a nightmare???

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes
People are still brainwashed to think Royals offer some sort of security. Honestly, I think vaccines help keep the sheep in line--but thats just tinfoil nonsense

Yeah it sucks not having a democratically elected head of state, but cops came round my door last time I advocated building guillotines.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Oh wauw, isn't that blackmailing?

I wrote an article about it. When you are vaccinated you can make people sick with a weak immune system. Also, there are cases of brain damage. The vaccines are not 100% clean, that's for sure. As parent, you have the right to refuse.

I call it, the modern holocaust

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: anogiant
Agreed that its the same thing as the Holocaust--in fact if you look at the vaccine policy for indigenous children compared to that of non-indigenous children, then look at the exponential increase in autism spectrum disorder in the indigenous population: IT IS GENOCIDE!.

Oh, but autism is genetic--according to Big Pharma.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't live in Australia--but I say good. The government is giving you money. The government wants your kids vaccinated. You vaccinate them or the government doesn't pay for it when they get sick. Makes sense to me. You decide to do your own thing? Prepare to pay for it.

I don't see what's such a big deal. Welcome to how the world works.

OR ELECT SOMEONE ELSE WHO REPRESENTS YOU BETTER.

Like, it isn't genocide. You elected them.
edit on 13-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia
The childcare rebate is what a large number of working families rely on to survive--if that is taken away then you are creating an underclass. But sure keep them poor if they dont tow the line.

Next they will be withholding it for people who refuse compulsory euthanasia at the age of 70.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what people choose.

Money or irrational belief.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

uh so what? then I guess they have to get their kids vaccinated and then they can keep on surviving. That's what you get when you let big brother control your life. If you want the money then do what they say. You can't have it both ways.

And yeah they might do that euthanasia thing. Again, if you don't like it then don't rely on their money.

personally, I don't care how poor i become i would NEVER accept a government hand out--much less live on it and not better myself.
edit on 13-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I dont know whats next, the government mandating abortions? euthanasia? where does this end?.

Sorry you can make your point without this massive slippery slope.

This is about keeping people alive not killing them.

I don't agree with it 100% by any means though. Need to learn more about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Did we revert back to the 1700's or something? Why don't parents do the right thing and vaccinate? Let's bring back leeches and mercury rubs to make them feel warm fuzzy and secure.

Too bad for the kids, they can't help they were born with ignorant parents.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
The childcare rebate is what a large number of working families rely on to survive--if that is taken away then you are creating an underclass.

Then do not have kids - no one is forcing you to have them. But do not expect the government to fund your silly lifestyle choice not to have your kids vaccinated.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

personally, I don't care how poor i become i would NEVER accept a government hand out--much less live on it and not better myself.

We have a whole class of people who rely solely on Govt. handouts in Australia , I am not putting people who for various medical or physical disabilities find holding down a job impossible or very difficult in with this group . Australians will know who i am talking about . Somehow i think these people will have no problem with vaccinations . Hell they will probably play the system and make money out of it .

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Here's an idea: don't have kids and expect the government to pay for them. YOU* pay for your kids.

Remember living at your parents house and they had rules like what you were responsible for doing around the house, what food was available to you, and when you could come and go? Did you grow up?

Then act like it. Take personal responsibility for your decisions.

*General "you" not specifically directed to any particular poster.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Non vaxers could always just be happy to not take our far to generous governments money!!

Maybe the aussie government could give the money they save to third would countries that would love to save their children from preventable illnesses!! I really don't see this as compulsory, there are ways around it. Unfortunately.

But wholly hell take something away people think they are entitled to, like money & watch the outcry. The government is not out to kill us, who would feed them if we were all dead? There is still going to be a choice right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

This was tried I NZ a while ago. If you don't vaccinate your kids no unemployment check. Didn't go down to well with the public so it was quickly and quietly shelved, all ready to be pulled out at another time.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: anogiant

Oh wauw, isn't that blackmailing?

I wrote an article about it. When you are vaccinated you can make people sick with a weak immune system. Also, there are cases of brain damage. The vaccines are not 100% clean, that's for sure. As parent, you have the right to refuse.

I call it, the modern holocaust

The chance of infecting someone else after a vaccination who is immunocompromised is very small.
The chance of infecting someone who's immunocompromised if you're not vaccinated is >90%

The chance of brain damage from a vaccination is less than a 1 in a million (it's actually even smaller than that, the "million" is used as a reference number).
The chance of brain damage from a vaccine preventable disease is around 1 in a thousand.

Parents should indeed have a choice however that choice should be based on sane and relevant information.
Not hysterical and disingenuous misinformation especially by simpletons who compare it to one of the worst horrors the world has even witnessed.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Personally I think anti-vaxxers need a reality check, or a history lesson at the very least.

It's easy to take for granted how nice it is to grow up in a society where child mortality rates are so low.

Just get the damn shots and be done with it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join