It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey's Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM Graduation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't expect you to give a whole thirty minutes on demand, but save this video and watch it when you get a chance. Whether you find him funny or not shouldn't stop you from hearing his message. I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thanks I'll watch this tonight.
edit on 13-4-2015 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I grew up loving Jim Carrey. He was one of my idols growing up, especially being a wanna-be comedian.
I always listened whenever he would speak, until I heard him say something horrible in a video. I can't remember where I found it, but it was right before he did the song mocking people who believe in gun rights. Now every time I try to find the video, all I can find is the mock music video. This is not verbatim, but it's close enough to get the point across.

Those who believe in the 2nd amendment right to own guns don't have a soul worth saving.

That struck a deep chord with me, because he was one of my idols, but I do believe in our 2nd amendment right. I don't own a gun, in fact, I hate guns. But I believe in everyone's rights to bear arms if they feel the need. So because of that, my soul isn't worth saving. :/

I also believe I'm a good man. I try to help where I can, I always try to make people smile when they're having a bad day. I stand up for people whenever I can. I'm no angel, but I try my best to be what I believe to be a good person. But because I believe in gun rights, I don't have a soul worth saving. :/

Ever since then, I stopped listening to everything he's said. :/ He doesn't have a voice worth listening to.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

join