It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Bigotry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Did you know Amen is term derived from the name of the Egyptian diety Amon?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Herolotus

did you know amon was from anu?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
"I am the Alpha and the Omega. The first and the last." - revelation 1:8

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Herolotus

To your points:

-I agree the factual evidence is irrelevant for Faith. But, it should not deter us from seeking the truth.

-The study of history is chalked full of half truths and lies. I agree with you on this point as well. However, given this assumption how can we prove that he did not exist? Garbage in = Garbage out... if your given information with half truths and lies how can you come to an honest conclusion that is conclusive?

-On your statement of needing to prove christ lived publically... I have to disagree! You are interjecting motive here and stating the sole fact that people want to acknowledge that he did actually live is a part of a nefarious effort to discredit other rather than for people to validate their own beliefs. I find the later to be more true.

Let us take a step out of the argument and look from the sidelines. I find it is when I do this that I am able to clearly see and understand more of what is going on... Thank you for the compliment and a journey it truly is. but that is what being a christian is about... A journey with God. Understanding the road ahead and having faith where you may not be able to see the path.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Herolotus

I can understand why you would shy away from trying to prove whether or not Jesus existed, but when you start calling people bigots for holding one belief system over another, you really need to back up your statements.

Am I a bigot for prefering Sprite over 7-Up?

There is compeling evidence that Jesus did exist and that all Bible prophecies leading up to the 70th Week came to pass. You simply have to ask God the right questions and stop pointing the finger. The funny thing about the Bible is that the proof comes after initial faith.

Its like what Jesus said to Thomas. 'You believe in be because you have seen, but blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe'.

The Bible is a self interpreting map of human history (past, present and future), but God only reveals its mysteries to those who learn the mind of Christ and apply those principles.

My words may sound foolish to you, but keep in mind that you do not know what has been revealed to me.

Are there bigots within Christianity? Yes, where there is a gathering of humans, there will be bigotry. However, if forgiveness is not mine to give, then judgement is not yours to pass against your fellow humans.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
"I am the Alpha and the Omega. The first and the last." - revelation 1:8

This has no bearing on the argument and is in fact a side bar from the topic at hand. The scriptures often use language that was adopted at the time and in the case for the Jews they did have a heavy influence on the Egyptian culture as well as the Egyptians on them. but this does not negate the veracity of their culture or beliefs nor does it mean they copied the Egyptians.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
who was the last pharaoh of egypt (the male, not the female)? he's your alpha and omega. however, he was earlier than narmer. narmer was nimrod, also known as enmerkar (akkadian). in fact, he predated written dynastic egypt which was post 3000 BC. pharaohs were copy cats of the original, who was the alpha, of the alpha and omega.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

cleopatra's son was named esu. cleo was called the last pharaoh but her son actually was the last pharaoh. when julius caesar was murdered, she sent esu off on the silk route to save his life from octavian, the roman who wished to be the only contender for the throne of the roman empire. at that point, esu was an inheritor to the throne of rome, the throne of egypt and (and this is the big kahuna), cleo was a ptolemy in king david's bloodline, so esu was also an inheritor of the throne of israel. my theory is that cleo didn't actually commit suicide but instead faked her own death and met esu in israel where they had relatives and where they would safely remain. i am not sure how joseph fits in, but i wouldn't be surprised if marc antony was joseph and also faked his death (in effect, they (him and cleo) pulled a fast one on octavian)

there's some argument he couldn't have been an inheritor to the throne of rome because julius caesar never married cleo, but it is a bit odd that octavian was given advice to get rid of him, as a contender for the throne. then it says octavian supposedly strangled him (in one account) and in another account, his men killed him along the road to ethiopia. i think that was damage control, when he realized cleo, esu and marc had escaped, he covered it up, cause esu was sent to india, not ethiopia.
edit on 13-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

OMG, Did you just finish watching that propaganda Zeitgeist movie or something. That is BS, here is the deal:

The word amen simply means, so be it or I agree. The etymology of
the word goes all the way back to ancient Hebrew. It comes from the
Hebrew word aman, which means to strengthen or confirm. The word passed
from the Hebrew, to the Greek, to the Latin, into Old English. It has
carried religious connotations for a very long time.

By coincidence, one of the gods of ancient Egyptian religion was
Amen-Ra, or Amen or Ra. During the time of Amenhotep, Amen-Ra was briefly
worshipped as the single god of Egypt. There is absolutely no connection
between the word amen and Egyptian religion. If anyone has tried to make
that connection and cast aspersions on the use of amen in Christian
worship, they are mistaken and ought to do better research before making
such a claim.

Now your just throwing feces out. Care to bring out the Crusades or some witch burning next?
edit on 13-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

Thank you for a very well written response!

I think perhaps I was not clear enough however - my issue is with bad research supporting a bad motive. I do not seek to define any spritiual experience or behavior, but rather to point out the corrupt way in which others try and use something I hold very dear, the Truth and any attempt made at it's discovery, in order to push an agenda that is pointed at harming another.

My points more clearly are as follows -
- Christianity does not require the proclaimed historical fact of Jesus to be vaild and strong internally or externally.
- The study of history is tricky and complicated, and is like wading through a sea of lies. What appears to be stated clearly and plainly may not actually be the case when cultural, historical, and personal context are considered.
- The need to prove the publicly the existence of Jesus is closely tied to the desire to see other religions and systems of faith vanish in favor of Christianity. This is terrible, in my opinion. It is an opinion, but I hope it is a considerate one.

Thanks again, I like your confidence, and it sounds like you had a journey getting there. I look forward to seeing more.

Actually, most Christians do require proclaimed historical fact. Any time we are presented with any historical fact of His life, we are more than happy. We do pay attention to history. But here is the secret, we also know that Jesus is alive right now.

As to the second point, we do not only rely solely on the Bible for historicity, that is why we are comfortable with all scholarship. Maybe you are thinking of some Christians who do not want to think?

The third point, maybe some Christians do, but most Christians are not in favor of doing away with other religions. We know that there have always been other religions and always will be other religions.

Perhaps maybe you know of a few Christians who don't really want to think or to research or to find out things, in that case, then some of your criticism is warranted. But there are those of us in Christendom who really do a lot of work and research, not only our religion but others as well.

I can right now tell you the faith systems of the Vedic Age, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Judaism, Mayan and Polynesian religions. I find no conflict with their accounts of God and Creation, because they are all too similar. Well, Islam is late in the game and Christianity came from Judaism. But the Rig Vedas, the Prayer to Shamash, the Polynesian account and the Mayan Quetzlcoatl and Creation, along with the various Native American beliefs, all have similar origin. And the final end, it is recorded not only in our Book of Revelation but found also in the Shambhalla's Rudrick and the Norse Ragnarok. And also the Temple of Seti has the depiction of a war with modern technology.

I believe they all knew the same thing, they all told the beginning and the end the same way. So there is no conflict with what I believe.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

if you follow my research, i can prove he was not only alive, but that he was also exactly who he said he was

i stumbled on this, while researching a christian scholar who thought some of the patriarchs of the old testament were pharaohs.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

if you follow my research, i can prove he was not only alive, but that he was also exactly who he said he was

i stumbled on this, while researching a christian scholar who thought some of the patriarchs of the old testament were pharaohs.

Oh, no problem there. I don't need any convincing.

I am watching everything come to pass before my very eyes. If there was any doubts, the events of the last few years have squashed any lingering doubts completely.

I know what is supposed to happen, I wouldn't have ever believed it would happen in my lifetime, Now I am now watching it all come true.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
this video pretty much cinches it:

there was 200 years during which biblical patriarchs were pharaohs of egypt, at the very least. they were called the hyksos shepherd kings.

here they are migrating into egypt during the time of joseph

and here is pharaoh AHMOSE (who moses was named after) chasing them out of egypt (the exodus). look at the water. it's full of chariots and guys wearing multicolored robes. this is the egyptian version of the exodus hehe

and here's a vid that elaborates on it

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Even the Sanhedrin recorded it and the Jews kept those records. And Josephus was born only three years after the crucifixion. His father was in the Sanhedrin.

So no one could say Josephus was not a contemporary, he was actually a contemporary of Peter and Paul and many of the same people in the Book of Acts are in Antiquities of the Jews. If you read it, he even mentions Paul as Saulus, and says the things that Saulus did, the same as what Pauls says he did when he was still called Saul.

But Ananias, Peter, James, Paul, Bernice and all the other people associated, even Theophilus is mentioned. It was really amazing to read all these familiar names. But Josephus could have had political reasons to not mention anything about Jesus, because his father was in the same Sanhedrin that tried Jesus and James, and his mother was in the Hasmonean Dynasty, making him a relative to Herod. I don't think that Josephus would mention all of those names and agendas and then some later Christian insert Jesus, because the names in the book are the same as the Bible's Book of Acts.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

this video pretty much cinches it:

there was 200 years during which biblical patriarchs were pharaohs of egypt, at the very least. they were called the hyksos shepherd kings.

here they are migrating into egypt during the time of joseph

and here is pharaoh AHMOSE (who moses was named after) chasing them out of egypt (the exodus). look at the water. it's full of chariots and guys wearing multicolored robes. this is the egyptian version of the exodus hehe

and here's a vid that elaborates on it

I have heard that some scholars believe that Joseph was Imhotep. We know that Joseph means "addition or adds to". Imhotep means "he comes in peace" and the name Joseph was given was Zaphathanea, which means "the savior of his people".

Isn't it interesting that even as people say Joseph (In Aramaic, it is Yosep), was a type of Christ, a foreshadowing of Christ to come, that in the three names, it is "He will add, he comes in peace, the savior of his people"

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

it's fascinating! the crocodile oil was the one that got me. check this out

The New Testament Greek words for anoint is “Chrio” which means “to smear or rub with oil ” . The annointing of priest-kings dates back to ancient Egyptian traditions. The interesting thing is the oil which was used in Egypt came from crocodiles which were called "Messeh", hence the word "Messiah" or "Annointed king" came out to be . According to one account, Pharaoh’s bride was required to anoint him, before their marriage, with oil drawn from fat of the holy and deified crocodile (messeh)[ Sir Laurence Gardner, “The Hidden History of Jesus and the Holy Grail].

now i know mr. gardner is not always the best source, but if he's right, that may be what king david was anointed with as well. which means, yeahhh you guessed it, he was a pharaoh. if so, i gotta do some brain work and see if i can trace him from the date of the hyksos expulsion, then i'll know what pharaoh he was. may have been around the time of siamun, since it means the same thing as solomon and that would make david, whoever siamun's father was......theoretically, of course.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

it's fascinating! the crocodile oil was the one that got me. check this out

The New Testament Greek words for anoint is “Chrio” which means “to smear or rub with oil ” . The annointing of priest-kings dates back to ancient Egyptian traditions. The interesting thing is the oil which was used in Egypt came from crocodiles which were called "Messeh", hence the word "Messiah" or "Annointed king" came out to be . According to one account, Pharaoh’s bride was required to anoint him, before their marriage, with oil drawn from fat of the holy and deified crocodile (messeh)[ Sir Laurence Gardner, “The Hidden History of Jesus and the Holy Grail].

now i know mr. gardner is not always the best source, but if he's right, that maybe what king david was anointed with as well. which means, yeahhh you guessed it, he was a pharaoh. if so, i gotta do some brain work and see if i can trace him from the date of the hyksos expulsion, then i'll know what pharaoh he was. may have been around the time of siamun, since it means the same thing as solomon and that would make david, whoever siamun's father was......theoretically, of course.

Actually, it was olive oil. Samuel anointed with olive oil in the tradition that went back to anointing Aaron's head.

David WAS married to the daughter of a Pharaoh though.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

ok. interesting. will look that up and the etymology of it, as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
k here's a list of the times where the name samuel and anointed, are mentioned in the same verse. and the strong's numbers are next to the words that have a hebrew/chaldean/aramaic from which they were translated. you can click on them. i don't see olive oil being mentioned in the verses, only the word "oil", which is translated from the word "shemen" meaning "fat, oil". olive oil is listed as one possible source of the fat/oil, but it isn't specifically called olive oil in the verses. do you know which verse says it was olive oil?

click the link
samuel anointed

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Oh, a Simchi Jacobivici video.

Nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join