It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus as an archetype for consciousness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I do not know if a man named Jesus roamed the Judean country side preaching a gospel during the early part of the first century (and I'm not really sure it matters to be honest), but what I do know is that what he represents is within all of us. He is an archetype for what we are as conscious beings. He represents light and the image of God, he is the Word made flesh, as are we all. To become Christ-like is to truly know yourself and what you truly are: existence playing out from infinite viewpoints.

What is it that you see right now? Not your computer/phone, but the thing that gives rise to your computer/phone. What you see is an image of light, the image that constitutes your vision and that image is full of light. Do not focus on what the light reveals but focus on the light itself, what you see right now is the light of the world, you are shining your light onto the world as you read this.

One of the main arguments that Christians use to support Jesus being THE Son of God is John 3:16, John calls Jesus the "only begotten Son". What does John mean by this? I do not think he means Jesus the man, flesh and blood, is the "only" Son of God, I believe he is referring to the image of God that we all share. There is only one image, it is the "only begotten" image. When you and I look at the moon, do we not see the same image? We all share the ONE image of light, and we are all created in that image, the image of God.

John 8
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

Jesus is the light of the world, as are you. The "light of the world" is a reference to the image that you bear, you are the light bearer, a.k.a. Lucifer. Lucifer is not evil, he is the light bringer. You bear the light by seeing the image of light. If you follow your light, you will never walk in darkness but will be filled with the light of life. You are the light of life because you are life itself.

Matthew 5
14 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

YOU are the light of the world, Jesus gives us the attributes he gave himself. We are on equal ground with Jesus in this respect.

John 12
45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

John 14
9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

The one who has seen the light and image of God (Jesus) has seen the Father. You see it right now, you see "Jesus" as you read this. Not the man but the archetype that Jesus represents.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

The light of the body is the single eye, the light that reveals your body is the image of light you see right now. The image you see is the light of the body (and also the world). If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light. Do you see the single eye? It is the image (light) that your two eyes create, it is sometimes called the "third eye". It resides within the mind, which is also why it is called the "mind's eye" as well.

John 14
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

When you realize that we are all ONE, you will realize that I am in you and you are in me and that we are all within the Father. When I look at you and you look at me our bodies (outward representations) are created "within" the mind of each other. The image we see is created within the mind, hence "I am in you and you are in me".

John 8
58 "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

I AM! This is a reference to consciousness, the thing that gives rise to the thought that "I am". Consciousness is what gives rise to the image of God that we are created in and that we also bear. We are the "I am" that Jesus refers to himself as, we are the light of life: consciousness.

John 1
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Colossians 1
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Through the image that you see all things are made, you as the observer "create" the world through your perception. The double-slit experiment proves this. Without the image there is nothing that has been made, there is only darkness. The image is before all things and within the image you see, all things are held together.

Jesus may have been a real person, but he certainly did not perform the miracles attributed to him within the pages of the bible. Whether he was a real person doesn't matter though, what matters are the words that he supposedly spoke, they are truth. When Jesus spoke of himself he was by extension speaking about all of us. He is an archetype for the image of light that you bear, and that image is the light of the world. There is only ONE image (only begotten), but we all bear different viewpoints within it.

Jesus represents what we all are on a fundamental level. Jesus was no better or more important than any one of us. Men with agendas to blind us to our true nature are the ones who raised Jesus on a pedestal that cannot be reached, we can all reach "Christ-consciousness", all it takes is a bit of insight. With a little insight you can come to know yourself, and to know yourself is to know Jesus personally.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If Jesus' words were already in all of us, and we already are naturally the light of the world, then why did He need to teach it? Maybe He really did mean that He is the only begotten Son of God. Jesus isnt an archetype, He is the Christ.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Because even people in the first century were being blinded by religion. Why does anything need to be taught in that case? A heart surgeon has a heart, but does that mean he understood how it worked before he learned about it? Jesus was a teacher for sure, but most do not hear what he says because others who came after twisted his words.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because even people in the first century were being blinded by religion. Why does anything need to be taught in that case? A heart surgeon has a heart, but does that mean he understood how it worked before he learned about it? Jesus was a teacher for sure, but most do not hear what he says because others who came after twisted his words.

Yup. The Pharisees who believed in the old testament/torah, who considered Jesus as evil and blasphemous.

I like that analogy you used about the heart and the heart surgeon. We have Light within, but some of us don't shine it until we are reminded.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Or, a simpler answer, per the Pentateuch; Jesus is the incarnation of Yehwah-Elohim, who is the Ancient of Ages, and He came to clean up man's mess caused by the Knowledge of Good and Evil. This is why man had to be taught the way of salvation, because man is inherently lacking in divine righteousness. Jesus hit the mark for all of us mark missers and took our penalty so that His Divine Righteousness could take the place of our Nature of Good and Evil.

What is the Knowledge of Good and Evil? They are the two sides of the same coin...arrogance. One man's good is another's evil and vice versa. Divine Righteousness is not self-centered and it is not something a fallen being can attain without attonement.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Knowing good and evil is awareness to follow God (The Good) and treat others as you would like to be treated.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Or, a simpler answer, per the Pentateuch; Jesus is the incarnation of Yehwah-Elohim, who is the Ancient of Ages

As are we all.

The only thing that causes someone to "fall" is this corrupt world we have been born into. Just because you fall doesn't mean you can't rise again though. Babies are not fallen, they are pure, only when they are indoctrinated into the ways of this world do they become fallen. And yes, Jesus being a sin sacrifice is a teaching of this fallen world.

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect", how is this done? By loving others and God. If you believe perfection is unattainable that is only because that is what this world has taught you.

Perfection is attainable, all it takes is unconditional love for others. Love fulfils the law and prophets. If you forgive others then God forgives your sins. No sacrifice needed.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

No. Knowing good and evil causes one to produce good works to justify themselves, and commit evil deeds against those who challenge them. Both are a result of arrogance. The Righteousness of God is not self centered and does not result in evil.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Jesus was no better or more important than any one of us.

Good Lord! You just quoted Jesus many many times to support your interesting point, and then you end it by saying this?

Jesus was a great spiritual master who was very rare in that he actually initiated disciples into the God-Light Above. How can you justify this statement of yours - other than in some general, deluded, new-age manner?

I did like your selection of quotes though from Jesus, but you should show more respect for this true and great master - especially if you are going to quote him this much!

edit on 4/12/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

How was that showing disrespect in any way? To say Jesus was no more important or better than any of us is not to disrespect him. Not sure how you came to that conclusion honestly. Jesus is not on a pedestal. He was a great teacher yes, but better than anyone else and more important? Hardly. We're all important and EQUAL. How exactly was what I said disrespectful?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well if you actually think you are equal to this great spiritual master, I probably don't have to say more. It should be obvious.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry if my view that everyone is equal somehow offends you. Jesus seemed to think the same.

John 17
22 "I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.

Those who understand what Jesus taught have the same glory that his (our) Father gave him, meaning we become equal, a.k.a. "one", with him and the Father.

John 14
12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Equality. To raise Jesus onto a pedestal is to lower yourself.
edit on 4/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry if my view that everyone is equal somehow offends you. Jesus seemed to think the same.

You are not offending me, and I hope my saying that some of what you are saying is bs doesn't offend you!

Those who understand what Jesus taught have the same glory that his (our) Father gave him, meaning we become equal, a.k.a. "one", with him and the Father.

Ultimately, yes, there is only consciousness. However, ultimately, there is also NO you and I and Jesus as separate entities. There is ONLY God. However, to take this and start talking as though you have fully and completely realized this is just kidding yourself, if you are still talking about being equal to this and that master.

This is a GREAT realization - not just based on some insight into the unity of existence.

It is not a question of equality - what is equal? YOU don't exist in that realization, and that statement wouldn't arise that you are equal to Jesus. Before that fullest realization, this kind of talk tends to be just the ego wanting to puff itself up.

Again, being one is not the same as being equal. The latter implies separation, the former does not.

Equality. To raise Jesus onto a pedestal is to lower yourself.

If you truly recognized Real God, your head would be on the floor in devotional gratitude. But westerners have great difficulty with this surrender - we want to take heaven by storm with some kind of insight and then blah, blah, blah about it.

Believe me, I recognize these tendencies in myself too. It is just more ignorance in the face of the actual reality we appear in. We finally surrender to the great reality in death, but one shouldn't wait that long to learn the secret of true surrender.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yet you are separating yourself from Jesus by saying you are less than him. How is me saying I am equal to him any different than you saying you are less than him? Both imply separation according to your reasoning. If there is only God and consciousness then how can any one be greater or lesser than another? All is one, there is no separation, yet you say Jesus can not be equaled... because that implies separation, even though being less than him is separation in itself as well.

We are one with Jesus, he is in us and we in him. We are no lesser or greater than he is.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Can you prove that?

Can you prove that people then were blinded by religion, because it seems to me there were quite a lot of religions in the world then, as there are now.

Hinduism, yep, already existed. Buddhism, yep, also existed. Also, Khemetic religion, Roman and Greek Paganism, Zoroastrianism...why is it that of all those religions in the world at that time, only one had a messiah that they called the only begotten of the father?

Only one. You can't say that they were all blinded by religion, not all of them heard Jesus teach and not all of them believed, because the Romans were so not blinded by religion that they threw Christians to the lions and persecuted them.

Tell us, when it comes to blind fanaticism, do you think the Romans in all their glory didn't just get a little carried away? Or could it be that it is not blind fanaticism when it comes to religious systems that are not Judeo/Christian? You tell me, but then again, what did King Asoka say when he looked around the battle field to see the many dead people, all from a Hindu war.

No, blind fanaticism is only placed on Judeo/Christianity, because it is too inconvenient to look at all those other religions that practiced gnostic and esoteric teachings, and see how blind they were and yet said the same thing you did.

Who was blinded by religion? Can you prove that blind fanaticism was in Israel? Certainly not, and several emperors come to mind, who were so blinded by their own godhood that they had innocent people killed, for their gods they drank to, sacrificed to and otherwise penalized for being something else than worshipers of the godmen of Rome, Greece and Egypt.

Your gnostic ideas, straight out of Greek and Roman paganism, of the multiplicity of gods and idols and men who thought they were gods.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

What do you mean can I prove it? It's quite obvious and proves itself. You believe all religions but yours blinds people. Can YOU prove it?

Buddhism is not a religion.

Yes, Hinduism, paganism, etc. all blinded (and still do for the most part) their followers to the truth, so your assumption that only the Judeo/Christian religion is seen as blind fanaticism is wrong. Religion means "to bind" etymologically, so in that sense ALL religions bind/blind it's followers.

You do know that after Rome legalized Christianity and promoted Jesus as being the "only begotten" they began throwing those who refused to convert to the lions too right? They weren't any different than before they started promoting Christianity. That should call into question their motives for promoting it I would think, but then again I've woken up to the lie. Christianity wasn't the only belief system that Rome persecuted, they persecuted anyone they could conquer regardless of religion. Does that persecution somehow validate those other religions beliefs as you seem to think it does with Christianity?

Christianity is of this world and has been promoted by the rulers of this world. To deny that is to deny history. Jesus said he was not of this world, so why do you believe in teachings of this world?
edit on 4/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

If Jesus' teachings were not of this world (and they were not), then neither is Christianity, since it is established on the teachings of Christ. Why do you spend so much time trying to separate Christianity from Jesus, when He specifically appointed desciples to spread His word? Your logic is very fragmented.

And BTW, Buddhism is very much a religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Christianity is based on Paul's teachings more than Jesus'.

Jesus' teachings were not of this world which is why the Pharisees called him a blasphemer, they shut the door on people just as modern Christianity and Paul (a Pharisee) does to its believers.

If Jesus is the basis for Christianity then why is Paul, a middle man, even needed? Why didn't Jesus complete his message before he died? Why did he have to have a man write over half of the NT for him instead of ending it with his words alone? Were Jesus' words not enough on their own?

And no, Buddhism does not promote a creator God. The definition of religion is belief and devotion to a supernatural God. Buddhism is a philosophy not a religion.
edit on 4/13/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Paul's teachings were reflected in all of the other Apostolic epistles because they were founded on Christ's teachings. Jesus didnt come to complete the cannon of scripture, He came to attone for our sins. He charged His disciples with spreading His word.

Buddhism offers a pathway to "enlightenment" in the afterlife via works, its a religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

a reply to: WarminIndy

What do you mean can I prove it? It's quite obvious and proves itself. You believe all religions but yours blinds people. Can YOU prove it?

Buddhism is not a religion.

Yes, Hinduism, paganism, etc. all blinded (and still do for the most part) their followers to the truth, so your assumption that only the Judeo/Christian religion is seen as blind fanaticism is wrong. Religion means "to bind" etymologically, so in that sense ALL religions bind/blind it's followers.

You do know that after Rome legalized Christianity and promoted Jesus as being the "only begotten" they began throwing those who refused to convert to the lions too right? They weren't any different than before they started promoting Christianity. That should call into question their motives for promoting it I would think, but then again I've woken up to the lie. Christianity wasn't the only belief system that Rome persecuted, they persecuted anyone they could conquer regardless of religion. Does that persecution somehow validate those other religions beliefs as you seem to think it does with Christianity?

Christianity is of this world and has been promoted by the rulers of this world. To deny that is to deny history. Jesus said he was not of this world, so why do you believe in teachings of this world?

When exactly did Christianity become the state religion?

And you do realize, right, that Roman Catholicism was not the only Christian church? There was Greek Orthodox, Byzantine (which Constantine's mother was), Coptic Christianity and Orthodox Ethiopian Christianity. Each of those were founded the same time and have their own canon, holy days and patriarchs.

You are referring to only one, Roman Catholicism, but maybe you didn't know about the other churches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join