It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Islamic State group destroys ancient ruins of Nimrud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I wonder if the pyramids and sphinx are on their hit list, as well?

They are...

So is Mecca...

These guys are unreal!

They would be biting off far more than they could chew. Egypt's armed forces would flatten ISIS in battle. They have only proven successful against a toothless Iraqi army and a weakened Syrian force which still holds them off. And if anyone thinks Saudi Arabia would allow them to destroy Mecca, they are mental.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

I agree, but they do appear devilish enough to try.

& if it suited Saudi advancement I don't know if they'd defend Mecca to be honest.
I'm torn on that.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree, but they do appear devilish enough to try.

& if it suited Saudi advancement I don't know if they'd defend Mecca to be honest.
I'm torn on that.

Saudi Arabia is a tough nut to crack. On one hand they they support ISIS and on the other the carry out air strikes against them. I think the global backlash from the world's 1+ billion Muslims if they didn't defend either Mecca or Medina from ISIS would be more than they would want to deal with. Who knows though?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
barbarians

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Why havnt the UN sent in troops or aerial bombardment of these cretins why do they get special treatment of being allowed to do whatever the # they want and any holy site / monuments are fair game to these fools napalm would be a nice way for some of them to go even though they deserve the same justice they carry out on everyone else..

Because they are being used as a political tool.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Outrage of monument destruction seems to be chic this spring...

I feel worse for the little boy who had his brains splattered by Shiite militia after being accused of fighting for ISIS...

Oh you didn't hear that story...

Why would you, it's only ISIS.

ISIS is the new boogie man. The "true Islam", according to some just like how Al-Qaeda was the " true Islam" and had the spotlight for a while until BINladen was buried at sea in an " Islamic way".

I'm sure we'll have another terror group with a fancy name who'll take the spotlight once Al-BAGhdadi is buried in space in an Islamic way so the lies and propaganda can continue.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Without Saudi Arabia, there would be no Wahabism, ISIS, Alqaeda, Saudi Bin Laden or 9/11.

To top it off, Saudis have already destroyed Mecca. It resembles nothing like a holy place any more. Just Rolex stores, McDonalds, KFC, skyscrapers and 5 star hotels with an indoor swimming pool and flipping Gucci stores.

This isn't Dubai, it's a holy place.You're there to worship. If I wanted a luxury apartment and shop for expensive brands, Mecca would be the last place I'd go.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hotel1
Just normal behaviour. Doesn't anyone remember what the white limestone that was stolen from the great pyramid was used to build?

www.todayifoundout.com...

So what happened to these casing stones? Many of them were cut loose and carried off to be used on various other structures, such as when Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan used the polished stones from the Great Pyramid in building mosques in Cairo, some of which are still standing with these stones still intact.

Fortunately, there are still some treasures still to be found:

"Imhotep was officially the “Chancellor of the King of Egypt, Doctor, First in line after the King of Upper Egypt, Administrator of the Great Palace, Hereditary nobleman, High Priest of Heliopolis, Builder, Chief Carpenter, Chief Sculptor, and Maker of Vases in Chief…” He was also a well thought of poet and philosopher of his day, all combined making him one of the most prolific polymaths in history. All this earned Imhotep the privilege of becoming one of the very few commoners to be given divine status after he died. He eventually became the god of medicine and healing.
Imhotep also designed his own tomb, which to date has still not been found as it was well hidden on construction."

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: hotel1
Just normal behaviour. Doesn't anyone remember what the white limestone that was stolen from the great pyramid was used to build?

www.todayifoundout.com...

So what happened to these casing stones? Many of them were cut loose and carried off to be used on various other structures, such as when Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan used the polished stones from the Great Pyramid in building mosques in Cairo, some of which are still standing with these stones still intact.

That was exactly my point

edit on 13-4-2015 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2015 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I would like to chime in an ask if any one can verify this statement made in the description above. As my video skills are very lacking and I am on a mobile phone.

Some of the figures in the video released Saturday at Nimrud appeared to have rebar, ribbed bars of steels designed to reinforce concrete that are a technique of modern building. An Iraqi Antiquities Ministry official, speaking Sunday on condition of anonymity as he wasn't authorized to talk to journalists, said all the items at Nimrud were authentic.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostemloc

I am wondering the very same thing. Just how legitimate are many of the many monuments and how many were 'restored' like Stonehenge? Archeological and zoological fakery was a big business during the Victorian era, so would it be a stretch of the imagination to see it done on a grander scale?

I've believed for some time that many of the historical monuments in the ME have been significantly doctored, or outright rebuilt to garner the attention of tourists and inevitably tourism dollars. Let's be honest, most wouldn't pay thousands just to see rubble.

I'd also wager that once this ISIS #storm passes we will hear about some 'new and shocking' discovery of priceless monuments and sculptures, just ripe for paying patrons to ogle.

A sidenote, one person in particular, Zahi Hawass, the Minister of Egyptian Antiquities has been less than forthcoming on nearly every topic and acts as Egypt's Heimdall, much like many of his predecessors.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A life is more important than any material history or material object. And we've lost to many beautiful innocent lives they want to chase pavement and break brick walls I don't care about their concrete rage I care about their human hatred their desire to execute the weak and conquered in strange and unusual ways. They need to be slaughtered to the very end no quarter.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 44MAGRED
Who is getting rich in the IsIs conflict?

Read kings in the bible. Kings have been Destroying Artifacs in ages past, Burning down Pagan groves
He destroyed temples in high places. Than what happened to the golden calf,Melted and drank .

And they also raped women and children...

Old Testament/Judeo teachings in the Bible are very similar to Islam. Judaism and Islam is the cancer of the world today.

Judaism descended from Pharisee and Jesus warned against them or their "yeast" which is Judaism and Islam.

Also don't forget that Saudi also destroys its own historical sites that has nothing to do with Wahhabist/Salafist Islam.

Historically, few centuries ago, the Saudis DID THE VERY SAME THING the ISIS are doing today!!!
edit on 10-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join