It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCW holster?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The wife and I are about to pack up and move to Arizona! Great news about that is AZ is a constitutional carry state.

I have a Sig SP2022 and want to carry it when I can. I already own a Blackhawk Serpa holster, but would like to get a holster with less of a footprint and one that will be comfortable to wear.

I have looked into a lot of different holsters, but I don't feel like dropping $50-100 on something that I won't use because I don't end up liking it.

Any and all input is appreciated.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've spent hundreds over the years for a holster. This is what I use all the time now.
www.remoraholsterstore.com...

Easy to take off and put on, wedges in the car nicely between seat and console.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ArcAngel

Looking at the video attached to your link it seems to stay pretty snug even without clips. Do you find it sliding around at all after hours of wear?

Also does that holster come in different sizes? Not sure if mine would be as snug and the trigger totally covered with the holster shown in the video.

Thanks for the post!

*Quick google search shows there are different sizes.
edit on AMSun, 12 Apr 2015 09:37:01 -050042015Sunday1272015415 by ArnoldNonymous because: Add to post

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding me with this post, just bought 2 more. They are 1/2 off today.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
they are snug always, it's the coating on the outside. Get it with the reinforced top and sweat shield.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I also wear an IWB (In Waist Band) holster. Keeps your pistol as close to your body as you can get, leaving minimal shirt protrusion.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yeah, I am planning on going with iwb. The Blackhawk is owb which is why it prints so much. That one is really for open carry and while at the range.

Any suggestions on an iwb holster?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yep, there's only one choice in my mind and it's a crossbreed super tuck. I don't use it much as I have to wear pants 2 sizes up. I'm thin, so they become baggy and look horrible (like i'm carrying a gun horrible, not fashion) unless I wear 5.11 cargo pants. That's why I love Remora, it slips between waistband and me, I can remove quickly when I get in the car, I can put at 4 o'clock position or small of back. If I want to carry under a t-shirt in the summer while bike riding, hiking etc. I'll use a kangaroo holster or a crown (OTW) holster. Or a 5.11 pouch. Mostly remora though.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous If you ever decide on a pocket pistol, the Desantis Nemesis works well as do some others of similar construction. It will go in a pocket or IWB. It has a rubbery outside and a sateen inside and doesn't move around but will allow ready access to the pistol. Your Sig is a large pistol and will not hide as easily as a Kahr CM9, for example. You can get a pocket magazine holder for it www.desantisholster.com... that has the same construction.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My everyday IWB. Fits Glock 19 9 mm or they have them for what ever you carry. Very comfortable, soft on the inside next to your body and weighs almost nothing. Easy to conceal with a shirt tail or coat and keeps the weapon so snug you can run, wrestle and even turn it upside down with no worries. About $40.

www.n82tactical.com...

edit on 12-4-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Try oldfaithfulholsters.com. 30 day money back guarantee, kydex holder, with slight modification, can be both inside and outside the waistband, lots of models supported and they have a kit that you can customize for any handgun. I own two of these.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I am a big fan of Desantis as their quality is great (and they are a customer of ours).

Everything is handmade here in the United States and their service and selection is great.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArcAngel
I've spent hundreds over the years for a holster. This is what I use all the time now.
www.remoraholsterstore.com...

Easy to take off and put on, wedges in the car nicely between seat and console.

I agree... It is surprising how well it stays in place and you can carry CCW under a tee shirt.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Appreciate all the input so far. Never even heard a couple of these companies, so I'm glad I decided to bring this question to ATS.

Desantis looks similar to Galco (for the leather holsters at least). I definitely like the idea of a leather holster.

Old Faithful seems to be going out on a limb with their 30 day guarantee. If you don't like it they will refund your money and keep the holster? I guess that shows how much confidence they have in their holsters.

I also like the idea of the remora, having the ability to change carry positions whenever you fancy.

It will still be at least another month before we sell our place and move out to Az so I still have time to decide.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you want really good answers to this question, do a Google search and look at the gun forums. Some of us have boxes full of no-longer-used holsters to back up our opinion.

Raven Concealment, Crossbreed, Stealth Gear, etc. etc. Several companies make good holsters. Like most things in the gun world, it comes down to personal preference and how the particular holster fits your body.

Once you move to AZ, you should have no trouble finding a shop that has several brands for you to "try on" to see which you like best. I would avoid Galco. The only leather IWB holster I've ever really liked is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 but I've gone away from leather for IWB carry.
edit on 4/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Done a lot of searches on Google. There are so many holsters on the market I wasn't sure where to start. I've definitely heard of Crossbreed and Raven.

In terms of no longer using leather for iwb, do you find it gathers sweat too much or is just not as comfortable?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: Answer

Done a lot of searches on Google. There are so many holsters on the market I wasn't sure where to start. I've definitely heard of Crossbreed and Raven.

In terms of no longer using leather for iwb, do you find it gathers sweat too much or is just not as comfortable?

Both. It's also bulkier than kydex.

I'm not a big fan of IWB carry anymore because of the discomfort and awkwardness of the draw. I prefer to carry OWB and dress accordingly. If I'm in a tucked-shirt scenario, I switch to pocket carrying a smaller handgun. I'd rather have a smaller handgun that's easy to draw versus a mid or full size handgun that is uncomfortable and hard to get to. I only carry 9mm or 38+P so I'm not compromising by going to a smaller platform.

I've witnessed a lot of very sloppy attempts to draw from concealment during training, especially with IWB and the dumbest method: ankle carry. Most people can't draw their concealed handgun well during a no-stress training scenario... much less the real deal. Keep it very simple. If it's the least bit awkward, it's going to become very difficult in a high-stress situation and real life never happens like you think it will. My favorite is watching people fumble around during carjacking scenarios because they never bothered to practice drawing while seated and belted-into an automobile.
edit on 4/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Enjoy your trip to Arizona!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anogiant

Not a trip. Moving down there! Got a new job with Raytheon Missile Systems. But we will definitely enjoy being down there.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

There's a pretty good video at this link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like Galco for IWB and shoulder carry. My son bought me a Blackhawk last time I visited. I really like that setup too.

Sometimes though ... it's the belt.

-Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join