It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estonia President Toomas Ilves seeks permanent Nato force

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What NATO actions.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

by the way 40000 troops is nothing Russia has over 3 million counting reserves.

If those 40,000 Russians were doing "maneuvers" on the Canadian border with US with armor, gunships and attack aircraft, you'd be having fits.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What NATO actions.

What, I dunno see no NATO. Just Russians. They're the enemy, right?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

We are discussing the Estonian request for a permanent placement of Nato in the country, the threats to Estonia, the likely political course etc.

Wait, so Estonia is being occupied by NATO forces. I thought NATO isn't encroaching anywhere? I wish you guys would make up your minds.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What NATO actions.

You made the claim now back it up.

What Nato actions?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Is the Estonian president getting bought off by foreign interests to sell his country down the road?

Where is he from anyway?

Oh, he was raised in New Jersey of all places.

He grew up in the United States in Leonia, New Jersey and graduated from Leonia High School in 1972 as valedictorian.[4] He received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Columbia University in 1976 and a master's degree in the same subject from the University of Pennsylvania in 1978.

Link

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

by the way 40000 troops is nothing Russia has over 3 million counting reserves.

If those 40,000 Russians were doing "maneuvers" on the Canadian border with US with armor, gunships and attack aircraft, you'd be having fits.

Nope Mexico has maneuvers on the US border all the time same with Canada.So no if Russians want to have 40000 troops on maneuver near Alaska which they have done no big deal. A country who knows their military can handle a threat doesnt worry about exercises. And Even Putin knows they are no threat to Russia he just needs to play it up to get people to believe hes protecting Russia instead of lining his pockets. The exercise only had one purpose show Russia that NATO members could have boots on the ground within 48hrs. Its all part of the new NATO strike force they have about 5000 on immediate standby meaning hours with another 30000 to arrive within 48 hrs. They will be drilling this alot with the increased threat presented by Russia. There job would be to maintain a foothold in a country being invaded so they dont have to take back territory to start shipping in troops.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What NATO actions.

What Nato actions?

All of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

f Russians want to have 40000 troops on maneuver near Alaska

No I meant the Canadian border, not "Alaska". Nice switch.

Pointless to argue with warmongers. They 'see' only what they want you to.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

f Russians want to have 40000 troops on maneuver near Alaska

No I meant the Canadian border, not "Alaska". Nice switch.

Only pointless when your clueless about NATO and how it works. If you think NATO is a threat to Russia by all means prove your point. But in order for you to do so it might be helpful for you to realize how NATO works and what it is. As i said earlier Nato has no first strike capabilities unles all countries agree to do so. And if comes to that we would know long before. Its not going to be easy to hide a deployment on the scale that would involve. Could you imagine 28 countries moving troops to the Russian border think they might notice that by chance??? See there is a major flaw in NATO is the enemy because its just not one country or one military. Do you think you could ever get 28 countries to agree to attack Russia i dont.

So whats that mean for Russia simple stay in your sandbox play with your own toys and youll be fine. If world war to break out it would have to be Russia to pull the trigger by invading a NATO member. Again unlikely scenario Putin may be crazy but i dont think hes that crazy.

PS its ok i understand its tough when you find out what you thought were true is lies. Stay off the anti NATO websites they have an agenda and many our sponsored by PUTIN.
edit on 4/13/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

PS its ok i understand its tough when you find out what you thought were true is lies.

Russia defends its borders within its borders.

The lairs are the ones making Russia out be the enemy, all the while "moving in" on their border (like NATO in Estonia).

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What NATO actions.

What Nato actions?

All of them.

Name your examples.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

and yet Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine and illegally occupies their territory while threatening the Baltic nations, Poland, the Netherlands, Georgia, etc etc.. Not to mention their constant reminder they have nukes and will use them.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

PS its ok i understand its tough when you find out what you thought were true is lies.

The lairs are the ones making Russia out be the enemy, all the while "moving in" on their border (like NATO in Estonia).

And once again Putin fans are worried about borders as long as Russia gets a free pass to invade any of there neighbors. Than they want to claim it's the countries fault they are having to invade. It's like blaming a woman when she's raped saying she deserves it.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The US threatens the whole world. Gonna blame the Russians for that, too?

Go figure…

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

The US threatens the whole world. Gonna blame the Russians for that, too?

Go figure…

Did the white house release this at a press conference I seem to have missed it. Did they threaten to nuke the planet ?? Oh wait forgot Putins the ones making nuke threats my bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

NATO is ofcourse wrong and provocative in moving itself towards east direction and encroaching Russia. At some point Russia had to push back when strategic matters called for.

Why did Russia keep quiet for years on Baltics joining NATO, but would react sharply when Ukraine even made a move towards the alliance..........answer to this has to come from NATO itself. In other words, NATO wanted to know how far can they push before the Bear wakes up throws a paw-swipe. People in Ukraine should understand the situation and take right decisions for their own good.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Again NATO Can't Force A Country To join.Im getting this is a tough concept for you. The country makes a request to join NATO and if they meet the qualifications are accepted. There's no pushing or attempting to involved. Any NATO member can leave the treaty if they choose. So when you say things like NATO moved towards Russia it's false. What you should say is eastern European countries turned to NATO.

Now I know this shocks you Russian neighbors are worried but let's look as to why. First they were under soviet occupation for decades. Russia continually threatens them by flying aircraft towards their borders. Russia has sent troops into neighboring countries and taken territory. And have even staged nuclear attack runs against them. This is enough reason they think they need outside help with their unruly neighbor. Look at Ukraine for example they signed a treaty with Russia and we see what happened there didn't we. So does it surprise anyone that countries bordering Russia don't believe Putin. He's even caught himself in his own lies denying Russian troops were in Crimean streets only later to admit he ordered them to. Let's just say any credibility he had is shot.
edit on 4/14/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Let me put it bluntly, to the Americans.

It is a Euro-Russian problem, not an American problem.

1) Stay at home
2) Stay the F out of our business.

and

3) Quit saying "oh but you will come running to us" lines

Isn't that OUR problem?

Your noses and fingers are as large as yer gobs (and stomachs).
You are saying that as Russian?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

NATO is ofcourse wrong and provocative in moving itself towards east direction and encroaching Russia. At some point Russia had to push back when strategic matters called for.

Why did Russia keep quiet for years on Baltics joining NATO, but would react sharply when Ukraine even made a move towards the alliance..........answer to this has to come from NATO itself. In other words, NATO wanted to know how far can they push before the Bear wakes up throws a paw-swipe. People in Ukraine should understand the situation and take right decisions for their own good.

Russia actually didn't keep quiet but every few years was starting minor economic war (usually food embargo or gas supplies problem) or poorly veiled threats.

NATO didn't want anything, just CE European countries wanted a protection against former aggressor.

I think that Ukrainians understood situation very well, and from a positively neutral country toward Russia, Ukraine is turned in to a sworn enemy. Good job Russians for turning Ukrainians in NATO supporters, without such help it would not have happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join