It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EG&G Cammo Dude Job??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How did you get that?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am Active Duty in the US Air Force and serve in an intelligence career field. My job requires me to have the clearance. It is a quite extensive process to get one eg.. background check, credit check etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Of course, it could be a snow job too on the locations given, since right before that, it mentions a top secret, sensitive compartmentalized information, single scope background investigation, etc. job, you may be on to something there.

I already explained what the initials stood for, hehe...guess I should have clarified that...oops. Though I don't know where they get SBBI out of single scope background investigation...most likely Single scope, Biographical Background Investigation

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sorry for the late response guys yesterday i was too tired to even check my computer and today i found out that my grandmother has just passed away so i now have to fly to poland tommorow and come back on the 5th,
i would of provided a link but i didnt have enough time plus someone else already posted one thanks
so is this a possible "groom lake" security job?

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by J Rock
I am Active Duty in the US Air Force and serve in an intelligence career field. My job requires me to have the clearance. It is a quite extensive process to get one eg.. background check, credit check etc.

Cool where do you work?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I am stationed in San Antonio, TX

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
See I heard that the real! entrance is lke 3 miles back out in the desert and theres guards with pcv buggys

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sorry for double posting, hey I know alot, but never been in under ground just work on a couple of there weird trucks and leave, normal routine

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
Maybe, they need some security guards in the base too I think. I doent know if you are allowd to go in the hangars and things like that but I think you can job as a security guard on the base it self. You know Its not the base that is secret it is the prodject that is secret.

Well inside of the base I would honestly think the security would be run by US Air Force Security Forces. Most Air Force bases hire civilian contractors (such as Wackenhut and EG&G) to work the gates or in this case, the border AND the gate. The reason being is so the actual MP's can focus more on patrolling the base and other law enforcement duties.

I would assume that they would be assigned a specific area to patrol inside the base. They just cant say "okay guys be right back im gonna go fly the spaceships". So there are probably areas that are even off limits to them also.They most likely would not be allowed to really know whats going on for the most part because their primary mission would be to keep the inside of the base secure. The cammo dudes mission is to secure the perimiter and control who can and cant get on base. I know they have guard shacks but that is quite a distance from the actual base itself. So these guys probably never get to see the actual base or at least not get to go to the actual base.

Then again I can be horribly wrong

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I agree with HawaiiUfologist. My time spent in the U.S. Navy intelligence community I was on a few bases that required authorization to be on. Though we usually had D.O.D guards on the perimeters and gates not contractors.

P.S. If you really wanted to you could get a job with EG&G and do really well. This would open up the possibility of them transferring you to Groom Lake at a later date when a position opened up. Most contractors will help you get any clearances if they transfer you into a position or if your very (in a TS situation, very, very,very) qualified. (TS background checks cost a few hundred thousand dollars to do)
edit on 24-3-2011 by SilntShdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That sounds like a standard SSO position. (Special Security Officer or Site Security Officer depending on where you work). It's really just the person in charge of other people's clearances, not a security guard per se. An SSO handles the basic clearance work for people with clearances (i.e. all the files and paperwork proving you have a clearance) they also do basic investigations into security issues and if they find that the issue needs further attention they will forward the case up to the proper authorities. SSO's don't normally have the power to grant clearances but they can revoke them, to a point.

As far as it being at Groom Lake that would be cool as hell! Think about it. You're not the shmuck in the desert holding a rifle looking for geeks with binoculars. You're the guy who knows what everyone else is allowed to know! You might not be privy to the details of what's going on and you may never see a UFO (presuming they exist and are kept at Area-51) but you would have to know what the program code words are and what they mean in order to handle the paperwork and read-ins of people with a need-to-know. So, if I'm a scientist coming to work on Project Aurora then YOU would need to know what Project Aurora is a codeword for in order to "read me into" the program. I think it would be a pretty sweet gig.

Don't get me wrong though, SSO is a pretty horrific job. So much minutae and details, tons of paperwork, loads of security procedures and liasoning (is that a word?) with other commands and dealing with idiots who don't know the proper security procedures (trust me, our SSO has her hands full, a lot!...lol) But, it might be worth it if it IS a position that sooner or later would rotate into Groom Lake!

--Apex

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well it said it was located in

Las Vegas,Nevada

isn't area 51 in Rachel?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join