It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EG&G Cammo Dude Job??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Did a search on EG&G's site under homeland security and a security job opening and got some info back.. is this a possible job for the area 51 base? sounds like a cammo dude job... "Provide administrative security clearance management support for approximately 350 personnel as part of a TS/SCI Air Operations facility" air operations facility as in.. area 51?? heres the job opening...

Requisition Number : EGG1497
Company : EG&G/LSI

Interest Category : Security/Homeland Security

External Job Title : Facility/Security Manager - 1001-04-LVU
Position Type : Full Time

State : Nevada

City : Las Vegas

Minimum Requirements : Associates Degree, TS Clearance, SCI access and SSBI current within 5 years.

5 years job related experience or equivalent

SPECIALIZED SKILLS:
MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access) experience considered a plus. Specialized military C2 facility/security experience and familiarity/experience in military C2 facility/organizations is desired.
Job Description : Provide administrative security clearance management support for approximately 350 personnel as part of a TS/SCI Air Operations facility. Security clearance management will be required during normal duty hours form 0730-1630 initially at Nellis, AFB and then transitioning to Indian Springs Air Force Auxiliary Airfield (IS AFAA).

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Camodudes are Area 51 security, chosen for some reason that we don't know, and we'll probally never know until and ex-camodude steps forward...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
do you have the link?

cuz that might be a good thing to include

also the cammo dudes recruit you can't sign up.
it's all been tried before.

but the link would be nice

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It tells you EXACTLY where you'd be...

Security clearance management will be required during normal duty hours form 0730-1630 initially at Nellis, AFB and then transitioning to Indian Springs Air Force Auxiliary Airfield (IS AFAA).

Basically stating you'd work 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (9 hour shift) at Nellis, then eventually at Indian Springs.

Of course, it could be a snow job too on the locations given, since right before that, it mentions a top secret, sensitive compartmentalized information, single scope background investigation, etc. job, you may be on to something there.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
which is why you should send the link!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Do you meet those stringent requirements???

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
well. . . . . . no, but i really wanna see this. it's something that could really lead to something!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's legitimate:

www.urs.apply2jobs.com...

Go to E G & Gs webpage;

www.egginc.com...

Click on current openings, go to Interest Category, scroll down to Security/Homeland Security. Second posting in Nevada.

Not a job posting for a camo dude, but the person who manages security clearances for the camo dudes.

Check out the other Nevada job postings. Stewardesses with TS/SSBI clearance, Network Techs and Admins with TS Clearance, SCI access and SSBI current within 5 years.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Researcher]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Not that you get to go inside. All you'd be doing is protecting the site. No security guard would have clearance to go into the base [??].

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe, they need some security guards in the base too I think. I doent know if you are allowd to go in the hangars and things like that but I think you can job as a security guard on the base it self. You know Its not the base that is secret it is the prodject that is secret.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
1. Their is no D in project.
2. I think you'd have to be in the army to be allowed into the base, otherwise, it's a major security risk...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
1. Their is no D in project.
2. I think you'd have to be in the army to be allowed into the base, otherwise, it's a major security risk...

There must be tons of workers there not in the army.

But for a security peep, I would expect they would pick people from the army...

What does this mean anyway?
Associates Degree, TS Clearance, SCI access and SSBI current within 5 years.

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I really doent know. I doent think you have to be a millitary dude to go in the base alle you need is a clerenc.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
TS Clearance
Is Top Secret Clearance I'm guessing. Scientists are probally all from the government. I'm saying they won't recruit just anybody for Area 51, they'll pick good soldiers/scientists from the army or goverment divisions...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

What does this mean anyway?Associates Degree, TS Clearance, SCI access and SSBI current within 5 years..

It means you need a Top Secret Sensitive Comparmented Information clearance that has been adjudicated within the last 5 years. SSBI is single scope background investigation

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Also...there are alot of civillian contractors out there. You do not have to be in the armed services to get a job.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Security is everywhere on any military base.

You need a clearance to get on the base. Badges are coded to indicate where you can be. You don't just get on the base and run amok, you go to your designated work area and do whatever. Wandering around in unauthorized areas will get you in worse trouble than an outside intruder. You have been briefed, you know better, you have signed documents indicating you know where you belong and where you don't.

Access is determined by need to know. Someone else determines what you need to know, and tells the badging office what symbols to code on your badge.

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I had a movie about area 51 and the one that made that movie followd a worker home, And askt for a interwieu. The man that worked there look'd like a normal person that came from his job at a supermared or something. Normal clotes and stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
"Provide administrative security clearance management support for approximately 350 personnel as part of a TS/SCI Air Operations facility"

Keep in mind, if you plan to apply, that TS/SCI means that you would be required to have a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. To get this clearance, you would have had to have served in the government in a position no less than U.S. Embassy envoy.

And again, it's not Area 51 anymore. That was an old Atomic Energy Commission designation that went away with the Atomic Energy Commssion. It's Groom Lake Field and test range.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Keep in mind, if you plan to apply, that TS/SCI means that you would be required to have a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. To get this clearance, you would have had to have served in the government in a position no less than U.S. Embassy envoy.

I have a TS/SCI clearance and have never been close to a U.S. Embassy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join