It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings Earthlings & possible other species!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well hello there!

Let me introduce myself. I'm a 25 year old male from Belgium, currently working as a bartender.

I've been lurking on ATS for quite a few years. Like in real life I like to be in the "shadows". You may ask, as a bartender that's quite difficult, isn't it? That's true, especially in the small country I reside in. However I have only a few friends, unlike many people that have more than a few, I simply don't need many. Because in the end of all those people, who are true friends?

I do like socializing, well in my profession it's a necessity. But at the end of my shift I simply go home or hang out with my friends. Unlike many in the profession that stick around & get hammered, pretty much every night.

I don't use social media sites such as Facebook & Twitter for the same reasons.

So my reason for finally signing up? I'm interested in posting my opinion & asking questions about things that interest me. My favourite forums on ATS have always been Space Exploration, Science & Technology and Fragile Earth.

As long as I can remember I've always looked up to the sky & pondered what's out there. I'm lucky to be born in age that we're on the verge of "breaking through" on so many fields of science. My one hope is that I'll live long enough to be able to go to space atleast once. Or perhaps that scientists find a "cure" for death itself. Yes I'm one of those that wishes to be immortal, no matter what. Because there are yet so many things to be discovered & explored, that it would be a shame not to see them.

Some other interests of mine:

I like snowboarding, I've been boarding since I was eleven & it's just the most amazing feeling. I also longboard & recently picked up surfing, but in my opinion those activities aren't quite invigorating as cruising through the snow at "high" speeds.

Playing videogames have been another passion of mine since I was six years old. I never liked watching television & I prefer to spend the little free time either practicing my sports or playing games. The genres I like in no particular order are: Role Playing Games, First Person Shooters, Real Time & Turn Based Strategy, Platform & Sandbox games. I usually watch some TV shows whilst playing games. My favourite genre: Science Fiction.

For a year or so, I've been trying to write a Sci-Fi novel. Although many times I've started from scratch. Can't make up my mind every now & then. Perhaps one day I'll post a few chapters here on ATS & see what you guys think of it!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Greetings and inebriations .. bout time they got a bartender in this place .. happy hour already started .. so enjoy the show ..
edit on 12/4/15 by Expat888 because: typo.. grrr.. need more beer..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sakashima

Hey, I'm writing a sci-fi novel too!

Glad to meet you mate. I am in physics but I also like to think outside the box.

Welcome here!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

It's always happy hour somewhere! Bottoms up

a reply to: swanne

Oh hey there swanne I've seen you around

I only know the basics of the respective fields of physics, but I'm interested in them noonetheless. The best scientists reside outside the box, don't they?

Thanks for the welcomes!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hello and welcome.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. Do they serve seven and sevens there?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome to ATS! Enjoy the Ride!
Join Us in the Short Stories Forum!
Later, Syx.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

G,day mate and welcome to the land of nod
i like my beer cold thats bloody cold and in a glass
and as Pat stated its about time we got a barman round here
so enjoy the ride and if you feel like pulling your hair out over some dropkick thread try drinking your beer through a straw lol

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Cheers!

a reply to: rickymouse

I'm afraid not ricky. We only have a few whiskeys. We do have quite a few beers though. 173 different kinds as of last count.

a reply to: SyxPak

Cool thanks. I'll keep a six pack cold for when I drop by

a reply to: pronto

Depends on the beer pronto! Some beers need to be served at a higher temperature. For optimal enjoyment ofcourse.

Most of my fridges are set at 8 degrees Celsius.

I do keep my glasses on ice for regulars!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

We only have a few whiskeys.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
G,day mate.
re the cold glasses.
understand what you mean
spent time in F.N.Q. er far north Queensland
the beer was cold and the glasses were even colder almost frozen
found much the same down in Tasmania