It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
What you see is people who just want the homosexualists to leave them alone.
The rest is a product of your imagination.

Sure thing

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys

Hypocrites and Bullies is all I see.

4% of the population.They get away with too much.

Nope - 1.6% of the population.

They want you to believe they are 25%.

They are 1.6% of the population, mostly concentrated in urban areas.

Is that based on your own experiences, or do you have an actual, you know, source?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The CDC.

2014 stats.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

He's not wrong at all. The pizza place in Indiana, cake places, etc. they all get death threats for not catering to gays. The war against Christians is real by the left, anyone who denies that is a complete idiot. He doesn't think Christians are better, he thinks there should be equal treatment for all. If you're gay, treat a Christian with respect - vice versa - but no one should FORCE you to.

Being gay isn't wrong to me, but it is disgusting. I couldn't imagine kissing another man let alone having sex with one, I am biologically incapable of finding it normal because I am heterosexual. I can't control that, just like they can't control their urge to blow other dudes. I know everyone here is a special open-minded star child, but i'm not going to lie to myself about how gross I think it would be to mess around with another guy. If I owned a cake shop, sure i'd bake a cake for a gay dude, who cares? But I should always have the right to deny service.

This isn't an argument about who is better, it's about respecting EVERYONES opinion. If a business refuses to serve you, walk away and take your business elsewhere. You don't deserve special treatment because you're gay or a Christian. It's a two-way street.

Also, he did not at any point say he thinks Christians are any better than anyone else - or even hint at it. He just thinks people should be able to practice their beliefs and run their business freely - even if it's according to their faith. Have you seen the videos of Muslim bakeries laughing people out of there when they ask for a gay wedding cake? How come you aren't whining about that? Probably because they aren't Christian. Whatever, it's a free market, and less than 2% of the American population whining about it shouldn't change that.
edit on 13-4-2015 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

The CDC.

2014 stats.

Why the CDC & Census Numbers Are Flawed By Andrew Markle | July 16, 2014

Almost every article I've read on LGBT rights in the last 24 hours has been mired by the latest news that the Census Bureau and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have officially released numbers on the number of gay and lesbian citizens in the United States. I've read multiple figures, including anywhere between 1 and 3.6%. I've even seen 4% in some places. I almost wish everyone would get their facts straight (no pun intended) or just not report it at all.

www.bilerico.com...

edit on 13-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The Bilerico Project is the web's largest LGBTQ group blog with dozens of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and genderqueer contributors.

....snicker.....

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Why do people like you think that homosexuals are aliens who have come to live on this planet?

Gays are as diverse as straights. Some are exhibitionists; some are reserved and modest; some are extroverts; some are introverts; some are liberal; some are conservative; some are promiscuous; some are monogamous; some are non-religious; some are devoutly religious. In other words, they are just people, like everyone else.

The whole "homosexual thing" as you put it is to just live their life, and not in secret - like so many did in the 70's and prior. I have some friends who are gay, and none of them have been to a gay pride parade. There are many who do attend, but not all are exhibitionists. My gay friends want to be able to talk about their significant others openly just like straights talk about their significant others. They want to be able to take their boyfriends/husbands to work events where everyone else brings their significant others . They want to be able to marry the person (consenting adult) that they choose - just like everyone else does. They want to be able to walk into a business and purchase the same products and services that everyone else does.

And no, not everyone got on fine two decades ago. Most gays were stuck in their closets two decades ago. They got tired of being pushed out of mainstream society when they hadn't hurt anyone. Due to the push-back and awareness-raising of gay activist groups, most of mainstream society now accepts that gays have the right to live the same kind of life that everyone else lives.

Are the activist groups a little "too activist" sometimes? Yes, but that happens with all activist groups. Doesn't mean that gays don't have the right to live their lives freely and openly like everyone else does. Doesn't mean that gays don't have the same civil rights that everyone else has.

Our society is going through some growing pains right now with the "whole homosexual thing". As new generations of people come, and with them, more acceptance - those growing pains will ease and you won't hear so much about it in the news or on discussion forums like this one.
edit on 13-4-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The Bilerico Project is the web's largest LGBTQ group blog with dozens of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and genderqueer contributors.

....snicker.....

The Bilerico Project --- being that it is about themselves, they might just know.

The only LGBT the CDC knows are those who chose to identify.

The Bilerico Project is the web's largest LGBTQ group blog with dozens of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and genderqueer contributors. Known for intelligent political and cultural commentary, the site's carefully selected contributors have helped to shape the LGBT movement for years - both on and off line.

www.bilerico.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit

Have you seen the videos of Muslim bakeries laughing people out of there when they ask for a gay wedding cake? How come you aren't whining about that? Probably because they aren't Christian. Whatever, it's a free market, and less than 2% of the American population whining about it shouldn't change that.

Please at least get the facts straight on this: The guy lied about being gay and went into Muslim bakeries trying to get them to put special "gay" decorations on a cake. They never refused to sell him a cake on the video. One guy was even looking through his catalog to show the guy what kind of decorations they would do.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Right.

And they wouldn't have an agenda now would they?

BTW, you left the "Q" off your politically correct anagram.

Apparently there is now a category for "Queer and Genderqueer."

Who knew?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Right.

And they wouldn't have an agenda now would they?

Does the CDC have an agenda? I'm sure they do.

Counting only those who choose to identify is ---- a count of only those who chose to identify.

Your agenda fails

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

He's not wrong at all. The pizza place in Indiana, cake places, etc. they all get death threats for not catering to gays. The war against Christians is real by the left, anyone who denies that is a complete idiot. He doesn't think Christians are better, he thinks there should be equal treatment for all. If you're gay, treat a Christian with respect - vice versa - but no one should FORCE you to.

Being gay isn't wrong to me, but it is disgusting. I couldn't imagine kissing another man let alone having sex with one, I am biologically incapable of finding it normal because I am heterosexual. I can't control that, just like they can't control their urge to blow other dudes. I know everyone here is a special open-minded star child, but i'm not going to lie to myself about how gross I think it would be to mess around with another guy. If I owned a cake shop, sure i'd bake a cake for a gay dude, who cares? But I should always have the right to deny service.

This isn't an argument about who is better, it's about respecting EVERYONES opinion. If a business refuses to serve you, walk away and take your business elsewhere. You don't deserve special treatment because you're gay or a Christian. It's a two-way street.

Also, he did not at any point say he thinks Christians are any better than anyone else - or even hint at it. He just thinks people should be able to practice their beliefs and run their business freely - even if it's according to their faith. Have you seen the videos of Muslim bakeries laughing people out of there when they ask for a gay wedding cake? How come you aren't whining about that? Probably because they aren't Christian. Whatever, it's a free market, and less than 2% of the American population whining about it shouldn't change that.

The best post in this thread !!!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So does yours...unless you agree that the Christians blogs claiming a war against Christianity are as equally unbiased an accurate.

Oh, wait...I just read the user name of who I am responding too, so I am wasting my fingers as I type. Her way is absolute and unbiased, every dissenting view is wrong, regardless of source.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

So does yours...unless you agree that the Christians blogs claiming a war against Christianity are as equally unbiased an accurate.

Oh, wait...I just read the user name of who I am responding too, so I am wasting my fingers as I type. Her way is absolute and unbiased, every dissenting view is wrong, regardless of source.

Christians are counted by those who self identify?

Ha! Try having your name removed from a church roster. Yeah! That takes an act of God.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stayinglowkey
Seems like pretty much everybody hates the christians these days....if you hate somebody you are bound to wage a war of some sort against them.

That is so true.

Even the mantra, Christians are paranoid, no one is "out to get you"
yet almost daily a thread is started that makes fun of Christians
that says Christians are homophobic
Christians want to stop all abortion
Christians hate.......

But what I see is we hate Christians,

over and over and over,

on ATS and in the liberal media -

and in the same breath,

we hate you but you are being paranoid because we really

don't hate you? What?

Ted Cruz was unwise to say what he did,

but when a LGBT supporter goes business to business
trying to get them to say something offensive, goading them,
then making it public. Like what was done to the Pizza parlor.

Well, it feels like, looks like, smells like, a purposeful attack,

a mean spirited searching for someone to say something stupid,

a "we will hunt you down and find you" sort of attack.

This type of demonetization has been seen before in History.

I wouldn't compare it to Jihad, I'd compare it to a metaphorical Krystalnacht.

Now before you Christian haters out there start your usual -
I know you Christian Grandma must think this evil thought:
Let me set you straight.
As to homosexuals, my consistant philsophy has been live and let live,
none of my business (if you demand proof,
just go look at all my posts and you will see consistency over time)
Same with gay marriage, live and let live, I really don't care
(check my previous posts)

But please don't force Christians to celebrate something
that is against their value system,
why not live and let live Christians who just mind their own business,
why seek them out to ruin their business on purpose
as was done to the poor Pizza people, or the 70 year old florist owner
who had gay people employed at her shop
who was taken to court by LGBT for not doing a wedding?

Another evil accusation you will want to make is :
to compare me to abortion clinic bombers.
I have also been consistent that up until
the fetus can survive on it's own outside the womb, (around 24 weeks),
there are medical reasons that are quite frankly
not my business or anyone else's that sometimes make abortion necessary.

Again, it is a popular sport with ATSer's to denigrate Christians and I expect a lot of parsing of my words to "hate" on me and what I have said.

This is how mean, awful, terrible, and hateful my close circle of friends are
This list is true and not bragging, just want to let you know the awful truth about my close Christian friends:

1. A MD who is the only Dr in town who runs the local AIDS clinic, he is retired and spends 3 days a week treating AIDS patients from a large surrounding area for free. A Christian who hates homosexuals? You decide.

2. A retired engineer who teaches financial skills to men in the local prison so they can better organize their lives and hopefully be successful when they get out. Many of the men are not white, so a Christian racist? You decide.

3. My husband who takes food to the homeless once a week. A mean spirited Christian? You decide.

4. 3 of my women friends make waterproof soft mats for the homeless which are distributed at local shelters where they also use them on cots. They are really hateful Christian women aren't they?

5. I am in a group who makes dresses for girls in Africa because to have a new dress is a symbol of belonging, and they are far less likely to be raped or kidnapped. Are we racist Christians? We have a woman who takes the dresses to Africa herself, is she too a racist Christian? You decide.

6. My group also makes quilts for foster children, and bags for them to carry their things in, and bags that are filled with school supplies for the poor and for the foster children. Are we mean spirited, ugly thinking Christians? You decide.

7. My Sunday School class bought a car for a man, who happened to be black, because he was trying hard to turn his life around after getting out of prison, and he needed a car to get to a new and much better job. Again mean, awful Christians? You decide.

**These are NOT acts of charity,
charity is when you look down on someone and deign to help them.
These are not "volunteerism", which is done to make you feel better
about helping your community and country.

Each of these men and women are doing this because they want to,
really want to help others and show love to others who need it.
So don't rag on me and say,
oh you Christians have to lower yourselves to do charity work
because of your religion, as has been said to me.
NO, NO and no, none of my friends would do any of this
if they didn't really want in their hearts to give love to others.

............ I don't see the LGBT community giving love to anyone
except themselves,
..................... or showing compassion for anyone besides themselves,
and yes, ............... actually going out of their way
to find people to............................. "persecute" them;
and then running them out of business.
This is real love?
..................This is the kind of love they want Christians to show them?
Is this their example of how they want others to treat them?
Are they treating others the way they want to be treated
and so........................demonstrating that their love is superior?

I await your parsing of my words and making fun of me because I am a Christian
and denigrating me, and putting words into my thoughts that are not there.

Best of all I await the quite boring and difficult to read.
Parsing of each sentence or thought
followed by an ugly response of what I and my Christians friends
must really think behind our "facade"
With a new "quote" of a sentence
followed by a ugly response
Followed by another "quote"
followed by another ugly response.
I know it is coming because it is quite clear the hate
that is spewed daily against Christian here on ATS.
I await your hatred!
Probably won't respond, because I already know
the ugly and evil things most of you will say
just because I am a Christian and you think
that you "know" how terrible I have to be
for being a Christian.

edit on 10Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:48:50 -0500am41304amk131 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Any hate speech against a U.S. Citizen should disqualify that person from running for POTUS, plain and simple. Get that whacko out of here.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well Ted...it was a good run, see you in 2018.

Honestly...he is such a whack job...I hope this doesn't completely kill his campaign because there will be much better crazy talk coming out of him in the debates.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
gomer Pyle speaks out once again about the important issues blaming our country>

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I THINK THE GAYS WON THE WAR BECAUSE I CAN NO LONGER TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HOMOSEXUAL MAN AND A CHRISTIAN MAN IN DEMEANOR, ESPECIALLY THE RELIGIOUS MEN OUT IN THE COUNTRY, IN south Carolina WE CALL IT "COUNTRY GAY" , SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE GAY JIHADIST WON THE WAR, WE CAN ALL RELAX NOW. " WELL HAAAEY MAYN, WHATS GOIN OHN, I CAN SEE UP YOWA SHOWTS".

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I'm tired of seeing this stupidity. 64% of Democrats are also Christian. There is no "war on Christianity from the left", because that is dumb considering most Democrats are also Christian.

You should always have the right to deny service, but not because of an arbitrary reason like sexual identity.

No you deserve EQUAL treatment regardless if you are a Christian or gay. Baking a cake for a gay wedding is EQUAL treatment not SPECIAL treatment.

Actually, that is just as wrong as when Christians do it.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join