It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANOTHER studid idea from the GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
TEACHES will proxy diagnose MENTAL HEALTH?
joeforamerica.com...
WITH the STIGAMA of what that lable can do what an EPIC fail. iT STICKS for life.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Villaba needs mental eval.for coming out with this idiocy.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sounds like they're putting the big scare into people.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

I wonder if the teachers should practice on themselves first?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I see. So where does he think the teachers obtained their medical training in order to be able to make diagnoses of mental health issues? True that they can sometimes spot when things aren't quite right, but they still are solely qualified to teach, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Your Thread title is a bit broad stroked, man. A simple Google search shows many, many, many hits on Jason Villalba RINO. Doesn't look like he's too popular outside of the very compartmentalized Kay Bailey Hutchinson Texas RINO crowd...

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If you're going to use the word stupid... at least spell it right.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

True that they can sometimes spot when things aren't quite right, but they still are solely qualified to teach, nothing more.

I have met some, while I am sure that they have the official papers, made me wonder if they are qualified to teach.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am all for ensuring kids get access to the services they need, but this guy is doing it all wrong. Then again, this is the same guy who submitted a bill attempting to criminalize filming of the police. The ONLY reason for such a bill would be to hide criminal abuse being carried out by the police, that's about as insidious as you can get in public office, and he did it openly.

It baffles me how the people allow politicians like this to continue in their careers.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He is a Republican and it IS a stupid idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

My fingers have issues.. YOU still understood it so I think you can handle a few errors and survive.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I passed a college course on Psychology so I guess I can diagnose now too.

edit on 12-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Your Thread title is a bit broad stroked, man. A simple Google search shows many, many, many hits on Jason Villalba RINO. Doesn't look like he's too popular outside of the very compartmentalized Kay Bailey Hutchinson Texas RINO crowd...

Dude... The whole GOP must think this way because cavtrooper7 says so...

I think we should play a game called Quote for Quote. Each side picks a Senator or Representative they feel has the worst/most outlandish quotes. Cavtrooper7 should be careful not to play that game for the environment is very rich on the Dem side for stupid quotes too.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't like many on BOTH sides it isn't a "side" thing to me anyway.
"STUPID" is universal and obvious.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

He is a Republican and it IS a stupid idea.

I have a question....

How do we find the Eric Harris' and Dylan Klebolds out there before they do what they do? In this case the parents were not even aware that their kids might have issues, played with semi-autos on their own, built pipe bombs in their garages etc...

We now live in a society where even the parents are disconnected from their kids even when their kids show extreme behaviors. In many cases very little or no parent control or mentoring is going on, so what do we do? I can tell you that if you or anyone spends any amount of time with another person you might not be able to diagnose, but you can tell something is wrong....

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I don't like many on BOTH sides it isn't a "side" thing to me anyway.
"STUPID" is universal and obvious.

So why wide paint brush GOP then if stupid is stupid?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Maybe the police should get some mental health training.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I guess to show that the problem we face isn't RIGHT OR LEFT it's a clear illustraion of both.
And it IS such an EPICLY stupid idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

as I understand it, Klebold's medical records are still sealed, but he was rumored by his peers to be taking paxil. Harris was takin Luvox. They both had just completed probation for breaking into a van and stealing a bunch of equipment.

How would their parents not have had a clue something was going on? Was Luvox given because Harris seemed well adjusted, despite breaking into a van and stealing computer equipment?

with how the schools in my town are...it scares the hell out of me that the teachers could have any kind of authority like suggested in the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

He's also a Hispanic... But titling this thread "Another stupid idea from Hispanics" would have seen you bitchslapped by the membership quite quickly. I honestly don't see much difference here. You're taking the stupidity of an individual and trying to apply it across a whole group. Its either sensationalistic or ignorant, I haven't quite figured out which one it is here, yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

AGAIN WITH SKIN!
Stupid ideas are NOT a matter of EPIDERMIS ,but Cranial placement.
Custer thought his DUMBASS could beat primitive savages ,even though he WAS informed otherwise by scouts,SKIN DIDN'T help him now did it?
"BAD IDEAS" not racial discussions and HOW they SPAN both sides.

edit on 12-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join