It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet The Secretive Group That Runs The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here's some more "Russian propaganda" for you:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The system of banking [is] a blot left in all our Constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction... I sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity... is but swindling futurity on a large scale.” - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZzurvanN
Here's some more "Russian propaganda" for you:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The system of banking [is] a blot left in all our Constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction... I sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity... is but swindling futurity on a large scale.” - Thomas Jefferson

This is a false quote. Never has been documented in his writings and the quote predates the usage of the terms inflation and deflation in monetary matters. In other word in Jefferson's time there was no such words. The word inflation rate was started in 1919 when they started the consumer price index. So Jefferson was dead almost 100 years before the word even existed and you are being lied to by conspiracy sites.
edit on 4/13/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The first quote is indeed, false. But, the 2nd one is his. And Jefferson definitely wasn't a fan of banks. And as for the quote itself, it sure rings truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Thank you for that info. I did not realize that it was a spurious quote. I stand corrected and appreciate it. Here's a real one:

"[The] Bank of the United States... is one of the most deadly hostility existing, against the principles and form of our Constitution... An institution like this, penetrating by its branches every part of the Union, acting by command and in phalanx, may, in a critical moment, upset the government. I deem no government safe which is under the vassalage of any self-constituted authorities, or any other authority than that of the nation, or its regular functionaries. What an obstruction could not this bank of the United States, with all its branch banks, be in time of war! It might dictate to us the peace we should accept, or withdraw its aids. Ought we then to give further growth to an institution so powerful, so hostile?"

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How 'bout this one. Genuine?

“... To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition. The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill [chartering the first Bank of the United States], have not, been delegated to the United States by the Constitution.” - Thomas Jefferson - in opposition to the chartering of the first Bank of the United States (1791).

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Any reply to how this is Russian propaganda?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How about this one:

“The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principles, the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity.” - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

The first quote is indeed, false. But, the 2nd one is his. And Jefferson definitely wasn't a fan of banks. And as for the quote itself, it sure rings truth.

What if i told you the second quote doesnt mean what you think it does. He did indeed hate banks one in particular a bank ran by the US government. This is from the war he got into with hamilton this was about taxes and tariffs. Wont go into it major thread drift here but ill say he wasnt talking about all banks. What he didnt want was a bank that could impose tariffs and set taxes he won that battle in the end. There isnt a banker in the US that can set your taxes or tell you how much to pay to sell your good and services.These two things can only be done by representatives of the people namely congress.

This again is a quote taken out of context in the public debate between hamilton and him and given an entirely different meaning by conspiracy sites. The problem many people have is they dont understand the banking system. In fact thanks to Jefferson the US banking system is unique the ability to print money is not held by the central bank like in most countries. The federal reserve actually is independent of the government again unusual. Everything they make goes back to the government with 6 percent held by the member banks. This ability to print money conspiracy sites tell you the US government can just print money it cant. Currently for example the US government is decreasing the money supply basically taking currency out of circulation. Did you know before every Christmas the US government increases the bills in circulation because of the expected buying than removes the extra bills later starting in feb and ending in may??

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Indeed, "He did indeed hate banks one in particular a bank ran by the US government." Also known as a central bank, the first of its kind in the USA. Isn't devaluation of the currency a hidden taxation, not one levied by the congress limited by the rules of the constitution. Therefore he hated this kind of bank in particular exactly because it was a secret form of taxation ie. direct theft perpetrated beyond the confines of the constitution, and therefore without checks and balances, and liable to spin out of control. Which leads us to today, with QE and trillion dollar debts and servicing of debts by the "taxpayers".

“The money power preys on the nation in times of peace, and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes.” - Abraham Lincoln

“The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is eager to enter into close relationship with the Bank for International Settlements....The conclusion is impossible to escape that the State and Treasury Departments are willing to pool the banking system of Europe and America, setting up a world financial power independent of and above the Government of the United States....The United States under present conditions will be transformed from the most active of manufacturing nations into a consuming and importing nation with a balance of trade against it.”- Rep. Louis McFadden - Chairman of the House Committee on Banking and Currency quoted in the New York Times (June 1930)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ZzurvanN

Tell you what make a thread about the federal Reserve send me an invite. I'll be happy to explain how they operate and the controls in place. Many people think they know the know the truth. They don't there is alot of shall we say beliefs on how they operate. But i will say of course central banks operate together they have to this is why US sanctions are ripping apart the Russia's central bank. You'll also know the US gets a better deal 92 present of profits go to the US government vs 50 percent for Russia. This means Russia's central bank has alot of personal profit for banks and bankers. Not to mention they can't print Rubles anytime they like this is why right now the Rubles value is decreasing In value. They have ramped up printing to pay debts and burning through their reserves Trying to cover Russian debt. They also own other banks and have shares again conflict of intrest.

The federal Reserve is highly regulated on what they can and can't do and only have as much power as congress is willing to give or take away. If you have a problem with the federal Reserve I suggest contact your congressman because they are the oversight. Most of what people believe is just Internet rumors and I guess when I have more time I'll tackle this on a thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I would love to see this expounded on. From everything I've read, it sounds to me like the Federal Reserve is its own entity not governed by anything...

Please make your own thread on this, I think it would stir up some good debate

edit on 14-4-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
a reply to: keenasbro

Something I read a few days ago made me wonder who Pope Francis was really addressing with his new "geopolitics of mercy" policy on banking, until I read your OP and the links contained in this thread.

It may not be related, but then again I think it bears a mention as at the very least, it could be an irritant in the bankers' agenda:

Link between big finance and the exercise of power needs to be broken

The Holy See calls for a “financial system that works in service of society”, condemns “the war and all forms of nationalistic arrogance or egoism, including in its financial manifestations” and promotes “an ethical sense of responsibility on the part of big political or economic agents,” encouraging “the free and efficient participation of the poor in building their own economic dignity”.

I forgot to thank you for this thread, as their existence was hitherto unknown to me. That's some mighty interesting reading.

I just hope he means it more than the last Pope who said similar things and let the corrupt vatican banking continue. The history of the vatican banking includes mafia, murder and every kind of dirt you can imagine. I have read several books that left me stunned on the subject.

The Vatican Bank is one of the most mysterious institutions in the world. The completely independent financial institution is run by the Catholic Church, and until 2013, had never released so much as a financial report.

finance.yahoo.com...
www.ft.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I, too, encourage you to create a new thread re: Federal Reserve/Central Banking. If you do, would it be too much to ask of you to shoot me a PM giving me a heads up? Many thanks in advance and good luck with creating the thread - I look forward to future discussions.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum

I would love to see this expounded on. From everything I've read, it sounds to me like the Federal Reserve is its own entity not governed by anything...

Please make your own thread on this, I think it would stir up some good debate

Heres a good place to start.

fraser.stlouisfed.org...-open

Something i dont think most americans dont understand about the fed is the US government has to borrow their own money. Thats why when you see figures of US debt much of it is paper debt. To withdrawal money for budgets by law requires the US government to create bonds to cover it. Doesnt matter if the money is available in the treasury dept. So when we see US debt totals half of it is imaginary totals caused by Government expenditures. Heres what i mean say the US needs 100 dollars for a budget at some department. Even though they have the money in the treasury something funny happens. they withdrawal 100.00 in order to do this they take out a loan in the form of a bond for 100.00. 100 will be sent to pay the bill and another 100 now is owed to itself through the bond. Even crazier when the bond expires and they have to pay it they take out a bond to do so. So anytime the US government spends money it has to take out a loan to do so doesnt matter if they have the money through taxes already in the bank. This is the insanity of the federal reserve system that needs to be changed. Theres no foreign entity secretly controlling it and yes congress has oversight. Its the system itself that doesnt make sense!!

One more thing it is almost impossible to truly know what the US has in debt. The reason the bond system when the US holds its own debt we havnt a clue how much is truly there and how much is paper transactions. Or i guess today electronic transactions for bookkeeping. If congress were to change the way the fed operates half of the US debt if not more would disappear.Simple solution is government puts moneyinto account withdrawals as needed no fake bonds are created.
edit on 4/14/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Hi. He's supposed to issue papal bulls on it and elaborate on it over the coming months. He's already begun some housecleaning at the Vatican bank that has the mafia up in arms. Heck, if money launderers are after him, why not all the bankers too, huh? It leads me to wonder how disruptive his actions will be on the overall world scene.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Wow, it's incredible that a system like that was even considered viable for a nation... Absolute insanity.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So you agree there is insanity in the Federal Reserve system in that the government has to borrow money from it, creating a debt that cannot be paid until more money is borrowed, creating a debt that cannot be paid until more money is borrowed, ad infinitum? Good. You are on the same page as most "conspiracy theorists" then. Except...

Are you telling me the Federal Reserve does not have any foreign shareholders?

And it's not off topic. The Federal Reserve is a central bank. The BIS is a central bank for central banks. Knowing how a central bank operates in one of the world's largest, if not the largest economy is KEY to understanding the BIS. So please, do carry on. And also create your own thread as well if you wish, I would like that very much.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A repost of my response on a different thread, but relevant in kind to this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Rothschild family does not own the Federal Reserve. No family OWNS the Federal Reserve. Perhaps you don't realize how the Federal Reserve is structured or operates.

In the current system, private banks are for-profit businesses but government regulation places restrictions on what they can do. The Federal Reserve System is a part of government that regulates the private banks. The balance between privatization and government involvement is also seen in the structure of the system. Private banks elect members of the board of directors at their regional Federal Reserve Bank while the members of the Board of Governors are selected by the President of the United States and confirmed by the Senate. The private banks give input to the government officials about their economic situation and these government officials use this input in Federal Reserve policy decisions. In the end, private banking businesses are able to run a profitable business while the U.S. government, through the Federal Reserve System, oversees and regulates the activities of the private banks.

It is a compromise and combination between public/government oversight and private/for-profit business.

Take a look at the Billionaires of the world and then find one who made their money in banking. You'll be surprised at how FAR down the list you go before you get one and, even then, it won't be some notorious name....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hadn't heard of these folks before, thanks for bringing them to my attention. I'll start doing some Google's and try and see what shakes loose. Thanks again :-)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join