It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet The Secretive Group That Runs The World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

Found this today, a reasonably long read but definately interesting.

I have heard about the (BIS) Bank of International Settlements but never really knew what the creeps actually got up to.

This article throws some light on the subject.

snippet from article.

The world’s most exclusive club has eighteen members. They gather every other month on a Sunday evening at 7 p.m. in conference room E in a circular tower block whose tinted windows overlook the central Basel railway station. Their discussion lasts for one hour, perhaps an hour and a half. Some of those present bring a colleague with them, but the aides rarely speak during this most confidential of conclaves. The meeting closes, the aides leave, and those remaining retire for dinner in the dining room on the eighteenth floor, rightly confident that the food and the wine will be superb. The meal, which continues until 11 p.m. or midnight, is where the real work is done. The protocol and hospitality, honed for more than eight decades, are faultless. Anything said at the dining table, it is understood, is not to be repeated elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

I had no idea! Thanks for the info. Now I feel lower than a snakes belly.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sweet.

They're hiring!

www.bis.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Alright! Job opportunities! Let's sign up, now!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Huh, a huh huh, looks like that cats out of the bag

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro

Sounds like the World Bank is trying to reinvent themselves, AGAIN, the IMF front didn't work, and someone dropped each member on their heads at childbirth and they for some reason think this is an original reinvention.

Perhaps they need to learn from Enron's mistakes why this mode of operation isn't functional any longer.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
And it's groups like this that are going to destroy the lives of billions. Little do they care though. Good find! I wasn't familiar with this one and it's better evidence than most of the other secret groups out there.

Interesting article on one of it's older members:
tabletmag.com...
edit on 11-4-2015 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
And it's groups like this that are going to destroy the lives of billions. Little do they care though. Good find! I wasn't familiar with this one and it's better evidence than most of the other secret groups out there.

Interesting article on one of it's older members:
tabletmag.com...

From your article,

Today, the bank is richer and more inviolable than ever. Last year, the BIS made a tax-free profit of $1.36 billion—an impressive sum for a bank with just 140 customers.

All of that and tax free too, thought only the religions of the world made off with hauls like that.

The BIS started out as the collector of Germany's WWI War Reparations, so naturally they were already set up as the go between at the start of WWII then they got into the reconstruction business after WWII. Why they ever were allowed to make a profit independently of their customers, which are also their share holders, is weird.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Something I read a few days ago made me wonder who Pope Francis was really addressing with his new "geopolitics of mercy" policy on banking, until I read your OP and the links contained in this thread.

It may not be related, but then again I think it bears a mention as at the very least, it could be an irritant in the bankers' agenda:

Link between big finance and the exercise of power needs to be broken

The Holy See calls for a “financial system that works in service of society”, condemns “the war and all forms of nationalistic arrogance or egoism, including in its financial manifestations” and promotes “an ethical sense of responsibility on the part of big political or economic agents,” encouraging “the free and efficient participation of the poor in building their own economic dignity”.

I forgot to thank you for this thread, as their existence was hitherto unknown to me. That's some mighty interesting reading.

edit on 12-4-2015 by aboutface because: Added quote. It's late, sorry to have omitted it.

edit on 12-4-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Although this definitely has it's implications, and I am the first to scream foul at the central banks, there is nothing really nefarious or misleading about this meeting.

The Bilderberg group on the other hand are governments meeting with select corporate and banking interests behind closed doors. Not to mention security paid for by tax payers. It is pretty much the ultimate F-You!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Watch the film "The International" it is about this bank.

Trailer for the film

It is the central bank for all the central banks basically and
also handled alot of the shadow money for the intel orgs of
various nations.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I was wondering how far down the rabbit hole we can go with this info, I will try to dig deeper.

Thanks guys for the extra links, this is not just facinating, it is also very scary.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
quick somebody learn now to remote view
eh they probably don't say the really juicy stuff in mixed company anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Need to edit the OP title to "Meet The Secretive Group That Ruins The World"

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
6 of them are in charge.
6 of them are privy .
6 of them over watch.

What could be evil about that ?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"The Swiss authorities have no juridisdiction over the BIS premises. Founded by an international treaty, and further protected by the 1987 Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss government, the BIS enjoys similar protections to those granted to the headquarters of the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and diplomatic embassies. The Swiss authorities need the permission of the BIS management to enter the bank’s buildings, which are described as “inviolable.”

and

"The BIS has the right to communicate in code and to send and receive correspondence in bags covered by the same protection as embassies, meaning they cannot be opened. The BIS is exempt from Swiss taxes. Its employees do not have to pay income tax on their salaries, which are usually generous, designed to compete with the private sector."

and

"All bank officials are immune under Swiss law, for life, for all the acts carried out during the discharge of their duties"

This right here is one of the problems. They think (and apparently ARE) they are above all rules.

WTF doesn't cover it, if you don't believe the bankers run the world, then after reading this, you are an idiot.

edit on 12-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What an awesome booktitel, from the zerohedge

TOWER OF BASEL: The Shadowy History of the Secret Bank that Runs the World by Adam LeBor

Love it S&F for sharing.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Peeple because: stupid space bar

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have often tried to tell friends this type of thing is real. Thanks for reinforcing my attempts to share with them my feelings. It may be they are benign but freedom from your actions no matter the event is a scary power to own.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Great article, thanks for the link! S&F for you!

I can see, based on the mail I have gotten over the past 8 or 9 years, evidence that the BIS does have significant influence. During the financial crisis, the once-steady stream of credit card and financing offers dried up completely. Nothing had changed with my personal situation...still employed, still with another earner in the house, current on all my bills. Solid history of paying on time. Yet suddenly no one was clamoring to lend me money for interest.

Fast-forward to now...my personal situation is the same, and once again I am getting a steady stream of offers.

I respectfully disagree that the BIS runs the world, however.

They may run the part of the world that uses money and stuff to keep score. And have done so for almost a hundred years. And before that, the predecessors of BIS did the same. Think colonialism. And before that, feudalism.

Full disclosure, I do participate in the system to a certain extent, as I have a job at a company owned by private equity interests. My labor benefits the investors and owners who get their cut, but also benefits the users of our products, and my teammates. And my family, as I receive a paycheck in exchange for my labor.

In order for the BIS to rule the entire world, however, I (and all of you) would have to let this relationship with the system define who I (we) am (are) as a person, what I enjoy, what I do with my non-working hours, who I buy from, etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
Great article, thanks for the link! S&F for you!

I can see, based on the mail I have gotten over the past 8 or 9 years, evidence that the BIS does have significant influence. During the financial crisis, the once-steady stream of credit card and financing offers dried up completely. Nothing had changed with my personal situation...still employed, still with another earner in the house, current on all my bills. Solid history of paying on time. Yet suddenly no one was clamoring to lend me money for interest.

Fast-forward to now...my personal situation is the same, and once again I am getting a steady stream of offers.

I respectfully disagree that the BIS runs the world, however.

They may run the part of the world that uses money and stuff to keep score. And have done so for almost a hundred years. And before that, the predecessors of BIS did the same. Think colonialism. And before that, feudalism.

Full disclosure, I do participate in the system to a certain extent, as I have a job at a company owned by private equity interests. My labor benefits the investors and owners who get their cut, but also benefits the users of our products, and my teammates. And my family, as I receive a paycheck in exchange for my labor.

In order for the BIS to rule the entire world, however, I (and all of you) would have to let this relationship with the system define who I (we) am (are) as a person, what I enjoy, what I do with my non-working hours, who I buy from, etc.

They don't deal with day to day people stuff.
They deal on the top level of money. They handled all the money that rebuilt Western Europe after WWII, they decided who got to be industrial leaders moving forward. Afterwards those same big industries would have huge influence on their nations and probably had key roles in cooperating with the European Union planning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join