It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be a spook, would you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hell yeah man. Its not only necessary but honorable IMO. These people face some really horrible things and dont even get treated right among themselves from what I hear, just the nature of the work. They sure as hell cant talk to people about their problems. I imagine many end up alcoholics and drug users just to cope. You cant even talk to your coworkers about certain things that you may just want to say to another human being for closure.

I guess most of it would be boring. That is probably better then when its effing scary as hell and you need to keep your cool.

While probably a minority, can you imagine being an American or European guy in the middle east doing something alone and surrounded by people who not only distrust you, but would like to hurt you in ways not even the devil intended?

We may not understand them or their world, but we sure as hell can be grateful to them. The defence of a nation or even just peace and prosperity beyond borders is not all about corporate profit and "overlords" as someone put it. If anything they may keep the overlords in check. I like to think that they do at some level.

edit on 4 12 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

recruiting terrorists aren't we now
or patsies for the next false flag you'll deny?

"things that make you go hmmm..."

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

No Adam, no one wants to hire you. Though with your justification for the boston bombings based off the war in Iraq should get you in the door with ISIS at least. If you are hiring then perhaps you should go to a more extremist website to spread your radical propaganda.

So you say that was a false flag? Thats the only terrorist attack we talked about. You made it clear that you thought that the war in Iraq was justification for the attack.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i think that now, as i approach my half-century, that yes, i could. if by 'spying' i could secure for myself and my loved one a comfortable future by selling out state secrets then hell yes i would. the whole game is baloney anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

again with the slander still waiting for you to post proof
perhaps a snazzy ad campaign is needed for your recruitment scheme
[which I note you don't deny]

and it's Adamu, Mr. Bureido to you

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I did actually consider applying about ten years ago.
I wouldn't want to be out in the field though, I'd prefer to be an analyst. I've always thought I have some skills in seeing patterns, analysis, investigation, data etc. I'm a bit geeky I suppose.

I don't always agree with the powers these agencies have, and I firmly believe that our governments have lost track of what oversight and accountability actually means, but at the same time I know these agencies are not monitoring millions of people directly (it would require vastly more infrastructure and staffing than is even remotely possible) and they individually have the interests of our societies at heart.

I would do it because it fascinates me, it presumably pays reasonably well, and I get to serve my country at the same time.

Like I said though, I'd be less than useless in the field. I am no Jack Bauer.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well sparky, are you denying it? Are you seriously arguing that you never said it? Wow, if you lack conviction thats fine.

What DO you think about the Boston bombings?

What recruitment? If you read back I DID actually say that I am not recruiting. YOU on the other hand seem to spam these boards with radical propaganda ALWAYS going off fringe evidence for US evil. You seem to try to attract radicals or are engaged in efforts to radicalize them. You dont even make the distinction between the US people and their government. Also, you dont have to come here. You came willingly, that is what I have to say about you. Carry yourself differently and I will change my tone.

What do you think of the US people?
What do you think about terrorist activities against the US?

Instead of spamming thread after thread following me around, how about you just say it once and for all. I will humbly take it all back if you RIGHT NOW, say that you denounce the boston bombings as being unjustifiable.

That if you say RIGHT NOW, that you are opposed to terrorist activities against the US.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I get the impression at least in the UK you dont join for the money.

Its pretty meh compared to other jobs in the city . You join for the job itself.

They advertise publicly for jobs quite regularly here.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

Hi. Keep in mind too that the premise was about Gemini not the general public.
So Concept of Death for the 4 corners are exclusively for Gemini.
For the rest, definition of death will be up to them as to what their journey is.
Whats yours?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So Mr sparky. If you cant bring yourself to denounce the boston bombings, or just any terrorist activity against the US, the PEOPLE or the government alike, what are we to think? You always spread radical propaganda and try to radicalize the conversation.

If there ARE any intelligence officers participating or monitoring this thread, please look into this guy. I may be wrong, but he probably is recruiting, trying to radicalize people against the US to the end result of violent acts against us and our allies.

I may be wrong, but something is off with this person. If anything, he is just a crazy person...but those are probably the ones to worry about. I wouldnt know. If you do, PLEASE check it out.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAmPhoeniX07
a reply to: universalbri

Hi. Keep in mind too that the premise was about Gemini not the general public.
So Concept of Death for the 4 corners are exclusively for Gemini.
For the rest, definition of death will be up to them as to what their journey is.
Whats yours?

Nothing is quite what it seems nowadays, so keep in mind that there could be more than one twin to Gemini, and more than four corners to a box where those previous definitions demonstrate contrast previously never imagined.

As for death. When I am ready for it. I'll take that journey. Not until then. It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It is very interesting how people view intel operations. About 99% of the time you never know that you are gathering intel or what the the information is used for. In my case, I was given a flight profile to follow and when to turn on and off my sensors. The sensors transmitted in near real time so they didn't get too concerned over our return because they had the intel needed.

There are several phases of the intelligence cycle. It is collection, processing, analyzing and distribution in that order. Each phase is very specialized in it's function. Very few people ever get to see the whole picture just small pieces regardless of your security clearances. Many times the distribution phase breaks down because this is where the politics starts between agencies. Intel hoarding so to speak.

I did know many CIA, DIA, ASA and NSA personnel. They were all very professional and very personable! None were what the movies portray them as being. Do they do what they are known for? I don't want to know!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
I would do it because it fascinates me, it presumably pays reasonably well, and I get to serve my country at the same time.

Starting base pay for a spook is about 50k, because you start out at GS-10. There's an adjustment for cost of living in the area you're assigned to, generally a 10-25% bump. You get paid more in Hawaii than Tampa, for instance. There's also a bump that varies per agency for you working a 50 hour work week and being on call all the time, another 20-30%.

There's a really nice benefits package, the retirement kicks ass if you hang for 25 years.

You top out at GS-15, which is about 120k base pay, but it takes being some sort of mega-political manager type that only a few ever reach.

So, it's decent but not stunning. You'd make a lot more as a plumber.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Starting base pay for a spook is about 50k, because you start out at GS-10. There's an adjustment for cost of living in the area you're assigned to, generally a 10-25% bump. You get paid more in Hawaii than Tampa, for instance. There's also a bump that varies per agency for you working a 50 hour work week and being on call all the time, another 20-30%.

There's a really nice benefits package, the retirement kicks ass if you hang for 25 years.

You top out at GS-15, which is about 120k base pay, but it takes being some sort of mega-political manager type that only a few ever reach.

So, it's decent but not stunning. You'd make a lot more as a plumber.

You can always start in the military where I was paid about $12K per year 45 years ago.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Sounds similar to here then. Its ok but not great. If you want money there are better careers for someone with the same skills.

Makes sense as you want people who want to be there for the job itself not just there for the money.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I know of a few people who work in GCHQ and they're on megabucks, but they aren't spooks, theyre mathematicians and programmers. Spooky jobs pay poorly.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I know of a few people who work in GCHQ and they're on megabucks, but they aren't spooks, theyre mathematicians and programmers. Spooky jobs pay poorly.

Those people should not have been telling you

But yeah mathematicians are pretty rare and in any job pay big bucks so to compete with the private sector for them they have to pay very very well. In the private sector were I used to work some one with a maths degree would get 25-50% more than a Biology or chemistry degree for the same job.

I think you have 500 applicants for one spook job here according to the newspapers. So they have a lot of people to choose from.

For a mathematician you will likely only get a hand full of applicants if they are lucky. Infact they go out a recruit them straight of the uni campus if they can.
edit on 14-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok It's not against the law for someone to admit working at the donut.

Possibly right, about supply and demand there. All them lot live at the top of the village where the houses start at half a mill.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: crazyewok It's not against the law for someone to admit working at the donut.

Possibly right, about supply and demand there. All them lot live at the top of the village where the houses start at half a mill.

Most the mathematicians I know do too. They normally live up in doctors row as I call it as most that live in the road are doctors.

I cant say they dont deserve it as mathematicians are a different breed of smart even from most us scientists. They make us biologists look like idiots.
We joke about the tree of science:
it goes:
mathematicians
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
and right at the bottom under the dirt are the social sciences

edit on 14-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Biologists are probably more fun at parties, though. Swings and roundabouts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join