It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA says "Guns for anyone, anywhere, anytime — no questions asked."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

If the founding fathers wanted any degenerate to have a gun wouldn't they have said that instead of specifying it to be for defense forces?

And free speech only applies to congress.

The right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizure of property only applies to members and employees of government agencies.

Cruel and unusual punishment is OK as long as its not against government personnel...

This perverted idea that the second amendment applies only to members of government military and paramilitary forces is absurd and shows an profound ignorance of the history of the constitution, the history of the second amendment, and a deeply statist mentality that should frighten any reasonable person who reads your words.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As oft-putting as I find obsession — and in some cases out and out fetishizing of firearms — by the "gun culture" folks, that's no reason to have a completely false title. The quote was from Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and it was criticism of the NRA and LaPierre by way of hyperbolic rhetoric.

Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, criticized what she called LaPierre's "fear-mongering rhetoric."

The NRA's goal, Watts said, is: "Guns for anyone, anywhere, anytime — no questions asked."

It would have been enough to just post this ridiculous image:

Reminds me of the title of Huckabee's book, God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy. Guns have gone from being common weapons for hunting, protection and sport to sacred instruments of divine justice bestowed upon mankind by God to protect his flock from tyrants and thugs.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh look. Another anti gunner twists what was actually said to fit their agenda. What a surprise.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Guns have gone from being common weapons for hunting, protection and sport to sacred instruments of divine justice bestowed upon mankind by God to protect his flock from tyrants and thugs.

Guns were meant for use against tyrants and thugs when the 2nd Amendment was written.
There is another amendment that covers religion.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The tyrants already control us and gun ownership didn't stop it from happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Guns have gone from being common weapons for hunting, protection and sport to sacred instruments of divine justice bestowed upon mankind by God to protect his flock from tyrants and thugs.

And just why have gun rights advocates become so? Because of the constant assault on citizens right to posses firearms, any kind of firearm, that's why. If the abolitionists would realize they are doing nothing more than promoting the agenda of the elite globalist agenda and miraculously cease their fanatical pursuit of eradicating guns altogether, this would not be true. These progressive idiots do not realize that a healthy fear of the public is the only thing between them and tyranny. Of course, there will be unfortunate incidents but liberty and freedom does not come without some sacrifice. I get so tired of the progressives always wanting their cake and eat it to. SHISH!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The constitution is pretty clear on gun rights and the ability to carry them.........The progressive mind has a hard time understanding individual rights.

I think it stems from the fact they always know what is best for everybody else accept themselves....Sad really.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

They think the government will protect them. If, when the shist hits the fan, I will guarantee, every one of them will wish they had a gun to protect themselves. Progressive idealistic numnuts are just not very realistic.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

That's how confidence games work.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That's how confidence games work.

BATFE can (at whim mousetrap) raid you with utmost confidence. Its getting the charges to stick in the Federal Court system (their recent problem of NOTE loosing their cases). BATFE (oh how they hate that acronym) is looking more and more like a rouge agency that needs policing.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: SubTruth

They think the government will protect them. If, when the shist hits the fan, I will guarantee, every one of them will wish they had a gun to protect themselves. Progressive idealistic numnuts are just not very realistic.

The progressive liberal mind is like a paper bag floating on the wind. This is the reason as people tend to get older they get more conservative. With age comes wisdom.

I heard a very good saying many years ago.....If you are not a liberal by the time you are 20 you have no heart.......If you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm for guns because it makes things equal for everyone and it protects man from other men.

The Old half crippled man in his house can defend himself against the much bigger younger guy doing a home invasion. This actually happened a couple years ago in a neighbourhood down the road from where I live.

I'm also for guns because the criminals are the ones to have them once they become illegal.

However, you are absolutely correct with that statement.

I also tell my gun ho gun activist friends that they are full of B$ or are naive at best if they actually think that their civilian guns are any match for a gov't take over. We are way way way passed that era.

That may have been true back in the 1800's were civilian tech and military tech were closer to each other. However, today that doom prepper guy with his bunker full of guns and ammunition can be taken out by remote control devices miles away and he would never even see it coming.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So you are saying, Resistance is Futile, so we should just submit, give up, don't even try, bend over and spread wide? Is that what you are trying to convey?

Edit: OK!

edit on 11-4-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

No where did i say that, but sometimes reality is harsh.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
from the article ....

this is extremely dangerous !!!

Hillary is more dangerous than 1000 mental cases with guns !!!

Clinton is expected to announce the launch of her bid for the Democratic nomination for president on Sunday.
View gallery

Cox said Clinton would make Obama "look like an amateur" when it comes to gun control.

"Think about it: Hillary Clinton as president of the United States until 2025," Cox said. "Scared yet?"

[the real title of the article:]
NRA leaders warn members of looming gun-control efforts

Busted !!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Cox said Clinton would make Obama "look like an amateur" when it comes to gun control.

I doubt anything will change. The Gun and Lobby industry is rather large with deep pockets.

The only thing that happens when politicians start talking about gun control laws is: the cost and demand of guns and ammo goes through the roof.

I wonder sometimes which party is deeper on the pockets of the gun and lobby industry, Than I remember they are one in the same.

But Yeah , it would be hard not to puke if Hillary wins.
edit on 55430America/ChicagoSun, 12 Apr 2015 08:55:44 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

and anyone on mind bending drugs like SSRIs.

If you are stable and not on psycho-pharma, then you should be able to have
and use firearms.

This is exactly the problem with "sensible gun measures." Everyone's idea of "sensible" is different.

I know you're trying to be supportive of guns but this statement about SSRIs is completely ignorant.

1 in 10 people in the U.S. are taking antidepressants. The vast majority of people taking antidepressants aren't A) suicidal or B) ready to snap if they stop taking their meds.
edit on 4/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

As oft-putting as I find obsession — and in some cases out and out fetishizing of firearms — by the "gun culture" folks

Reminds me of the title of Huckabee's book, God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy. Guns have gone from being common weapons for hunting, protection and sport to sacred instruments of divine justice bestowed upon mankind by God to protect his flock from tyrants and thugs.

Do you feel the same way about people obsessed with comic books or video games?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
bujarski.com...

This is the only permit you need to carry a gun.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Criminals will always have access to illegal guns.

The reason lots of criminals have guns is because we have so many guns that they're cheap and easy to come by.

If the founding fathers wanted any degenerate to have a gun wouldn't they have said that instead of specifying it to be for defense forces?

The old anti-gun argument about "the second amendment only applies to the militia" has been proven 100% false.

It isn't a matter of opinion or interpretation. There are several documents from the time period that elaborate on the founders' meaning. The supreme court has declared that it's an individual right.

If you're going to argue against guns, at least come up with some new falsified material and stop repeating the same crap that's been proven wrong over and over again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join