It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA says "Guns for anyone, anywhere, anytime — no questions asked."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So, this is pretty self explanatory. The gun safety thing has just been a ruse this whole time. The real goal of the NRA and gun freaks in general is to let any moron that can breathe have an arsenal- regardless of the danger and sheer stupidity of it. At least they're finally being honest about it. Hopefully this issue will help keep NRA supporters from being reelected, but I doubt it.

Oh, and there's a lot of people saying really stupid things at this NRA convention too. Check out this jewel- "There's no telling how far President Obama will go to dismantle our freedoms and reshape America into an America that you and I will not even recognize," LaPierre said. They've been saying the same thing for six years, but with his time running out and Republicans controlling congress this is obviously just pure scare tactics. If Obama hasn't destroyed everything in the last 6 years, why would he suddenly do it now as a lame duck? Our country is getting stupider and stupider (and more dangrous) every day.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So, you are saying that the NRA supports criminals owning guns?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Talk about a "well regulated military" lol...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I am impressed that the NRA would be so intelligent.

Perhaps it is because Kansas just passed concealed carry without permit, what I have been advocating as not only constitutional law but, also the best solution.

I suggest we all pay close attention to that experiment which tests the very policy many people are terrified by.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I hope I don't have to quote the over quoted 2nd amendment here, but it doesn't specify no guns for criminals it says all should have access. I tend to be one to think the majority of people at heart are good people and things would sort themselves soon enough society wise. Sure let the criminals have em...they already can and do get them. Let's just let the people be in control of their own last line of defense. I bet homicides still go down.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Retract the title of your post!!!!

No where in the article you linked does it say what your post title states!

Here are the words you so Saul Alinsky like changed to fit YOUR beliefs!

Wayne LaPierre, the NRA's executive vice president and CEO, in his members' meeting speech called on Congress to enact a law allowing people with handgun carry permits to be allowed to be armed anywhere in the country, arguing that nobody "should be forced to face evil with bare hands."

In other words he was talking about people being arrested in Progressive states for having a hand gun that they have been licensed to CC in another state!

edit on 11-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Was everyone allowed to have guns, no questions asked in 1775-6?

Have your gun, just answer some questions first so the psycho's don't get them too.

We are trying to avoid those with mental health issues get them right?

What does this do to prevent that...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Gun sales are up and violent gun crimes are down. Sounds like guns are not the problem.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I am impressed that the NRA would be so intelligent.

Perhaps it is because Kansas just passed concealed carry without permit, what I have been advocating as not only constitutional law but, also the best solution.

I suggest we all pay close attention to that experiment which tests the very policy many people are terrified by.

Agreed, well said.

I think the only limit should be on people with a history of unjustified violence,
including some of the cops (LOL), and anyone on mind bending drugs like SSRIs.

If you are stable and not on psycho-pharma, then you should be able to have
and use firearms.

Also as people are not allowed to drink and drive, I'd like to see it that people
can't be smashed drunk and hunting.

Had some drunk idiot fire one off in my general direction once, and thus my opinion on that.

Unfortunately the bloomberg nut jobs have other plans for fire arm ownership
in the US, and so those who want one will end up having to hide one very well
for the up and coming collapse and full out authoritarian take over.

The natural evolution of government as seen in history books is tyranny.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was wrong.
edit on thSat, 11 Apr 2015 19:30:01 -0500America/Chicago420150180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Was everyone allowed to have guns, no questions asked in 1775-6?

Have your gun, just answer some questions first so the psycho's don't get them too.

We are trying to avoid those with mental health issues get them right?

What does this do to prevent that...

Criminals will always have access to illegal guns.

Why would law abiding citizens be any more of a threat?

This mental health sidetrack is rubbish, there are more criminals than pyschotics anyway (who, incidentally, can use any tool to commit violence).

There should be no registry of gun ownership.
edit on 11-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Was there a BATF back in 1775-6?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

My problem is more and more what I think our founders may have thought. Limitations for any reason lead to more of the same. Once its OK to take the right from these people it opens the door for more arguments. Let everyone have them if they want them. If people act up the use of deadly force may be quicker than they thought. Like another poster said...gun sales up crime down...simple concept and it only took repealing laws not making more. Go figure our solution was easier than we have been making it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

The NRA's goal, Watts said, is: "Guns for anyone, anywhere, anytime — no questions asked."

But it does seeker.

Yes, Shannon Watts.... of Moms Demand Action an anti gun group did indeed say that.
Doesn't constitute proof.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I hope I don't have to quote the over quoted 2nd amendment here, but it doesn't specify no guns for criminals it says all should have access. I tend to be one to think the majority of people at heart are good people and things would sort themselves soon enough society wise. Sure let the criminals have em...they already can and do get them. Let's just let the people be in control of their own last line of defense. I bet homicides still go down.

Yeah back at the time it was written the idea of self defense
was universal, and people used firearms to hunt food.

So people back then had to have them to survive.

Also back then my native american ancestors had a tendency
to shoot invaders so the invaders needed guns so they could
help the bankers get rid of the current residents and move
in the more domesticated paper worshiping crowd.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The NRA's goal, Watts said, is: "Guns for anyone, anywhere, anytime — no questions asked."

But it does seeker.

Take the bate and be outraged Sremmos!

As I have said and I will stand by it. You can take my guns from my cold dead hands! Funny how it is the Progressives on an anti police agenda, while at the same time demanding people losing their ability to protect themselves! Do they really think the government cares about their protection? Before you answer that? Remember the Supreme Court already ruled that the job of the police was NOT to "Protect and Serve" but to uphold the law!

Do the Progressives even have enough brains to understand what they are asking for?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Stop complaining about NRA, things be a lot worse without them.

link   

Cause when they have a screw loose and documents to prove it, I don't want them being able buy a gun from a shop.

Don't care if the criminals do.

See how I answered your question?
a reply to: butcherguy

Would it change who was allowed and wasn't allowed to have them?

And foot in mouth about the Watts think, I should have seen who said it.

link   

Those who are stupid with their firearms will likely die.
Those who aren't stupid deserve to have them.
It's quite obvious that at some point, only smart people
will own firearms.

Evolution at work.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Far form outraged.

I was mistaken on the quote.
Doesn't change how I feel about the matter though.

I am far from anti police, and you can have your guns.
Just don't want it to be a free for all with them where anyone can get them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join