It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cabbie ordered to pay $10,000 for telling lesbians to stop kissing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
His man card should also be permanently revoked.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Domo1

Might as well face it, the GLBT group is now an elite protected class.

Don't say, do anything that might offend them.

Keep your opinions to yourself.

Or else.

Imagine that.

People, just people.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I really do not get this. If a cabbie for what ever reason considers the client being a nuisance - any reason - for sure cabbie has the right to drop the culprit off, and if this cabbie advices the client to cut it off, before being dropped off - that is a sheer politeness - and should not be considered as anything derogatory.

Even more so, if anybody is actually making out in the back seat, and giving such a show, cabbie just cannot take it anymore. That the cabbie will ask customer to cut it off, or become pedestrian - that is totally fair.

All this is make sense. What I do not get, is the LGBT argument - where does that come from? Why their orientation would provide them any particular right for making out in the backseat, while the other sinners would not have such right? In particular, as the survival of their species really is not depending on that act...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

All this is make sense. What I do not get, is the LGBT argument - where does that come from? Why their orientation would provide them any particular right for making out in the backseat, while the other sinners would not have such right? In particular, as the survival of their species really is not depending on that act...

When is the last time you heard of a hetero couple being kicked out of a cab for making out?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Hehe .. gday pronto .. yea m8 we all know any normal bloke would not complain over two sheilas kissing .. he'd be trying to join in on the fun .. dummy deserve getting fine for being stupid and making men look bad ..
Besides.. someone had to say it .. worse could happen they bend my tags send me to vietnam again ? Oh oops .. there at moment ... ahh well time for another beer ..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Never .. also know of several cabs that people hire to drive around while they go at it in the back seat ...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Never .. also know of several cabs that people hire to drive around while they go at it in the back seat ...

Oh, I've heard of that too.

This driver is claiming:

"Mr. Dahbi has a standard of decency that he asks all riders in his cab to follow," Najmi said. "He has asked straight couples to stop engaging in similar behavior. It can be very distracting for a driver if people are getting hot and heavy in the taxi."

www.dnainfo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
have had many interesting talks with cabbies in many places .. even had them offer to fix up girls or anything else that wanted ( always declined their offers am not very trusting of people ) .. if you ever want to know everything about a place either ask a cabbie or an old auntie both are better informed than any intelligence agency about what an area is like ..
Which is why am laughing .. guy wont make much of living driving cab with his outlook .. not to mention him finding it distracting he cant have been driving cab long ..
edit on 12/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Which is why am laughing .. guy wont make much of living driving cab with his outlook .. not to mention him finding it distracting he cant have been driving cab long ..

His "I had to look" attitude because its distracting, made me laugh.

New York cab driver and kissing is a distraction?

It said he had been driving 17 years.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised. The man did nothing wrong. He also had no recourse available to him. He could not look away for obvious reasons relating to the cab and the fact that he could still hear them. It's not like this guy was in public on foot and demanded this to stop. He had nowhere to go, couldn't walk away, couldn't ignore the two women.

Not only is this $10000 fine an act of discrimination the attitude of these two women is an all too common occurrence. They dare to accuse him of being homophobic while they are showing no respect at all for the situation he was in -- a situation where he could not simply remove himself from their presence. If anyone should be fined it should be the two women for having a total lack of concern for the third party they forced to witness their affections. But no. They are somehow victims of "bigotry" while completely disregarding any consideration toward their driver. Hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

That HBO show Taxicab Confessions was my favorite.

Here's a few examples: (warning they are racy lol)

I miss that show.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

That HBO show Taxicab Confessions was my favorite.

I know them well.

. . . and Cash Cab.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality
He could not look away for obvious reasons relating to the cab and the fact that he could still hear them.

It's New York.

Anyone that easily distracted has no business driving a cab in New York.

Plus, New York has a Human RIghts Law --- ignorance of law can get you in trouble.

IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST... The Human Rights Law protects individuals from discrimination based on their age, creed, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest record, conviction record, predisposing genetic characteristics, and familial status (in housing only).

www.dhr.ny.gov...

edit on 12-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think the fine way is overboard, I'm for equality and do not think it's right to deny a product or service base on race, orientation..etc as long as the customer is respectful. Not sure what the customers were here? were they being disrespectful? If they carried on after he asked them to stop?..maybe he is distracted by PDA in the backseat of his cab.
Answer is right though..man card revoked.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So ... if the cabbie would be more comfortable at his workplace if all women were to don the hijab ... you'd all be in favor of that as well, just so he'll be comfortable and all?

Right?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
From the OP's source:

Yellow cab hack Mohammed Dahbi was accused of discriminating against the couple over their sexual orientation by ordering them to "keep that [behavior] for the bedroom or get out of the cab." Dahbi also gave the passengers, Christy Spitzer and Kassie Thornton, some lip, calling them "b-----s," "c---s" and "whores" when they got out of the cab without paying, according to Judge John Spooner's decision.

Seems Mr. Dahbi's actions may have involved a bit more than simple squeamishness at PDA in his workplace.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh yeah there's more to it than this. Watch the HBO show Taxicab Confessions for your average passengers in NYC.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

If a cab driver is offended by lesbians, Chelsea is the wrong section of NYC to be looking for fares......

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Oh my lord one of good posts on ATS.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh yeah there's more to it than this. Watch the HBO show Taxicab Confessions for your average passengers in NYC.

Perhaps someone will start a Kickstarter fund for the cabbie, since he was obviously only standing up for his "religious rights."

Again, perhaps his new slogan will be "Hajabs for all wanton temptresses er, also called, paying female customers."

Down with Tyranny!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join