It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho lawmakers kill bill to track child support deadbeats over fears of Sharia law ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: bluemooone2
The one statement being over looked!

“There is no specific language in the bill that would protect the rights of those dealing with parentage, child support and support orders from a foreign country that would contradict our laws here, ” said Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll (R). “There are other countries listed in the treaty—France, Belgium— that have recognized Sharia courts as quasi-courts. So I just feel that you should be aware of those facts.”

Now I am not an attorney, but it seems the Neocons on the right are becoming just as scared and subservient to Sharia as some of our current seated judges?

Sorry folks, but when we allow people from other countries into ours, they MUST abide by the same laws as us citizens do! Something is up with this one!

As far as those who are saying they don't get it?

Neither do I........

Just for the record, Muslims have been here since the beginning of the African Slave Trade. 15-30% of the Africans brought here were Muslims. So it's not even an issue of Muslims coming here & suddenly having to abide by any laws. We've already been here & are already abiding by the laws here. Just pointing that out since many people seem to overlook that fact.

As for the OP, the most telling part for me is the last paragraph of the article. It says:

In February, lawmakers narrowly passed a “parental rights” bill despite warnings from Republicans that it would allow parents to demand their child be taught in public school to follow Sharia law.

What is it with them and "Sharia Law"? It's like the new bogeyman they use to oppose stuff that has nothing to do with Islam.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: DOADOA

And all your friend had to post was "paternity test please".

That's what I said from the beginning but he love his boy too much and choose not to believe there is a possibility.

<< 1   >>

join