It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I'm glad you mentioned Soy. There is a great book online called
''The Whole Soy Truth''. The dark side of Americas favorite health food by Kaayla T.Daniel

Unfermented Soy will eventually kill you. Not to mention other things it damages within the human body.So mixed with a GMO substance we have no clue what may or may not be added into it as 'all the experts are owned by Corporations who rule over the food chain like some kind of royal gemstoned hat kings.

Also, did you ever wonder why their seeds commit suicide after each use? And why in Europe they're making it illegal to own heirloom seeds? Why would anyone want to dictate what people can eat or grow?

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428800517&sr=8-1&keywords=the+whole+soy+truth
edi t on 4/11/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Meant it in the best way possible sorry if i offended you i have a high respect for chefs i can only cook mild dishes..a reply to: jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So would you read this link
discredit it and say it's biased
edit on 11-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
So would you read this link
discredit it and say it's biased

Scary article. Is anything safe to eat? I mean most of our food is produced by these giant international corporations in bed with huge chemical companies.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No thanks .. will stick to eating real .. NON-modded food that I grow and catch myself .. not that gmo chemical filled rubbish that westerners think is food.. that # will kill you ..
Have noticed over the years .. in people who eat western food there is higher rates of diabetes .. cancer .. obesity .. heart disease .. stroke .. shorter lifespan as opposed to people in places that still raise grow and eat non-modded .. non chemical filled food ..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
No thanks .. will stick to eating real .. NON-modded food that I grow and catch myself .. not that gmo chemical filled rubbish that westerners think is food.. that # will kill you ..
Have noticed over the years .. in people who eat western food there is higher rates of diabetes .. cancer .. obesity .. heart disease .. stroke .. shorter lifespan as opposed to people in places that still raise grow and eat non-modded .. non chemical filled food ..

First, don't assume that all westerners eat packaged foods. Some of us grew up on farms. Second, I've been to South Korea, Taiwan, and Australia a few times EACH and they buy just as much packaged food as Americans.

Third, GMO does not mean chemical-filled. Don't make that middle-school level error.

Fourth, everything IS a chemical. Water, air, and vitamins are all chemicals.

Fifth, there is no evidence to support GMO food can kill anybody.

Science is your friend. Not stuff you read on facebook.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmidt1989

Funny havent had to treat any of the local hmong villagers for diabetes .. cancer .. heart disease .. strokes or obesity .. unlike in cities where people eat western # and the rates for all those illnesses have jumped astronomically ..

Dont use farcebook and never will .. as a physician have probably forgot more about anatomy and physiology than you will ever know junior so save your bull# for people stupid enough to believe it...

You are a no go at this station .. take your paper and move out ...
edit on 12/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmidt1989

originally posted by: Expat888

First, don't assume that all westerners eat packaged foods. Some of us grew up on farms. Second, I've been to South Korea, Taiwan, and Australia a few times EACH and they buy just as much packaged food as Americans.

Third, GMO does not mean chemical-filled. Don't make that middle-school level error.

Fourth, everything IS a chemical. Water, air, and vitamins are all chemicals.

Fifth, there is no evidence to support GMO food can kill anybody.

Science is your friend. Not stuff you read on facebook.

And You're an Environ-mental Consultant?
wow... nuff said.
edit on 4/12/2015 by awareness10 because: Aliens

edit on 4/12/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
a reply to: jude11
were talking about GMO , i guess youre referring to something about monsanto you read on the internet.

Yes, I am a Chef and Baker of raw foods, gluten free, organic, diabetic needs....more.

My 1st book in a series of 5 (can't link due to T&C) is just published. Gluten free artisan recipes AND ingredients. Believe me when I say...I know GMO.

Look thru my profile for numerous threads on the topic. I don't need the net to inform me as I prefer to use my personal knowledge on the issue.

I hope this raises enough doubt as to encourage some investigation. You seem to be open to going further on the topic so send me a PM for a ton of info if you want.

I'm open to discuss this anytime.

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

As a professional chef, baker and a resident of earth, NO. I know my food AND ingredients!

You are wrong in so many ways that it would take too many threads to inform you. But somehow, I think you already know....?

Here's a very simple choice:

1. Natural foods from our Mother Earth.

2, Frankencrap from corporations.

You choose.

Damn, I am pissed that this is still even an issue. Are you off your nut??????

Any half way intelligent human being gets it, and you don't? Are you being paid?

In my time here on ATS you are the 2nd person I have actually labelled as Troll.

With that being said, I could post hundreds of articles on here about GMOs. But a simple Google Scholar search is all you need to do to find a plethora of articles supporting ZERO evidence of negative effects of GMOs, and absolutely not a single article claiming that GMOs are bad.

Your articles come from paid shills while mine come from the people. Who the hell pays you? Therein lies your answer for shills.

A simple google scholar search? Are you delusional or just getting the dollars?

JUDE!!

Although I didn't expect this many replies to this post, yours was my favorite. How could you call yourself a chef with the ignorance that you've just shown? Have you ever cooked or eaten organic corn? It's a GMO. Eaten an organic apple? It's a GMO. I think it was Neil DeGrasse Tyson that said it best, and i'll paraphrase here: "If you wan't a true non-gmo apple, go eat a tiny crab apple. It's the only one."

Also, Google Scholar is a database, not some AngelFire website. Stop assuming that people that conflict with your ideas are being paid by someone. That's what poor, uneducated people do.

I'm guessing this is a troll thread trying to drive awareness to the term "transgenic GMO". You're right most every edible farm crop has been a result of genetic modification through crossbreeding and natural selection.

However, when it comes to transgenic GMO foods, the people consuming them are still part of the experiment, along with the full spectrum ecological systems that are growing them. There has not been enough time to form a solid opinion / result. That is why there is a debate.

And FYI any professional chef concerned about their profession knows that their job is to feed people quality food that will nourish them and not make them ill. Go see if you know any serious chefs that recommend margarine...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines

As a professional chef, baker and a resident of earth, NO. I know my food AND ingredients!

You are wrong in so many ways that it would take too many threads to inform you. But somehow, I think you already know....?

You choose.

Any half way intelligent human being gets it, and you don't? Are you being paid?

In my time here on ATS you are the 2nd person I have actually labelled as Troll.

With that being said, I could post hundreds of articles on here about GMOs. But a simple Google Scholar search is all you need to do to find a plethora of articles supporting ZERO evidence of negative effects of GMOs, and absolutely not a single article claiming that GMOs are bad.

Your articles come from paid shills while mine come from the people. Who the hell pays you? Therein lies your answer for shills.

JUDE!!

Although I didn't expect this many replies to this post, yours was my favorite. How could you call yourself a chef with the ignorance that you've just shown? Have you ever cooked or eaten organic corn? It's a GMO. Eaten an organic apple? It's a GMO. I think it was Neil DeGrasse Tyson that said it best, and i'll paraphrase here: "If you wan't a true non-gmo apple, go eat a tiny crab apple. It's the only one."

Also, Google Scholar is a database, not some AngelFire website. Stop assuming that people that conflict with your ideas are being paid by someone. That's what poor, uneducated people do.

I'm guessing this is a troll thread trying to drive awareness to the term "transgenic GMO". You're right most every edible farm crop has been a result of genetic modification through crossbreeding and natural selection.

However, when it comes to transgenic GMO foods, the people consuming them are still part of the experiment, along with the full spectrum ecological systems that are growing them. There has not been enough time to form a solid opinion / result. That is why there is a debate.

And FYI any professional chef concerned about their profession knows that their job is to feed people quality food that will nourish them and not make them ill. Go see if you know any serious chefs that recommend margarine...

WRONG. There hasn't been enough time? Have you seen a dog? It's the result of thousands of years of TRANSGENIC GMO. Also, GMO most certainly does not mean synthetic, so I'm unsure why you thought mentioning margarine was relevant.

Jude11, you are aware that Gluten-free foods are nothing more than a fad and your body has no problem breaking gluten down unless you have celiac's right? It's a marketing sham, like sugar-free foods.

Awareness10, yes I am. I have a bachelors in civil/environmental engineering and a masters in anthropology with a focus on human evolution and evolutionary diet.

Expat888, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Whatever your bastard parents must have done to create such a bitter, self-loathing human is sad news. I've got nothing more to say to you other than you're a hypocrite, and you should go play your online video games. Because all doctors are stuck in high school, right? Grow up, buy a book instead.
edit on 4/12/2015 by Schmidt1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You choose.

JUDE!!

Expat888, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Whatever your bastard parents must have done to create such a bitter, self-loathing human is sad news. I've got nothing more to say to you other than you're a hypocrite, and you should go play your online video games. Because all doctors are stuck in high school, right? Grow up, buy a book instead.

Whoa! Nothing in Expat888's posts on this thread deserve such a nasty, intentionally insulting response.

Who needs to grow up?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
Monsanto couldn't get a patent approved for GMO broccoli in Europe so they did this. www.naturalnews.com...

As far as I know, GMO Broccoli has not been approved in the USA. Now, they have modified it but haven't crossed the kingdom barrier yet. This may have recently changed though, the info I found was from late 2013

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Cuervo
Monsanto couldn't get a patent approved for GMO broccoli in Europe so they did this. www.naturalnews.com...

As far as I know, GMO Broccoli has not been approved in the USA. Now, they have modified it but haven't crossed the kingdom barrier yet. This may have recently changed though, the info I found was from late 2013

This is important news. Most people laugh at you if you mention the New World Order, but I believe the plan is real. The people behind this plan to eventually own and control everything on the planet.

To place patents on naturally occurring seeds is just morally wrong. It's a clear sign they plan to control everything.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: QuailSeed

Control the food and water and you control the world.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You choose.

JUDE!!

WRONG. There hasn't been enough time? Have you seen a dog? It's the result of thousands of years of TRANSGENIC GMO. Also, GMO most certainly does not mean synthetic, so I'm unsure why you thought mentioning margarine was relevant.

Since you don't seem to know what transgenic means, here is the definition:

of, relating to, or denoting an organism that contains genetic material into which DNA from an unrelated organism has been artificially introduced

I don't think dogs have had DNA artificially introduced from an unrelated organism.... However transgenic GMO foods DO have genes from unrelated species. There is a clear difference between selective breeding and artificial transgenic manipulation. This is why I called you out as a troll since you still clearly do not know the difference.

As for the comment of margarine, this is a Food forum and like I said, any chef worth their salt would choose butter over margarine for an ingredient -- same with a chef choosing organic ingredients over transgenic GMO ingredients.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Yeah, I've lost interest. Someone can go ahead and close this now.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Why is that? You didn't know the difference between transgenics and selective breeding (which is technically genetically modified, but not artificially)?

Or was this really a troll thread the whole time?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Why is that? You didn't know the difference between transgenics and selective breeding (which is technically genetically modified, but not artificially)?

Or was this really a troll thread the whole time?

Ya got me! I've sat on ATS for over 10 years, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting until the perfect moment to unleash my troll thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join