It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Wakes Up From Coma to Find She's Had Her Baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why the Relationship forum?

Watch the vid:

Sharista Giles was five months pregnant when a car accident left her in a coma in December. Doctors originally told her family that the she would never wake up, but on Wednesday, the 20-year-old opened her eyes, her aunt told ABC News. "The doctors were telling us there was nothing else they could do," said Beverly Giles, 49, of Madisonville, Tennessee. "They already gave up hope. We never gave up. She's fought this hard." abcnews.go.com...

Now how cool is that ATS?

Doctors were forced to deliver the baby prematurely in January, but Sharista's family hasn't named him yet. For now, they call him "Baby L," Giles said, adding that he was less than two pounds when he was born, but now weighs 6 pounds and 4 ounces.

Sharista blinked, gave her family members' hands a squeeze when they tickled her and followed her father around with her eyes, Giles said. "He showed her a picture of her baby, and she followed the picture," she said.

"When he turned around to put it back on the bulletin board, she turned her neck, her whole head trying to follow and find the picture again."

I am so hoping she comes out of this completely and believe that now she possibly knows she has a child it's going to be the pull she needs from the dark.

I'm short on words and many know me for being the opposite. So I'll just say C'mon Sharista...Wake up!

Send her your positive thoughts people...She needs everything you got and the little guy needs her.

Jude11

edit on 11-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I love it how doctors say that so and so won't wake up and the person does. I'm glad she did. I'm sure the baby will help her get back to where she was.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What a heart wrenching situation. Oh I am so sending my deepest thoughts for her to awaken. They need to put that baby in with her where she can feel him for real then she'll be yanked right out of her coma, we dare to hope. Please keep us informed of her progress?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
What a heart wrenching situation. Oh I am so sending my deepest thoughts for her to awaken. They need to put that baby in with her where she can feel him for real then she'll be yanked right out of her coma, we dare to hope. Please keep us informed of her progress?

Yeah, I would put that little Dude right on her chest for sleepy time.

Somehow I believe she'll know. So will the little guy.

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Whew... as long as she wasn't impregnated while in a coma, then it's heartwarming.

Otherwise, it would echo Saturday night at a paternity hou... er, I mean Fraternity House.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh wow. Big prayers out to her.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow. I'm glad they were able to save the baby and hope that she is able to make a full recovery. Hopefully the baby will be able to be brought to her soon!

new topics

top topics

join