It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoils of War: How Private Military Contractors Legally Steal From Taxpayers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
$45 for a six pack of coke, $100 for a bag of shoddily washed laundry...all for the troops huh? Think this is the whole of it? Think again only AFTER watching.

I know it's an older doc but I also know that many might not know of it. Well, now you do.

I'm not a supporter of war nor am I a backer of the Military as many know. But, what I am dead set against are politicians taking advantage of a system paid for by the tax payers while those that are in charge of those funds either look the other way or reap rewards in back rooms.

War is money and that's why we are heading into WW3...America is broke and needs some cash. At least the politicians will profit well. You...not so much.

War companies like Halliburton and Kellogg Brown and Root use "cost plus" arrangements to legally steal from taxpayers. This must-watch clip is from the documentary film, "Iraq For Sale"

www.activistpost.com...

Teaser:

Full:

Banned exerpts:

What is more insane is that it's called "Legal Profit". And who makes it legal? Those that pocket that "Legal Profit" of course.

Not us.

Jude11

edit on 11-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

And we wonder why anytime the idea of cutting the defense budget is presented you are a no good American hating troop resenting isis sympathizer dog kicking apple pie hating commie.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And we wonder why anytime the idea of cutting the defense budget is presented you are a no good American hating troop resenting isis sympathizer dog kicking apple pie hating commie.

Who? Me?

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good post ! Star and Flag !

I think Major General Butler sums it up best.

War is a Racket - Major General Butler

And a close 2nd is Eisenhower's warning.

Eisenhower's warning about the Military Industrial Complex

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

To that point why Ron Paul was made out to be this horrible person. What a radical idea to cut the defense budget.
Oh wow he is so on the fringe. (haha)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Wouldn't be surprised if some one comes in and says you have no idea what you are talking about and this type of spending is crucial to national defense.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well the President that started this crap pushed for privatization and have civilians do the job that the military should be doing themselves. Also it doesn't hurt that the vp used to be the CEO of Halliburton and don't forget about the no bid contract that was given to them.
edit on 11-4-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
double post
edit on 11-4-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well, of course, no one is going to be shocked by this. This is what the government does, bend the taxpayer over, screw the troops, waste billions. Inept and corrupt evil people on both sides in our lovely government...

I really think we need term limits.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Well the President that started this crap pushed for privatization and have civilians do the job that the military should be doing themselves. Also it doesn't hurt that the vp used to be the CEO of Halliburton and don't forget about the no bid contract that was given to them.

Yeah I remember all that as well.

Nice to be guaranteed a contract which is the real license to steal.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ya they made a couple bucks over there too.

Was a pretty sweet deal for them.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I remember when the Military would help communities all over the country with their bases. Now they chose to help some military contractors with very expensive contracts to get rich. What a change in policy for the worse.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

Well, of course, no one is going to be shocked by this. This is what the government does, bend the taxpayer over, screw the troops, waste billions. Inept and corrupt evil people on both sides in our lovely government...

So if no one is shocked...What the hell is the REAL problem?

Choices:

1. The people are not shocked but stay silent as they are used, abused and enslaved.

Actually, that's all I have. Pick one!

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'll go with #1.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

More than term limits, we need people who are willing to do the right things when they get in office. Otherwise we'll just have one corrupt person handing the reins over to another one. They can even use the 4 to 8 yrs in govt as a way to prove themselves to their future employers (like they already do with lobbying firms).

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Obviously defeatist attitude but what can we the people truly do?
Remove and replace one corrupted congress man/women for the next?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

We can actually run for office ourselves. That and/or support other independent candidates who feel the same way. Otherwise we're just waiting for some "great new saviors" to come save us. And you see how that's working out.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well the President that started this crap pushed for privatization and have civilians do the job that the military should be doing

You mean President Bush, that was one of the centerpieces of his administration.

Big Business causes most of the problems in this world, and religions causes the rest.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

We can actually run for office ourselves. That and/or support other independent candidates who feel the same way. Otherwise we're just waiting for some "great new saviors" to come save us. And you see how that's working out.

You need money.

The American Presidency is bought, not elected.

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yupp, no way we Joe Schmo gets to the 1600&Penn with out some serious cheese.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join