It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first Holographic protest against new Spanish Gag Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Meanwhile in Spain, the World's first Holographic protest has taken place against the introduction of new draconian measures to prevent people from protesting against the Government.

How has a member country of the E.U been allowed to introduce these laws, without contravening the Human Rights of its citizens?

The draconian law, which was passed in the lower house of parliament in December, gives sweeping powers to the authorities. It makes it illegal to protest outside government buildings, insult police officers or refuse to show identification documents. On top of that, there's also a €600 fine for showing a lack of respect to anyone in uniform, while the photographing or filming of police officers, where they could be put in danger, will incur a €30,000 fine

Coming to your country any day soon?

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978 A return to Franco?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Now that is a very creative solution to totalitarian nonsense.

I am sure they are working on holographic riot police as we speak.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Well V for Vendetta pretty much shows the future of Europe, the rise of Neo Fascists in Europe. Just look at France with Front National and Spain with the law they just introduced.

Sooner or later we will hear this slogan "Strength Through Unity, Unity through Faith."
edit on 11-4-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I wouldn't have thought so as Spain relies heavily on tourism. I appreciate they have been put through the wringer of late and there have been lots of protests, but this does allude to fascist tendencies.

The law also protects the banking systems though and prevents people protesting any banking establishment.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The draconian law, which was passed in the lower house of parliament in December, gives sweeping powers to the authorities. It makes it illegal to protest outside government buildings, insult police officers or refuse to show identification documents. On top of that, there's also a €600 fine for showing a lack of respect to anyone in uniform, while the photographing or filming of police officers, where they could be put in danger, will incur a €30,000 fine

Coming soon to a Country near you.

The US is salivating over how fast they can get there and Canada will follow like the little puppy it is. And that's only this little side of the Globe.

Then...The World.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

One of the coolest things I have ever seen.......Bravo Spain. When laws like this are put on the books the masters are getting nervous.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I don't see the benefit. Real people, real protest is what they need.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

They're not allowed to protest anymore, that's the point.

However, if every citizen decided enough was enough and came out onto the streets to protest, then the Government wouldn't stand a chance surely?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes. they need to ignore their draconian government. They have nothing to lose now , no food, no job, nothing.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Without my glasses I thought you said "a return to Fresno", which is the 2nd armpit capital of CA.

Sure hope Franco isn't back!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

TPTB are smart that is why they make laws like this. The average person can not afford being arrested or afford paying heavy fine. This is the root reason why citizens never really speak out in mass until things are so bad it does not matter anymore.

Side note.....It is also the reason why the founders of the US put such safety nets for protest into the constitution. They new this simple truth 300 years ago.
edit on 11-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So... where are all the holographic riot police? Somebody's got to virtually stop this!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is why I think Spain will be where the powder keg goes off. The leaders are dangerously disconnected from reality and seem to like retarded heavy handed tactics. The people enjoyed and are used to a HIGH level of freedom and democracy. They are very resourceful and VERY passionate. There are still people who opposed the Franco regime alive and well (took up arms).

There are still people around who MADE the democratic government who are alive and well. They were not scared of reprisals under a DICTATORSHIP when it mattered and now are only more skilled in their crafts as leaders. Replace them, kill them even..... millions will take their place. Its culture not individuals.

You might as well just kill off all of Spain off or start to listen. Dont miss ONE, or dont ignore even ONE.

The mix is unbelievably dangerous for Europe.

If I were Berlin I would make a special case for reduced austerity. When Spain explodes Europe will.

edit on 4 11 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In the days of Franco, being on a beach after dark could get you shot on sight. Invasion paranoia.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
In the days of Franco, being on a beach after dark could get you shot on sight. Invasion paranoia.

Why people had to be on the beach at night in the days of Franco?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

This is why I think Spain will be where the powder keg goes off.

I believe that too. Just wait until they start to put restrictions on spanish immigration to other countries. They'll have to stand and fight.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

So... where are all the holographic riot police? Somebody's got to virtually stop this!

Now that was funny

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman They didn't have to be on the beach. If they were on the beach, they had to make sure they were off by sundown. No evening beach parties, lover's trysts, night fishing, etc. Everyone knew the law but some still found themselves dead.

top topics

join