It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Meteorologists Predict 19 tropical cyclones in the Pacific, 7 in the Atlantic This Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Wait for an"official statement" from US meteorologist and FEMA if you want. Seems enough time to get ready. Mother Nature combined with EL Niño this summer will hit us from both sides. Lots of water coming I guess.

(CNN Mexico) - Mexican Pacific will have up to 19 cyclones in the hurricane season that begins in May, a number that exceeds the historical average of 14 temporary for that coast, said Friday the National Water Commission (Conagua).
Forecasters predicted Conagua Pacific tropical storms have eight seven major hurricanes (Category 1 and 2) and four major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or even 5).
Meanwhile, the Atlantic Coast, comprising the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea, recorded seven cyclones, of which four can be tropical storm and three hurricanes. This is below the historical average of 11 for this region number.
These are projections, so you can vary the number and intensity he said Conagua through the National Weather Service (NWS).

www.cnnmexico.com...
edit on 11-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I pray CA gets some drought relief from all of this weather activity.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Whats new?! In the Pacific typhoon slams a yearly count of letters A - Z the least.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I pray CA gets some drought relief from all of this weather activity.

Yeah, I guess now you'll have all the water you need. Maybe too much.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAmPhoeniX07

What?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAmPhoeniX07

Whats new?! In the Pacific typhoon slams a yearly count of letters A - Z the least.

It's a predicition that needs to be reported, commented and considered by the people that will be affected. Will you be happy if meteorologists don't say nothing?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What? What? Huh?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I pray for the same...in fact I have been praying for several days...that CA gets a lot of rain...we just need to keep praying!

As for all of those cyclones...I hope and pray they don't happen...and if some of them do happen...that no one gets hurt.

edit on 2015-04-11T11:30:49-05:00amSaturdayam1120154America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ha? Thats not prediction. Thats history!
Thats the yearly average. Your news is basically normal.
Google it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAmPhoeniX07

Ha? Thats not prediction. Thats history!
Thats the yearly average. Your news is basically normal.
Google it.

It is a prediction. That's what meteorologists do. They predict weather.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

May be. But what im saying is a historical trend.
Just saying. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IAmPhoeniX07

Pog mo thoin!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yep, would be nice for them to travel up the Pacific coast and dump some up here. Though, it was an El Nino winter and we got dribbles.... not a normal El Nino effect.

Weather patterns are changing dramatically and I've heard will get more intense; higher winds, colder colds, hotter hots, and wetter wets. We'll need to adjust

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I don't know since when FEMA started predicting the weather, I thought the reports/predictions came from NOAA, and for the pacific side the JTWC when it comes to typhoons.

At any rate, 19 is a bit on the low count for the Pacific side.. Usually the predictions are 20-25+ per year, so 19 is a nice low prediction.

Edit: I can't help but ask - why is CNN any more credible than a government agency?
edit on 12-4-2015 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines

Edit: I can't help but ask - why is CNN any more credible than a government agency?

Hahahaha....!

new topics

top topics

join