It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoid earth looks round if you add the surface of the water to it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I found this video of the true shape of the earth. I was told that with the surface of the water it looks more round. would that be true?

there is a great controversy around the true shape of the earth.

I have one question why does the UN flag depict the earth all on one plane and not show Antarctica?

edit on 11-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A wild guess on why Antarctica is not on the United Nations flag.

The UN flag is supposed to represent all the countries of the world, and imho Antarctica is not a country or nation.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If only we had millions of pictures taken from outer space showing what Earth really looks like.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: beercan

I call dibs on Antarctica!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I found this video of the true shape of the earth. I was told that with the surface of the water it looks more round. would that be true?

Have you ever considered the Earth itself is partially emerged from a black hole, and water is nothing more than the event horizon? My bet is. If you did the math, you'd find the gravity increases by depth you're in with water correlated directly to that which would be predicted within a black hole for an object the size of Earth.

It's a 'globe'/elliptical because of the effects of gravity associated with the black hole we're partially emerged from, and really nothing more.

I have one question why does the UN flag depict the earth all on one plane and not show Antarctica?

Santa Claus drew the original maps for the UN. There werent any children in Antarctica so he just left it out.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The oceans are constantly being pulled by the gravity of the moon, so it actually has a oval shape.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

Doesn't the atmosphere and gravity play a big role in how the water on earth is put in place? Also, what about the water in the air? (clouds, moisture, etc).

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

a little critical thinking goes a long way :

the diameter of earth = 12,742 km

the maximum land elevation [ ASL ] - above sea level = 8,848 m

the deepest ocean depth = 10,994 m

ergo - if " viewed " with " no water " the maximum ecentricity = 19842m

can you , visually - REALLY tell the diffeence between :

12751 km

AND

12732 km

?????????????????????? .

ergo - the vid is utter twaddle

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

now we have established that the OP is flat wrog - lets look a what his vid actually shows :

its the GOCE Geoid projection of the earth :

in short its a map of the gravity feild an mass-cons of the earth - and how the effects of gravity are different to what an homogenous oblate spheroid would be

here is a vid explaining its mission and data :

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vexati0n

Have you got two pics?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

there is a great controversy around the true shape of the earth.

I wasn't aware there had ever been any sort of controversy about it's shape? It's always been known as an oblate spheroid that is about 40 miles fatter round the equator than it is round the poles.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

oh yeah there is this flat earth group, and the round earth groups and then there is the geoid group and all their views are different.

new topics

top topics

join