It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart: “What mystery? She died on Saipan!” – The Greatest Coverup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
Sorry but you are all late to the Amelia parade.
More and more evidence is being found that suggest she did land next to an island.

Plane fragment identified.
This one group is dedicated to finding her plane.

Exactly correct.

There was already a fair amount of circumstantial evidence that she was alive for some time on Nikumaroro island and the aluminum patch is unquestionably from the Electra.

This is ATS so I would point out that in itself is more empirical evidence than exists for extraterrestrial visitation and Bigfoot combined...

edit on 11-4-2015 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

Very cool story

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19225386]Telos[/
edit on 11-4-2015 by ChiefD because: Never mind

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You had me up until "black hole". Your gramps sure knew how to BS, didn't he? Even you buy a campfire tale without fail.

She could have been captured, sure, but I really think we'd have had solid proof crop up from the era by now. I think it's more likely she died exactly where we think she & Noonan landed, as less exciting a notion as stranded on an uninhabited island is.

I "had" you?

I was never fishing, my friend.

On that note. No, my grandfather was about as calm and mild mannered a straight-shooter of a man as you could find - who was also an incredibly hard worker. You could say he single handedly put Redondo Beach, California on the map and built Southern California from the ground up with his own hands in a very wealthy construction firm he built up once he 'retired' from military service.

My family has gotten pretty good at hiding our tracks and what we do if it's any consolation ;-)

For no other reason than some stories need to be told....

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: universalbri

Not to pee on your parade. But no, we don't all know she died in the Pacific.

My grandfather was navy intel - and part of a recon unit during World War 2 - and spent most of his time laying down in the cleared out tailgunner section of a then modern day bomber - who in 1943 was ordered by the brass to do recon for Amelia Earnhardt's plane in the Bermuda Triangle.

Was always known that Amelia's plane dissapeared somewhere in the Pacific. I don't know why your grandfather was asked to do a recon 6 years after she vanished and I also am surprised that you say we don't all know she died in the Pacific. This is the official story line: Amelia Earhart dissapeared in the Pacific on July 2 1937!!!

During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island. Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day.

ayup. That's the (Richard Nixon air quote) official (end Richard Nixon Air Quote) story alrighty.

And it's *cough cough* never changed *cough cough*.

(post by universalbri removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

My grandfather was navy intel - and part of a recon unit during World War 2 - and spent most of his time laying down in the cleared out tailgunner section of a then modern day bomber - who in 1943 was ordered by the brass to do recon for Amelia Earnhardt's plane in the Bermuda Triangle.

Was always known that Amelia's plane dissapeared somewhere in the Pacific. I don't know why your grandfather was asked to do a recon 6 years after she vanished and I also am surprised that you say we don't all know she died in the Pacific. This is the official story line: Amelia Earhart dissapeared in the Pacific on July 2 1937!!!

During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island. Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day.

ayup. That's the (Richard Nixon air quote) official (end Richard Nixon Air Quote) story alrighty.

And it's *cough cough* never changed *cough cough*.

I'm not sure I'm following you. So far I'm getting that you like to cough.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wow I've never heard this version of her story before and I gotta say it's pretty interesting and makes a lot of sense why they'd cover it up.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

We all know the story of the great Amelia Earhart, the first female aviator who vanished in the Pacific in July 2 1937. Ever since her dissapearence has been shrouded in mystery. No trace of her and her plane was ever founded. Theories of her vanishing varied from her dipping into pacific waters, landing on the desolated island, living with cannibals etc. However to this days, there are no real indication to what happened to her. Until maybe now. But before for the members who might not know nothing about her, here is an excerpt from wikipedia:

Amelia Mary Earhart (/ˈɛərhɑrt/; July 24, 1897 – disappeared July 2, 1937) was an American aviation pioneer and author.Earhart was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.She received the U.S. Distinguished Flying Cross for this record. She set many other records,wrote best-selling books about her flying experiences and was instrumental in the formation of The Ninety-Nines, an organization for female pilots.Earhart joined the faculty of the Purdue University aviation department in 1935 as a visiting faculty member to counsel women on careers and help inspire others with her love for aviation. She was also a member of the National Woman's Party, and an early supporter of the Equal Rights Amendment.

During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island. Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day...

And now the news:

A story that has been suppressed by the mainstream media for quite some time is that of the research of Ken McKinney. The following article from the hiddeninjesus blog, has some great links that provide some pretty convincing evidence that Amelia Earhart not only survived her crash, but was captured by the Japanese, jailed, and lived for many years before dying.

Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan, according to Saipanese villagers and American military eyewitnesses, ended up in a Japanese jail in Saipan.

LINK

As he learned - and told me a few years before he died - the United States had way too many aircraft and vessels being lost in the region, and the amount was increasing yearly. This was regarded as a 'national natural threat' - some theorized a black hole was forming - and - particularly with someone of Amelia's fame - they found it necessary to 'spin' a new story shifting the location of her 'disappearance' to the Pacific from the Atlantic to mitigate the potential of contributing 'more' to the Bermuda Triangle's formation by documented proof of it's existence. It was a 'crazy' theory that thought created reality back then.

Already at the time they'd been keenly aware of 'consensus' reality, which is why i laughed at your comment about 'what we know'. Speak for yourself, bub, you do not speak for the collective masses.

In any case, in 1946, three years after being tasked with the recon - and clearly not their only job during the war - they wound up finding the aircraft, and immediately found evidence of pieces and holes in the aircraft where material had appeared to flat out vanish, not disappear, not erode, but vanish. On closer examination - the cause of the crash was determined to be holes had developed in the engine and comm systems which caused an immediate seizure of the engine with no capability to call for help, which asserted the scientific theorizing at the time of it being some form of black hole.

Since there was too much controversy of releasing the aircraft in 'this form' - with 'clean' holes' in it's structure - and too many questions already involved with what had 'just happened' with World War 2 - to this day the aircraft is being held at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, where they used it to eventually study microfractures and harden space vehicles for space flight understanding this may not be uncommon.

Eventually they did release the plane's propeller to the city which made her most famous - Hollywood - under the strict guidelines that it not be released that it was actually hers - where they dedicated the North Hollywood Library to her and actually have the propeller mounted above the front entrance as you walk in.

My grandfather was knee deep into weird # like this. Like grandfather. Like Father. Like son I guess you could say. It runs in the family. It still, in my opinion, doesn't beat the time he and his wife was evacuated from Egypt when a revolution broke out - but that story can come another day.

Captured and jailed by the Japanese? Jesus. What will you conspiracy nuts think of next to try to make this world look like a tribe of violent jihadists or unabombers? Don't answer that. Please.

Live long. and Prosper.
Dude, her flight was no where near the Bermuda Triangle.

(post by universalbri removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Instead of your usual self-important post where you pretend you have some super-secret knowledge, how's about refuting the post you reply to? How could Earhart possibly have crashed in the Bermuda Triangle when she was flying over a completely different ocean?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Considering that we can't find a freaking satellite tracked 777 with assets that outpace anything built the past 50 years, I highly doubt that a small red plane can be found in the middle of the ocean by the standards of 1937. She crashed in the middle of the ocean and like MH 370 will probably never been found unless someone is lucky and can still recognize the remains of the aircraft.

Look at the Titanic - six time the size of an Airbus A380 or 15x times the size of a 777 - it took 70 years to find it and we had almost the exact location.

Be realistic and stop spreading these rumor stories. Some things are just what they are and nothing will change that.
edit on 13-4-2015 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
When I was a kid we'd often visit a WWII vet named Bob Parker, he was a Colonel in the Air Force and ran many missions in the South Pacific and fought against many Japanese fighters, and even Kamakasie, and as far as I know was the most decorated solider in Denver. He's long since died. Anyhow, I remember once him talking about an Amelia Earheart conspiracy. I don't have any idea if it's true, it probably isn't. But he said there was evidence that she actually flew her plane to the Japanese before the war so they could use it to design aircraft to fight the American air force and navy, as they couldn't get their own tech right.

Of course he went into a lot more detail about the subject, but I was a kid at the time and never paid it much attention, it didn't interest me that much at the time anyway.

The Bermuda Triangle story I think is just pure fantasy. At least this theory of Bob's made a little more sense.

On a side note, Amelia Earheart's granddaughter, Amelia Earheart, was a weather forcaster for many years for channel 9 News in Denver.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thought I'd post this here:

New book claims Amelia Earhart was taken prisoner by Japanese during WWII

It seems plausible. Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Did you ask any US veterans of battles they fought in the Marianas (including Saipan) in World War II if they conceded that rumors of Amelia Earhart and her navigator disappearing because they were held captive by the Japanese at Saipan were false and/or lacking hard evidence given that they probably mistook a number of Japanese transport aircraft for the Model 10 Electra flown by Earhart and Noonan?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join