It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart: “What mystery? She died on Saipan!” – The Greatest Coverup?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We all know the story of the great Amelia Earhart, the first female aviator who vanished in the Pacific in July 2 1937. Ever since her dissapearence has been shrouded in mystery. No trace of her and her plane was ever founded. Theories of her vanishing varied from her dipping into pacific waters, landing on the desolated island, living with cannibals etc. However to this days, there are no real indication to what happened to her. Until maybe now. But before for the members who might not know nothing about her, here is an excerpt from wikipedia:

Amelia Mary Earhart (/ˈɛərhɑrt/; July 24, 1897 – disappeared July 2, 1937) was an American aviation pioneer and author.Earhart was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.She received the U.S. Distinguished Flying Cross for this record. She set many other records,wrote best-selling books about her flying experiences and was instrumental in the formation of The Ninety-Nines, an organization for female pilots.Earhart joined the faculty of the Purdue University aviation department in 1935 as a visiting faculty member to counsel women on careers and help inspire others with her love for aviation. She was also a member of the National Woman's Party, and an early supporter of the Equal Rights Amendment.

During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island. Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day...

And now the news:

A story that has been suppressed by the mainstream media for quite some time is that of the research of Ken McKinney. The following article from the hiddeninjesus blog, has some great links that provide some pretty convincing evidence that Amelia Earhart not only survived her crash, but was captured by the Japanese, jailed, and lived for many years before dying.

Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan, according to Saipanese villagers and American military eyewitnesses, ended up in a Japanese jail in Saipan.

LINK
edit on 11-4-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Wow, just wow....... If true.

The proof is questionable, but definitely up there with the other theories.

Good find, let's see what our other members of ATS think

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This story has been around for a long time and I have serious doubts. Why would the United states cover up her story when they readily showed as many japanese atrocities as they could find?
The death march
The Philippines stories
What makes this one so special that it would be covered up?

I think she died by running out of fuel and crashing, maybe we may find out some day.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I went to the linked site and read the story about Earhart. It was interesting and appeared to have several sources that have remained generally unknown.

Then I went to read on that same site a rather long and detailed article about the supposed failed nuclear attacked we recently attempted on Russia back on March 9th of this year. I'm afraid that the credibility of the second story reflects back upon the other.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Then I went to read on that same site a rather long and detailed article about the supposed failed nuclear attacked we recently attempted on Russia back on March 9th of this year. I'm afraid that the credibility of the second story reflects back upon the other.

The site actually is not coming up with its own story. Just relating to other sources. In fact Ken McKinney claim about Saipan is not that new. Here is an article from 2009:

"I lived in Saipan for 13 years through the 90’s and into mid 2000. Having lived there so long, I heard stories about Amelia Earhart being executed on the Island of Saipan. I have also been to the old Japanese jail on many occasions. One story I heard and have never seen in print, was a story told to me by a WW II Veteran who spoke of his experiences during the war.

The year was 1994 and I had attended a veterans reception party for returning Vets for the 50th Commemoration of the Invasion of Saipan. I met one Veteran, however I don’t recall his name or the exact branch of services he served in, but I believe it was with the U.S. Army. This man related his experiences to me and was quite adamant about a story of the U.S. Armed Forces capturing the airfield. As he continued his story, he stated that he was with one of the first squads to arrive at the airport. As he and his squad were inspecting the airport looking for the enemy, they came across a hanger that had been damaged, but not too heavily, by the bombing that had occurred during the invasion.

www.wingsoverkansas.com...

So despite your doubts about newswire as a credible website, the story is not theirs.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Because she was beloved by all and because they can cover it up.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

S+F interesting stuff, I look forward to your next post

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
We all know the story of the great Amelia Earhart, the first female aviator who vanished in the Pacific in July 2 1937. Ever since her dissapearence has been shrouded in mystery. No trace of her and her plane was ever founded. Theories of her vanishing varied from her dipping into pacific waters, landing on the desolated island, living with cannibals etc. However to this days, there are no real indication to what happened to her. Until maybe now. But before for the members who might not know nothing about her, here is an excerpt from wikipedia:

Amelia Mary Earhart (/ˈɛərhɑrt/; July 24, 1897 – disappeared July 2, 1937) was an American aviation pioneer and author.Earhart was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.She received the U.S. Distinguished Flying Cross for this record. She set many other records,wrote best-selling books about her flying experiences and was instrumental in the formation of The Ninety-Nines, an organization for female pilots.Earhart joined the faculty of the Purdue University aviation department in 1935 as a visiting faculty member to counsel women on careers and help inspire others with her love for aviation. She was also a member of the National Woman's Party, and an early supporter of the Equal Rights Amendment.

During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island. Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day...

And now the news:

A story that has been suppressed by the mainstream media for quite some time is that of the research of Ken McKinney. The following article from the hiddeninjesus blog, has some great links that provide some pretty convincing evidence that Amelia Earhart not only survived her crash, but was captured by the Japanese, jailed, and lived for many years before dying.

Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan, according to Saipanese villagers and American military eyewitnesses, ended up in a Japanese jail in Saipan.

LINK

Not to pee on your parade. But no, we don't all know she died in the Pacific.

My grandfather was navy intel - and part of a recon unit during World War 2 - and spent most of his time laying down in the cleared out tailgunner section of a then modern day bomber - who in 1943 was ordered by the brass to do recon for Amelia Earnhardt's plane in the Bermuda Triangle.

As he learned - and told me a few years before he died - the United States had way too many aircraft and vessels being lost in the region, and the amount was increasing yearly. This was regarded as a 'national natural threat' - some theorized a black hole was forming - and - particularly with someone of Amelia's fame - they found it necessary to 'spin' a new story shifting the location of her 'disappearance' to the Pacific from the Atlantic to mitigate the potential of contributing 'more' to the Bermuda Triangle's formation by documented proof of it's existence. It was a 'crazy' theory that thought created reality back then.

Already at the time they'd been keenly aware of 'consensus' reality, which is why i laughed at your comment about 'what we know'. Speak for yourself, bub, you do not speak for the collective masses.

In any case, in 1946, three years after being tasked with the recon - and clearly not their only job during the war - they wound up finding the aircraft, and immediately found evidence of pieces and holes in the aircraft where material had appeared to flat out vanish, not disappear, not erode, but vanish. On closer examination - the cause of the crash was determined to be holes had developed in the engine and comm systems which caused an immediate seizure of the engine with no capability to call for help, which asserted the scientific theorizing at the time of it being some form of black hole.

Since there was too much controversy of releasing the aircraft in 'this form' - with 'clean' holes' in it's structure - and too many questions already involved with what had 'just happened' with World War 2 - to this day the aircraft is being held at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, where they used it to eventually study microfractures and harden space vehicles for space flight understanding this may not be uncommon.

Eventually they did release the plane's propeller to the city which made her most famous - Hollywood - under the strict guidelines that it not be released that it was actually hers - where they dedicated the North Hollywood Library to her and actually have the propeller mounted above the front entrance as you walk in.

My grandfather was knee deep into weird # like this. Like grandfather. Like Father. Like son I guess you could say. It runs in the family. It still, in my opinion, doesn't beat the time he and his wife was evacuated from Egypt when a revolution broke out - but that story can come another day.

Captured and jailed by the Japanese? Jesus. What will you conspiracy nuts think of next to try to make this world look like a tribe of violent jihadists or unabombers? Don't answer that. Please.

Live long. and Prosper.
edit on 2015411.0 by universalbri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

You had me up until "black hole". Your gramps sure knew how to BS, didn't he? Even you buy a campfire tale without fail.

She could have been captured, sure, but I really think we'd have had solid proof crop up from the era by now. I think it's more likely she died exactly where we think she & Noonan landed, as less exciting a notion as stranded on an uninhabited island is.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

Not to pee on your parade. But no, we don't all know she died in the Pacific.

My grandfather was navy intel - and part of a recon unit during World War 2 - and spent most of his time laying down in the cleared out tailgunner section of a then modern day bomber - who in 1943 was ordered by the brass to do recon for Amelia Earnhardt's plane in the Bermuda Triangle.

Was always known that Amelia's plane dissapeared somewhere in the Pacific. I don't know why your grandfather was asked to do a recon 6 years after she vanished and I also am surprised that you say we don't all know she died in the Pacific. This is the official story line: Amelia Earhart dissapeared in the Pacific on July 2 1937!!!

During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island. Fascination with her life, career and disappearance continues to this day.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sorry but you are all late to the Amelia parade.
More and more evidence is being found that suggest she did land next to an island.

Plane fragment identified.
This one group is dedicated to finding her plane.
edit on 11-4-2015 by samkent because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is not a new story - - speculation.

There just wasn't any concrete proof.

But, I believe recently her plane has been found and identified - - or at least part of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

But, I believe recently her plane has been found and identified - - or at least part of it.

The story that you are referring too is not related to the one I've posted. And in the regard of your story, the plane of Earhart has never been found. Just a slab of aluminum thought to be part of her plane.

Researchers probing the 1937 disappearance of famed American aviator Amelia Earhart's plane said on Wednesday they now believe a slab of aluminum found decades ago on an uninhabited island in the Pacific Ocean came from her aircraft.

The warped piece of metal was uncovered on a 1991 voyage to the island of Nikumaroro in the Republic of Kiribati by The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR), which has spent millions of dollars searching for Earhart's plane in a project that has involved hundreds of people.

"We don't understand how that patch got busted out of (the plane) and ended up on the island where we found it, but we have the patch, we have a piece of Earhart's aircraft," TIGHAR executive director Ric Gillespie said.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The story that you are referring too is not related to the one I've posted. And in the regard of your story, the plane of Earhart has never been found. Just a slab of aluminum thought to be part of her plane.

Is that the one from the repair?

The repair piece was a lighter color?

Sorry, I need to go fully read it myself. Got lazy.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And in the regard of your story, the plane of Earhart has never been found. Just a slab of aluminum thought to be part of her plane.

...but one of the links that you cited refers to her plane having been found and deliberately destroyed ... Wings Over Kansas
So what gives?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If I remember correctly there were witness who it is claimed saw her or a western woman matching her description being beheaded by the Japanese army.

Now the story goes that she may have been asked to overfly the sensitive island and take photo's by the US intelligence service who were worried about growing Japanese military deployment's, that when she may have been captured they would not want anyone to know as they could have saved her by dealing with the Japanese but in the event left her to die at there hand's.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

sounds like pa pa could spin a good yarn couldn't he.
and yall just ate that up, didn't you.

or maybe your the story teller, who knows. it is known for a fact that the area of the Bermuda Triangle was well known as far back as 1492 starting with columbus.

there were many U.S. Navy ships reported missing in the area.here is a short list
1.U.S.S. Insurgent 1779
2.USS General Gates 1779/1780 seen both dates.
3.U.S.S. Pickering 1800
4. U.S.S Wasp 1814
5.USS Lynx listed missing in1820, have seen it said that it was1824
6.U.S.S. Wildcat 1824
7.USS Grampas 1843
8.USS Nina 1910
9.USS Cyclops 1918
10.USS NEREUS, and USS PROTEUS,1941 both sister ships of the USS Cyclops

there are some sites that list these others don't, plus there are many different reasons listed for loss. some say gales, others lost at sea or fate unknown.
also some are listed as missing in other areas that are not considered to be within the boundaries set by the writer Vincent Gaddis in the pulp fiction magazine Argosy in 1964, but are considered to be in the area of lore by other researchers.

on a side note,in the book "The Devil's Triangle" - Richard Winer, there was another missing navy bomber squadron of 5 planes lost a year before flight 19. i use to have it but i can't find it now, the ex probably trashed it when she was pissed at me.

i have also read that during WW II, missing ships and aircraft were not counted due to being thought that they may have been lost due to combat (subs) and mechanical technical problems with aircraft.

you know i bet your pa pa was sub hunting and just made the rest up. and really the U.S. looking for her during a war six years later, please.

you got to come with more than my pa pa told me here at ATS.

edit on 11-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

And in the regard of your story, the plane of Earhart has never been found. Just a slab of aluminum thought to be part of her plane.

...but one of the links that you cited refers to her plane having been found and deliberately destroyed ... Wings Over Kansas
So what gives?

I am referring to the official story that part of the plane was found in the Pacific.

I thought I was clear when I said specifically:

And in the regard of your story, the plane of Earhart has never been found

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Did a expedition some years not turn up a window from her plane? It was found to be the exact same materiel and width as the cockpit glass and also a organisation has been looking for this plane for many years with some interesting results

www.history.com...

edit on 11-4-2015 by slider1982 because: Link not working

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well this is the video at least,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join