It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Blows Everyone Away In Bed, Bath And Beyond

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
When I read the tittle "customer blows everyone away " I figured it would be some sort of shoot out at the bed bath and beyond store with somebody stealing soap or something. I gave you a star just for not being totally depressing like most other threads, I suppose once in a while these sort of things happen. But really, I went into that store once or twice, I never did find the "beyond" section of the store.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I have just recently bought my neighbor enough groceries for a month.
a reply to: here4this

That's very kind, thank you. Occasionally, I like to pay for the person in back of me at the Dunkin' drive-up.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

My first ever job was a Fishmonger.
I used to be able to tell who was hard up (normally little old dears) because they would buy what we called Cat bits (scraps of fish from behind the gill etc) which was 30p a pound and I knew it was the person buying it who was eating it so I used to bung in a bag of chicken and the odd salmon steak and stuff and only charge them for the cat bits.
Now I was technically stealing as it wasn't my shop so I used to stick chips of ice down the whole salmons throats to make them weigh more so the people who could afford salmon paid a little bit extra to cover the stuff I gave away.
Still feel bad but it was what Robin Hood did.

Proof that two wrongs 'can' make a right..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Paying forward. I do it too.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't like to talk about the good things I've done, and in a weird way after I do them I sometimes feel bad about it. I've never been sure why. Maybe it's because I know I've done so much wrong that a simple kind gesture does not make up for it all.

The other day I saw a lady in a Walgreen's with a child who looked like she had cancer. She was trying to buy her a beanie baby toy and a few other things. I immediately wanted to help, but I didn't want the mother to be embarrassed. When she did a price check on it the toy was about 7 bucks and I saw the lady openly grimace. I couldn't help myself at that point. In stepped in front of her and asked for a pack of smokes and said put it all together. It wasn't much, just like 23 bucks. I looked at her and gave her a smile and walked out. Not sure why I wanted to share this.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This is a nice story. I don't dispute that. Yet somehow the act of publicizing this takes away some of its magic. The man didn't want recognition. That is plain to understand by his actions. He felt drawn to help the woman because of her obvious suffering and did what he thought was right. Then he walked away. It was a private moment between the three people involved. It should have stayed that way.

I guess I don't need to read stories like these because I don't need affirmation that the spirit of compassion and sacrifice is alive in the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That my friend is reality.

Not to dim anyones hope in humanity, but like said BB&B is a bit spendy for someone down and out, unless they were just looking for a softy to make himself feel good.

As said, Ross, Big Lots, even Wallyworld would provide several comforters for the same price and even toss in some shoes and a jacket.

People in need dont go to Bed Bath and Beyond. That is not where you go to make the best of your limited dollars.

Great story. But it doesnt fit right.
edit on 14-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nice story if it's true, and I believe that it is. Here is my recent true story of random kindness. A friend and I returned from a business trip in San Diego, CA a few months ago. We had parked our car at one of those independent pay to park parking lots, So we took a shuttle from the Airport to the lot.

During the ride we were saying to each other "I am tired, I am tired" joking around mimicking the guy that says that repeatedly in the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Well this other guy smiled and giggled to himself and said that was such a great movie, and we started to talk about each other's trip.

Anyway, He was a nice guy. When you get to the lot, they drop you off right at your car. So they dropped him off at his, then dropped us off at ours. You pay at the booth when exiting this place. Well when we pulled up and tried to pay our fee, the lady said that the Man that just went through paid it for us.

We just looked at each other, and it brought tears to both of our eyes. I doubt we will ever see that guy again, but it sure gave me some much needed faith in humanity. I'll never forget that, and I can't wait to do it for someone else. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

People in need dont go to Bed Bath and Beyond. That is not where you go to make the best of your limited dollars.

That is a good point, that place is very expensive. It makes sense that the guy who paid for her stuff probably had a lot of money because he was shopping there though. Maybe her taste is bigger than her wallet, I know a few of them myself. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: tiremanken

S&F !
Thanks for making my day.
Posts like these are always a breath of fresh air!

I've noticed that you have been very busy on these boards as of late...going for a record?
All good!
Respect

No. Just recently reached my personal goal of posts tho. Never had that in mind when I joined.

I have mentioned a few times that I'm on my way out so I'm just posting to leave a mark I guess. I'm truly tired of the battles. It makes for a person not wanting to post anymore. That's why I'm trying to post more positive than negative.

I have to leave ATS but having a hard time and separation anxiety.

Just my way of saying good bye I suppose.

JUDE11

I've noticed the same thing. Your input and time/effort spent here is appreciated - even from a relative 'newbie' such as myself.

Is this a self-imposed exile or something that is purely circumstantial? Just curious if the 'battles' have truly left you spent or if it's something more out of your control. Not looking for specifics, rather just curious if it's a function of ATS's belligerence or you simply can't post any longer due to circumstances. Good luck in your future endeavors.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Sad isn't it?.
One of the best posters on ats leaving...
I have attempted to talk him out of leaving as I can bet many have.
Jude good luck dude and we will be hoping a break is all you need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join