It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Blows Everyone Away In Bed, Bath And Beyond

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Perhaps she had a gift card for the bulk of her purchase at BBB which would have been rendered to nothing had she tried to use the card elsewhere.

Must you p in my Cherrios?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Great story. I have just recently bought my neighbor enough groceries for a month. She is a divorced mom of a teen and she has had it rough as well due to the "30 hr full work week" .Some of my friends , etc asked me why I did that.They say you dont know that person . Simple , love thy neighbor as thine own self. Now , if we could get the entire world to have that view......

When I ran my bakery out in BC there was a promo every year by the local grocery store where you got so many "Turkey Dollars" for every purchase you made and then use those dollars towards a turkey the final week of Christmas.

My shopping for the bakery got me so many turkey dollars that I could trade them all in for approx. 10 turkeys when it came time. What to do with 10 turkeys? Give them away! I knew my customers and the ones that could use a break. The 2 for one bread days, mark downs etc. So, we would surprise people we knew needed a little help. We made our lists and when these people came in to shop they would receive a "Excuse me, you forgot your turkey!" The looks were priceless.

We never told people they were picked by us for the simple reason that they could use a little help but rather we told them they were a random number customer chosen daily. No catch.

It felt good for me and my staff because we knew some tables had a bird that year.

The tickets were so many that I would see a person in the check out line at that grocery store sometimes counting out 3, 7, 11 turkey dollars to knock off their turkey purchase. I would take a wad of those red and green dollars out of my pocket and finish off the purchase of the bird. Sometimes 20-30 dollars worth.

Keep in mund these dollars were only store dollars and became unusable after Christmas so I bought a lot of birds as fast as I could...
The store staff loved it and the owners sometimes matched my dollars by giving me more to buy more turkeys to give away.

So many birds, so little time. One year I counted 32 turkeys...

That's all I got.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

did you just out swanson me?

LOL....yeah. we don't know details...and could likely just take the story for what it is: a nice allegory of good citizenship.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

did you just out swanson me?

LOL....yeah. we don't know details...and could likely just take the story for what it is: a nice allegory of good citizenship.

Yup!

As I mentioned in the OP, I'm choosing to believe it.

Real or not, it needs to be the norm.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Aliensun

Perhaps she had a gift card for the bulk of her purchase at BBB which would have been rendered to nothing had she tried to use the card elsewhere.

Must you p in my Cherrios?

Exactly. Another possible scenario along with a huge 80% off spring sale or 2 for one etc.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

As a side note, I'm finding lately that the simple act of looking for good news in the morning BEFORE coming to ATS not only gives me a lighter morning, but passing it along is giving me a sense of doing a small part for strangers.

Careful now....you might be accused of being a leftists with talk like that.
j/k

Seriously though, what a wonderful story. I have done similar gestures in recent years; though, not on the $200 scale. It is one of the most rewarding feelings in the world to help a complete stranger in need.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing I hope it's true!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

As a side note, I'm finding lately that the simple act of looking for good news in the morning BEFORE coming to ATS not only gives me a lighter morning, but passing it along is giving me a sense of doing a small part for strangers.

Careful now....you might be accused of being a leftists with talk like that.
j/k

Seriously though, what a wonderful story. I have done similar gestures in recent years; though, not on the $200 scale. It is one of the most rewarding feelings in the world to help a complete stranger in need.

Nope.

Left? Right? WTF does it all mean anyways?

I'm in the middle and decide what and who I am instead of adhering to certain leanings. I take a little from this and a little from that and viola! Super Jude!

Left or right is just an excuse for not being your own person as far as I'm concerned.

Until then, I'll give away a turkey. If I can shoot it first, all the better.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

S&F !
Thanks for making my day.
Posts like these are always a breath of fresh air!

I've noticed that you have been very busy on these boards as of late...going for a record?
All good!
Respect

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Spot on. Why is she shopping at that place if she doesn't have any money?

I mean, that's really cool of the guy to pick up the tab for her and all. But it sounds like he ain't too bright either...

Yea, helping to give someone something nice, above minimum requirements...what an idiot!
edit on 11-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiremanken

S&F !
Thanks for making my day.
Posts like these are always a breath of fresh air!

I've noticed that you have been very busy on these boards as of late...going for a record?
All good!
Respect

No. Just recently reached my personal goal of posts tho. Never had that in mind when I joined.

I have mentioned a few times that I'm on my way out so I'm just posting to leave a mark I guess. I'm truly tired of the battles. It makes for a person not wanting to post anymore. That's why I'm trying to post more positive than negative.

I have to leave ATS but having a hard time and separation anxiety.

Just my way of saying good bye I suppose.

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Must admit I wish it happened to me

I thought what goes around comes around?....ah maybe next week

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

My first ever job was a Fishmonger.
I used to be able to tell who was hard up (normally little old dears) because they would buy what we called Cat bits (scraps of fish from behind the gill etc) which was 30p a pound and I knew it was the person buying it who was eating it so I used to bung in a bag of chicken and the odd salmon steak and stuff and only charge them for the cat bits.
Now I was technically stealing as it wasn't my shop so I used to stick chips of ice down the whole salmons throats to make them weigh more so the people who could afford salmon paid a little bit extra to cover the stuff I gave away.
Still feel bad but it was what Robin Hood did.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I love this website...thanks to all those like you.
Here's wishing you the best on your future endeavors!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Thats so freaking awesome.

I like to think I met a few people like the guy in this story. D if you are out there....tell me that was you?

LOL

that really is great though- Class act.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

My first ever job was a Fishmonger.
I used to be able to tell who was hard up (normally little old dears) because they would buy what we called Cat bits (scraps of fish from behind the gill etc) which was 30p a pound and I knew it was the person buying it who was eating it so I used to bung in a bag of chicken and the odd salmon steak and stuff and only charge them for the cat bits.
Now I was technically stealing as it wasn't my shop so I used to stick chips of ice down the whole salmons throats to make them weigh more so the people who could afford salmon paid a little bit extra to cover the stuff I gave away.
Still feel bad but it was what Robin Hood did.

OH MY GOD!

You committed a wrong to help those in need?

Off with your head!

Thanks for helping those that need it.

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I guess it's a sign of the times when my only thought upon reading the title was "Oh, someone went on a shooting spree again. I wonder how many they killed."

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I guess it's a sign of the times when my only thought upon reading the title was "Oh, someone went on a shooting spree again. I wonder how many they killed."

It is indeed a sign of the times.

I posted without thinking. It's the actual title of the article.

Makes me wonder...A lot of flags and stars...Why?

I expected a few of each due to the nature but is it the misinterpretation that made this thread popular or the actual content? I prefer to think it's the latter.

We'll never know.

JUDE11

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

This is one Great, HeartWarming Story! Thanx for the Share Jude! Totally makes My Day!! Thank You!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Good clickbait action with a thread title such as this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join