It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Blows Everyone Away In Bed, Bath And Beyond

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Don't know if it's true or not. I prefer to think it is...so therefore, it is.

Enjoy.

So, my faith in humanity was restored last night while working my part-time job at a local Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I was in the process of ringing out a female customer who had a rough time of it recently in their life. She had been in the night before and was back again to determine what she could afford to purchase. She was trying to buy comforters for herself and her two young sons.

She had decided to purchase what she could afford last evening which was one comforter. She counted out all of the cash she had and then used her debit card to make the rest of the purchase.

A gentlemen, waiting to make his purchase, watched quietly and motioned to me as I was bagging up the comforter for the woman. He told me he wanted to buy everything else for her. I asked him if he was sure. He nodded.

I quickly and quietly rang out the rest of the purchases while I asked the female customer to wait a moment. The total came to over $200. The man provided me with his credit card without blinking. He signed and off he went.

I then told the female customer that all of the items were hers and she was checked out and ready to go. She stared at me with complete shock on her face. The the tears started. I started crying also.

In ten years of working this particular part-time job, I have NEVER witnessed such compassion and selflessness. There are good, no great, people in this world. And they do not receive the credit they should.

Thank you to this anonymous patron for: bringing a bit of joy and relief into that female customer’s life AND for restoring my faith in humanity.

Read more at www.sunnyskyz.com...

As a side note, I'm finding lately that the simple act of looking for good news in the morning BEFORE coming to ATS not only gives me a lighter morning, but passing it along is giving me a sense of doing a small part for strangers. If only one other person gets a smile from some good news that I share, I'm ok with that.

Good Morning ATS!

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Awesome, humanity prevails for the right reasons and without expectation of recognition.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have infinitely more respect for the quiet one that walks away, opposed to the ones who hang around to be thanked and cried on. They only seem to want to be called a "hero"...a word we use FAR too often these days. Do good...walk away...the feeling of helping another in need is thanks enough by itself.
edit on 11-4-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I enjoy these acts of kindness as I have done similar purchases for people I knew needed, but struggled to afford basic amenities like this.

However, in the state of our current world, when I read your title I expected something WAY different and much more horrifying. Glad it turned out to be a positive.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I wish people would understand that doing something for a stranger in need is one of the best feeling you can have.
I suggest everyone to at least have a go.
Great story and of course it is true.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The world would be so alien, yet so close to paradise, if the act of giving was as common, nay more so, than what the act of taking currently is.

It appears to be completely illogical to do so (because we have been conditioned to think that way) but the act of giving (without expecting anything in return) provides the human soul with such a "buzz" that I am surprised more people (at least that those that have the ability to do so) do not do it.

imo, it is instances such as this that allow me to reflect on the nature of "God" - and whether s/he be myth or measurable.

greencmp, the more I read the more I like - 12 words very well said.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The world would be so alien, yet so close to paradise, if the act of giving was as common, nay more so, than what the act of taking currently is.

It appears to be completely illogical to do so (because we have been conditioned to think that way) but the act of giving (without expecting anything in return) provides the human soul with such a "buzz" that I am surprised more people (at least that those that have the ability to do so) do not do it.

imo, it is instances such as this that allow me to reflect on the nature of "God" - and whether s/he be myth or measurable.

greencmp, the more I read the more I like - 12 words very well said.

I'm in no way a religious person but I do believe we have equal measures of positive and negative energies that make up the human self.

Some just have more of one or the other.

Jude11

edit on 11-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I enjoy these acts of kindness as I have done similar purchases for people I knew needed, but struggled to afford basic amenities like this.

However, in the state of our current world, when I read your title I expected something WAY different and much more horrifying. Glad it turned out to be a positive.

Never thought about the title! Not mine.

Yes, It can definitely be misconstrued due to where we are today.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That is a beautiful thing to do for someone!

Providing a person with nesting materials when they are incapable of gathering them on their own, is a very personal, intimate thing to do, and it took significant bottle, not to mention compassion and empathy, to go ahead and make that purchase.

I say that it is a very intimate, and personal thing, because I have been without a place to rest my head, nor a duvet to cover myself in repose, and that bought home to me exactly how personal those things are. That is precisely why I will make sure to get good cottons for my bedding, rather than skimp out and get the cheapest thing I can lay my hands on. Its a lovely thing to do for someone, and its great that you posted this here. It is vital that we access this sort of data now and again, to remind ourselves that the human race is not yet doomed.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The real way to help someone is to help them without desiring gratification. It even says that in the bible. Now, surely there couldn't have been compassionate people two thousand years ago.

People have not really changed much in the last two thousand years. We just think we did just like many societies that collapsed over that time. The good societies got corrupted or overthrown by corrupt leaders of nations. These corrupted people want to make more like themselves to increase their power. But they want to remain on top.

Look at the people who lead countries. Many of them are corrupt as I mentioned above. The people who want a tranquil life do not want that kind of stress. They do not desire to deal with corruption on a daily basis. If a good person does get in they get corrupted or they accomplish nothing. This is not limited to Democracies either. Now these politicians always accentuate their good deeds, so this practice is actually a way of determining the real intention of people. A little recognition is not bad, but using the recognition to raise yourself up is not good. Jesus says not to tell others of his good deeds in the bible. Why is that? This recognition can turn a good man into something not good. A person's ego can turn into the Goodyear blimp.

I'm sorry for getting off topic OP. This article is probably true but then again people do make things up. There could be more to this also, the man could have been a friend of the family or something, but we will never know. I know people who lie all the time, and they believe their lies. They would pass a polygraph test. There may be more to it in this case though or maybe the whole story is real. Now, the guy took a credit card, the person's name is on the card. But that is right, they don't take IDs anymore and nobody even looks at the credit card. Maybe it was a stolen card.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

its a nice story, and i am certain similar things happen from time to time and place to place.

But being a little too much like Ron Swanson myself, I have to point out that Bed, Bath, and Beyond is a poor venue to select when you are a broke parent being forced to make a purchase out of necessity. In fact, I would bet that had a woman such as herself walked out of that Bed, Bath, and Beyond and looked in the general vicinity, she would have found a Ross's nearby. Where that expensive blanket at Bed Bath and Beyond, from last years line of blankets, would be marked down by 70% or more.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing this uplifting story. Anonymous 'Random acts of Kindness' such as this are far more common than we realize.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Spot on. Why is she shopping at that place if she doesn't have any money?

I mean, that's really cool of the guy to pick up the tab for her and all. But it sounds like he ain't too bright either...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Whether this particular story is true or not, it lifted my heart and brought a smile to my face. What a wonderful way to start my day.

Thank you Jude

Jas

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing...I like reading about good news...it is a great way to start the day!

Also...it is good reading about someone giving from their heart to another...and it isn't even Christmas time!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

its a nice story, and i am certain similar things happen from time to time and place to place.

But being a little too much like Ron Swanson myself, I have to point out that Bed, Bath, and Beyond is a poor venue to select when you are a broke parent being forced to make a purchase out of necessity. In fact, I would bet that had a woman such as herself walked out of that Bed, Bath, and Beyond and looked in the general vicinity, she would have found a Ross's nearby. Where that expensive blanket at Bed Bath and Beyond, from last years line of blankets, would be marked down by 70% or more.

I can see that.

What we don't know is if they were perhaps having an 80% off clearance sale or even 2 for one days or something similar.

Maybe? Maybe not.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why is she shopping at that place if she doesn't have any money?
a reply to: NthOther

Perhaps, even though she's apparently low on cash doesn't mean she won't struggle to provide her family with quality stuff. Does BB&B carry higher quality products? My wife says "definitely yes, better quality." The donor is a Saint, plain and simple.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: I forgot something

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That was a generous act by the man, there is no denying that aspect.

Oh, lordy, it is left up to me to get beat up on in pointing out that the poor woman was shopping in the wrong store. Her meager funds could have gone a lot further had she shopped at any one of half a dozen less trendy businesses for her purchases. "Comforters" have always been a luxury item in my life from childhood until yesterday. Yesterday, I had to make the troubling decision to give some perfectly good, heavy blankets to the local animal shelter because they have a stigma of being simply used and a little ratty around the satin-like trim.

So many people make bad choices over relatively simple decisions about their funds (or lack of) that I must wonder how they survive otherwise in the maw of society. That one aspect of survival, managing one's personal finances, in today's world becomes more crucial all of the time as more and more people fall through the cracks for various reasons. I wonder what food the woman had in her kitchen cabinets at home and why she had to come back to BBB a second time to make her purchase when she could have done better elsewhere.

I'm a senior trying to live on a social security check and it is damned near impossible without frequent "injects" from my savings. All of you people out there still working, with your up-to-date gadgets, don't stop until you have some sort of a substantial nest egg. That woman with children and short of funds is even now in a world of hurt, and she hasn't seen anything yet.

edit on 11-4-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Great story. I have just recently bought my neighbor enough groceries for a month. She is a divorced mom of a teen and she has had it rough as well due to the "30 hr full work week" .Some of my friends , etc asked me why I did that.They say you dont know that person . Simple , love thy neighbor as thine own self. Now , if we could get the entire world to have that view......

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Thank you for this heartwarming story. Random acts of kindness happen everyday and it has happened to me. I have paid it forward often and will continue to do so.

You have to give to get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join